It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Bellevue Washington

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Direction and elevation are pretty easy to estimate. Maybe ask one of your friends to help you out with that.

Or, try this... tell us what road you were walking along, whether you were walking north or south on that road, and if you were looking to the left or right.

Based on the video and treeline, I'll guess the elevation was roughly 30 degrees

I recorded this pointing towards the South from the back yard. Orion and Venus were to the left the Moon and Jupiter were on the right, this object was right in the center. That the best I can do in terms of location of the stars because I did pay attention to that before I started recording. I'm trying to find a good star chart online but the main one seems to be down.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

Plus the OP is not moving himself while this is happening.

You know this how ? , the OP could have shifted his position slightly without even realizing it which would give the impression the object(Star) had moved .

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Watch the first few seconds of this vid from a guy I sub on YT it has the positions of Venus Saturn and the Moon in the eastern sky in the A.M I got up early today to walk to Kits to see them at about 4:30, 5 O'clock this morning with my coffee. Everything was crazy bright today and supposed to be a better conjuction tomorrow.

That being said video is strange cause if it was one of our steller bodys you would see the others im pretty sure

SO's Vid 2min News Sept 7th

SaneThinking

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Can you point to the part of the video that highlights movement?

15 minutes is pretty tough to sit through... if you could help pinpoint that, it would be helpful.

If this thing is clearly moving somewhere in the video, we can rule out "star".

start at 7:17

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

That the best I can do in terms of location of the stars because I did pay attention to that before I started recording

That should be good enough. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

You may be right... But check out 8:15 to 8:40. After he zooms out, his hand is pretty darn steady.. You can see it with your own eyes.

I guess the only way to truly debunk the "star" theory is for people in the same area to go out tomorrow morning and check it out. Looking forward to what people find
. Or not.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Very cool. How can people think thats a planet/star? (clearly moving, no?)
Another vote for 'Maitreya's Star' sighting here.
Great catch! Thanks for posting your vid.

edit on 7-9-2012 by Starcrossd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

OK I see what you are talking about.

I honestly don't see clear evidence that the object is moving. A slight shift in perspective from the camera would account for it ending up on the other side of the tree branch.

reply to post by Xquizit

I guess the only way to truly debunk the "star" theory is for people in the same area to go out tomorrow morning and check it out. Looking forward to what people find. Or not.

Anyone with a clear sky can play along regardless of location (if it's a star)

Anyway... looking forward to what tomorrow has to offer.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit
reply to post by gortex

You may be right... But check out 8:15 to 8:40. After he zooms out, his hand is pretty darn steady.. You can see it with your own eyes.

I guess the only way to truly debunk the "star" theory is for people in the same area to go out tomorrow morning and check it out. Looking forward to what people find
. Or not.

I made 6 videos of this in the 3 & 5 I was just holding the camera, in the video I posted I was using a tripod. Also, don't forget the end of the video between 11:30 to the end, as you can see the object was in the same area even in the daylight.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Looks like a mid-point, or a manifested energy using technology and quantum physics. Like a fluxuation of sound and light energy. Who knows, there is still alot to discover in this world ^.^ nice vid though

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Hmmm,

Well, I guess I will throw my thoughts into this.

First, I have lived in the Seattle area my whole life. 41 years now. I am very familiar with the area.

Second, I right now live within 5 miles of the OP.

Third, There is one MAJOR airport that has a holding pattern that would be directly south of the OP's position. Also, there are 3 regional airports in the area that have heavy traffic as well. Boeing is in the area, all 737, 747, 757, 767, and 777's are made within 40 miles of us. We have ALOT of air traffic in this area.

Fourth, the northerly holding pattern passes right over my house, and last night there were no planes flying in that pattern, I sleep with my window open and I can hear the planes passing regularly ( one every minute or two ). So that means that they were flying in the southerly holding pattern which means that they will be pointing right at Bellevue when flying on the northbound leg.

I often see, facing south, lights that will do just this. They are planes that are in the holding pattern for Seatac airport. When they are coming right at you, they do not look like they are moving, or moving very slightly and when they make their turn the light suddenly dissapears, then another light from the next plane in line will pop into place. I will admit that it can be startlingly odd the first time you see it, until you figure out what it is that you are seeing.

The air has been cold and moist the past few mornings ( dew on the cars etc ), with that said, any light in the air is going to have a shimmer or twinkle effect, especially if it is medium low to medium high on the horizon because of the amount of atmosphere that the light is shining through.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Danno

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I'm trying to find a good star chart online but the main one seems to be down.

Try this one. You can plug in your lat/lon for Bellevue and the time, and it will produce a map.

Your Sky

Here's what the sky has planned for tomorrow morning at 7:30, from your location, in the area you describe.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If it was a ufo then why would it need to be over

bumhuck egypt. If they want to be seen they could easily give us a real showing

im not buying this

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoparDanno
Hmmm,

Well, I guess I will throw my thoughts into this.

First, I have lived in the Seattle area my whole life. 41 years now. I am very familiar with the area.

Second, I right now live within 5 miles of the OP.

Third, There is one MAJOR airport that has a holding pattern that would be directly south of the OP's position. Also, there are 3 regional airports in the area that have heavy traffic as well. Boeing is in the area, all 737, 747, 757, 767, and 777's are made within 40 miles of us. We have ALOT of air traffic in this area.

Fourth, the northerly holding pattern passes right over my house, and last night there were no planes flying in that pattern, I sleep with my window open and I can hear the planes passing regularly ( one every minute or two ). So that means that they were flying in the southerly holding pattern which means that they will be pointing right at Bellevue when flying on the northbound leg.

I often see, facing south, lights that will do just this. They are planes that are in the holding pattern for Seatac airport. When they are coming right at you, they do not look like they are moving, or moving very slightly and when they make their turn the light suddenly dissapears, then another light from the next plane in line will pop into place. I will admit that it can be startlingly odd the first time you see it, until you figure out what it is that you are seeing.

The air has been cold and moist the past few mornings ( dew on the cars etc ), with that said, any light in the air is going to have a shimmer or twinkle effect, especially if it is medium low to medium high on the horizon because of the amount of atmosphere that the light is shining through.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Danno

I won't rule out that this could be a plane at a very far distance, but it just doesn't look that way. I never seen a plane give off that much light in the daytime. This was taken from 5:00 to 6:30am and it stayed in the same area the whole time, I didn't notice that it moved until I saw it go behind the trees. I should also note that the object never disappeared, I just lost track of it sometime while trying to zoom in closer.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by popcornmafia

Bellevue WA is hardly backwoods. HAHAHA.

The metro Seattle area ( of which Bellevue is a large part of ) has millions of people spread over a 120 mile corridor. So technically IF this was a UFO, they were making quite a statement.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Ill try to remember to get up early tomorrow and see if I can lay eyes on this too. You say its directly south?

Danno

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

thanks man you had me in stitches i needed a laugh ,, not at what you was filming but your commentary nice one ,,
it is unidentified its an object just dont know if it is flying

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I recorded this pointing towards the South from the back yard.

From my post earlier in the thread regarding Sirius

It is enchanting, so much so that – every year, beginning in the fall – we get many, many questions about a multicolored star twinkling in the southeastern to southern sky after midnight.
earthsky.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoparDanno

Ill try to remember to get up early tomorrow and see if I can lay eyes on this too. You say its directly south?

Danno

Yeah, maybe a little southeast, I'm actually in Kirkland, I said Bellevue because that was the direction I was pointing in and it seemed to be right over it. The time was 5am and lasted until about 6:30am.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starcrossd
Another vote for 'Maitreya's Star' sighting here.
Great catch! Thanks for posting your vid.

edit on 7-9-2012 by Starcrossd because: (no reason given)

Yeah. Those "Maitreya Star" sightings are rampant and all over the world. This could indeed be another one of those sightings. I'm skeptical about share-intl.org, Benjamin Creme, and Maitreya but I just found it interesting because the OP said he thought it could be related to demons so it seemed like it fit.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join