It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Bellevue Washington

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Ah ok.

Im more like 10 miles from you
But still on the eastside.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

As long as you are out there tomorrow morning, you might as well do some other skywatching as well to pass the time.

SkyMed1 05:51:40 am SSE 05:55:48am 44° 2.9 (visible)

Simple Satellite Tracker

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Long time lurker, first time poster here.
I only chime in as it seems no one has mentioned the program Stellarium. OP I find it very helpful in keeping track of which stars are in the skies at any given time, anywhere in the world, letting one confirm or disprove whether ones sighting is that of a star or not.
Turning on the Constellation lines ( Shortcut C key ) provides a very good guide as well.

Link to Stellarium

Bron.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bronagh
Long time lurker, first time poster here.
I only chime in as it seems no one has mentioned the program Stellarium. OP I find it very helpful in keeping track of which stars are in the skies at any given time, anywhere in the world, letting one confirm or disprove whether ones sighting is that of a star or not.
Turning on the Constellation lines ( Shortcut C key ) provides a very good guide as well.

Link to Stellarium

Bron.

Thanks, just the program I was looking for. I''ll play with it and try to post a picture of how I remember the stars and where the object was located. I'm not afraid to admit if was a star, I'll be looking tomorrow to see if it is there. If it is I'll record it as proof of such.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
As i was watching the video i was pausing at certain points where there were close up`s and you can see the black object attached to the light.i was 90% sure that it was a helicopter with a search light attached to the underside of it, but by the way it just disappears at the end i guess it wasn`t a helicopter.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoparDanno

The air has been cold and moist the past few mornings ( dew on the cars etc ), with that said, any light in the air is going to have a shimmer or twinkle effect, especially if it is medium low to medium high on the horizon because of the amount of atmosphere that the light is shining through.

Those are perfect conditions for what AstroBob is talking about in this article at AstroBobs Site.

Twinkling stars always catch our attention. People will often report a bright object flashing or pulsating in the different colors and swear it’s a UFO. When I ask the time and location of their sighting, it almost always turns out to be a bright star like Sirius, Capella or Arcturus seen near the horizon.

About AstroBob from the bottom of the page -

My name is Bob King and I work at the Duluth News Tribune in Duluth, Minn. as a photographer and photo editor. I'm also an amateur astronomer and have been keen on the sky since age 11. My modest credentials include membership in the American Association of Variable Star Observers (AAVSO) where I'm a regular contributor, International Meteorite Collectors Assn. and Arrowhead Astronomical Society. I also teach community education astronomy classes at our local planetarium.

I think that is talking about what this is. To find out though you do need to check again while the star, if it is a star, is still in that region at that time of day. You could know for sure by just providing better info on the position. Plenty of folks here that could rule it in or out so you know.

Keep looking up and filming

edit on 9/8/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

It's quite simple really. No need for star maps & iphone apps. Just go outside at the exact same time. If it's there again well then it's probably a planet/star. If not?

ETA: I see everyone is already suggesting that
edit on 7-9-2012 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by majesticgent

More than likely people will tell you it is Venus, like the following video, but who knows what it is?

LOL, I guess Venus decided to change colors this morning. But I can tell you it was not Venus, I'm not that blind or stupid you know.

Yes, it decided to change colors

and start moving

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Very Interesting video...clearly shows the object moving behind the tree, albeit slowly.

People who claim it to be Venus, obviously have not observed Venus.

To start with, there is one Number One rule of celestial bodies observed from Earth.

Planets DONT NOT Sparkle!!! End of Story...the reason being...they Do Not give off Light..they Reflect light.

In Decades of observing Venus and other planets, I have Never seen the light exhibition as shown in the OPs video, from any planet.

Venus can be quite large and bright and MAY show some minor Refraction as it approaches the Horizon, and lower angles of the sky. But certainly not at the height or luminosity of the shown video. I would also have expected Venus to have moved further toward the horizon and out of view, considering the time frame of the videos...2-3hours?

It May be a Star. Hopefully observations in the next morning should prove or disprove that theory.
So who is volunteering to get up at 5.00-5.30am in the same city with camera in hand?
Many people we hope......

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Pagedisciple

Venus is stationary? That's news to me...

Since people can't gauge sarcasm, but dish it out well, I was giving a preview of what the debunkers always say videos like this are. Venus. I guess Chinese lantern would have been more appropriate?

I, on the other hand, don't know what it is.
edit on 7-9-2012 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Actually, scientifically the reason planets don't scintillate is because, their apparent angular size in the sky negates the effect. Low down, the thickness of the Earth's atmosphere can cause some scintillation however, nothing compared to that you would see from a star at the same altitude. This particularly is relevant to Venus which many , with decent eyesight can see it as a disc and tell what phases Venus is actually at, with the naked eye.

This is not a planet and not a star, the moment and non movement over the time period completely negate that option.

I suspect and others might say yay or nay to this that the "black shadow" that appears is "digital burn" caused by the actual brightness of the object overloading the pixels around it in places?

Helicopter? Could be however the duration is quite long for many non military types fuel supply .

Maybe something tethered and reflective? Could be however, the light seems to be as bright in day light as it was before the dawn when I thought just maybe, it was a reflection off the Sun from below the horizon as the Sun was about rise.

Plane in a holding pattern? For that length of time, over 30 mins? Seems unlikely to me. though not out of the question.

I suspect the object is generating the light itself, as the shade and intensity don't change with the rising sun and really, you'd expect them to do exactly that, to some degree.

The one thing that does come to mind is some sort of balloon, tethered with very intense LEDs slung under it. Though that begs the question why? Unless someone was doing it deliberately to engender exactly this sort of response.

Outside of that, as it stands, has me stumped, be really interested to see if there is a prosaic explanation, that holds up to scrutiny.
edit on 7-9-2012 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Redmond Police arrested a 31-year-old male and a 36-year-old female, both from Bothell, after police went to Bothell to arrest the female suspect for rendering criminal assistance. When they arrived, the say a man fled the area.

it might have been a police helicopter looking for this guy?

www.bellevuereporter.com...

there`s also a wildfire burning just southeast of there, it could be a firefighting aircraft or helicopter coming or going to an airport..
edit on 8-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Looking SE from Kirkland, WA at 5 am yesterday (Stellarium)

I see no Sirius, barely any Orion. Venus and Jupiter are far too close together, I think, and too high for your description.

edit on 8/9/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
By your limited description it seems like its sirius.
Its noticeable before daybreak. Or around 4 am , depending on your location.

It doesn't look like other stars. If you catch it will it's rising in the SE. it's huge, very bright, twinkling different colours

The first time I saw it, I thought it was a UFO. Everybody does.

Sirius the brightest star
edit on 8-9-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Morning, Was wondering if any update was coming?

Did OP get a chance to head back out to same spot to see if the object returned?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Yeah, don't keep us in suspense

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   

A dark sky and a digital camera that can't focus on very distant objects?

What could the most obvious two things this object could be, other than an alien transport ship?

Yes ..A Star or maybe even a planet, and the effects of light through the Earth’s atmosphere.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Morning, Was wondering if any update was coming?

Did OP get a chance to head back out to same spot to see if the object returned?

I'm alive and well, got some video, will post in a few

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Was kind of hoping that you would return with a: " it wasn't there today?!?"

This meana it was more than likely a star
. Unless it was in a totally different spot from yesterday... If it was in the south western atmosphere yesterday and north today, than that would be mint.

Can't wait to see the video

edit on 8-9-2012 by Xquizit because: Grammar

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join