It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Bellevue Washington

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I got to go with Sirius myself,

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
1. What time was it?

2. What direction were you looking?

3. What was the approximate elevation in the sky? (90 being straight above your head, 0 being on the horizon itself)

We have enough ATS'ers in the Seattle area that a few might take a couple seconds to look up tomorrow morning while retrieving the newspaper.

I recorded between 5am and 6:30am. I'll most likely be taking the same route tomorrow as well, I'll make sure to see if it returns.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by gortex
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

Here's my idea .....
See the sky’s brightest star, Sirius, before dawn

Whats yours ?
Ok just checked the above link you posted ...Demons , well rest easy its not a Demon .

edit on 7-9-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

I know for a fact this was not a star, I really don't think it was a helicoper or anything because it was pretty much in the same spot the whole time. I made 6 videos I only uploaded those 2 because they were the best quality. In video 5 I tried to give a few reference points. Check it out.

edit on 7-9-2012 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

Sorry, but I have to say it looks exactly like a star or planet, the way it is scintillating different colors is actually quite a common phenomena. I have seen this many times, and while it is an impressive display, it is totally a normal and natural occurrence.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me how to flag this thread? Thanks

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

But I know it wasn't Venus because from where I was looking Venus was on the right of Orion and the Moon and Jupiter I think were on the left, this object was just below Orion.
If Venus was to the right of Orion we have a real problem.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Don't forget about the direction you were facing the elevation.

More eyes on the sky can only help to determine what you have captured on film.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm going to guess Venus or Jupiter. I'm not an astronomy whiz by any means, but I have seen a bright Venus put out some crazy flashing colors, looking pretty much exactly like this. The speed at which it moves behind the branches of the tree in the foreground seems about right. I've watched Venus through my telescope on a few occasions (when it was particularly bright and I wanted to get a closer look, you know, just to make sure), and it moved through my scope's field of view several times over a period of about 20 minutes.

Certainly couldn't say for sure, but I don't see anything here that rules out a bright planet.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

Don't forget about the direction you were facing the elevation.

More eyes on the sky can only help to determine what you have captured on film.

I'm not good with elevations and stuff like that. All I can say is watch the video from 7:16 on and you can clearly see that this could not have been a star because the object clearly moves behind the trees, and does so fairly quickly. I don't think the stars move that fast.
edit on 7-9-2012 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sirius putting on a show

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Alright.... C'mon people, the object the OP taped clearly moves at a way quicker speed than any star. Stars don't move that fast. Plus the OP is not moving himself while this is happening. That to me is proof enough that this is not a star.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Direction and elevation are pretty easy to estimate. Maybe ask one of your friends to help you out with that.

Or, try this... tell us what road you were walking along, whether you were walking north or south on that road, and if you were looking to the left or right.

Based on the video and treeline, I'll guess the elevation was roughly 30 degrees

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xquizit

it was pretty much in the same spot the whole time

you can clearly see that this could not have been a star because the object clearly moves behind the trees, and does so fairly quickly. I don't think the stars move that fast.

At one part in the video, he says something like "now it looks like it's right over Bellevue"

I'm a little confused by these statements.

Which one should apply to this sighting?
edit on 7-9-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

edit on 7-9-2012 by dayve because: idc....

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm going with Sirius it flashes and changes colors in the sky just like the ops video..The only time i see this thing move in the video is when the op moves the camera ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I'm going with Sirius it flashes and changes colors in the sky just like the ops video..The only time i see this thing move in the video is when the op moves the camera ..peace,sugarcookie1

Then you didn't watch the whole video.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Well, what i got from what the OP was trying to say was that the 'object' was pretty much stationary withing a small space. As in it wasn't flying across the whole skies...

I guess he's the one who would have to answer this question.

Good question though

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Wrong... You can CLEARLY see the object move behind the tree while the OP is completely still. You should look at the whole vid.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xquizit

Wrong... Go to 7:20 to 8:20. You can CLEARLY see the object move behind the tree while the OP is completely still. You should look at the whole vid.

What are you talking about, the OP made that video, so i think he knows the details a bit better then yourself.

edit on 7-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Can you point to the part of the video that highlights movement?

15 minutes is pretty tough to sit through... if you could help pinpoint that, it would be helpful.

If this thing is clearly moving somewhere in the video, we can rule out "star".

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Originally posted by sugarcookie1

Then you didn't watch the whole video.

MMDoxs.. He did.

Three posts prior to yours...

edit on 7-9-2012 by Xquizit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join