It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Borders... A huge Problem / Illegal Immigration - How Would You Fix It ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
We heard from the candidates on this issue last night, nothing was very clear as to how they would handle it... so ATS, how would you fix it ?

It's reported that about 8 thousand "immigrants" cross the borders into the United States each day and since 2000 about 7 million "illegal immigrants" here in the U.S.

So how do we fix this ?

[edit on 14-10-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
whenever a "illegal" is caught take them straight to a government building where they will be immediately made citizens of the USA. Then give them 10 dollars, take them to the exit and wave goodbye as the doors close. Sadly when i had an accident and the bills came (1500 dollars for 30 stitches and a ambulance ride) i couldnt get financial help anywhere (i was still in highschool at the time and was unemployed)...i even called a local church that only offered 20 dollars but if you commit a crime in my county as they kick you out of the jail they give you 10 dollars. I really dont care about this issue anymore, jobs are being sent to other countries, people come to america looking for jobs, americans cant find jobs as it is, i dont care. The government is so lame, its all just a facade, just a song and a dance to make the people happy, nothing ever changes. Owell if they pay taxes let them in, if the government raises taxes with all the new citizens then the new citizens can help fight in the revolution, i can dream cant I?

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Seal the borders, deport illegals as you come across them whether it be in a hospital, school, factory, whatever. A child that is born in the U.S. to an illegal should be deported with the family. The child can have dual citizenship and when the child is 18 they can choose to come back to the U.S.

We are spending a fortune on supporting illegals and it has got to stop. I realize that deportation sounds harsh and heartless, but if people want to be in the United States they need to do it through the proper channels, and if they break the law in coming here they should not be rewarded.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Guns and Soldiers. If you see an illegal coming across, shoot to kill. That sends the right message and it keeps our hospitals from going broke because of emergency room costs for those uninsured illegals as well as it keeps the schools from being over crowded and from going broke. It's pretty easy, just need people to quit being whimps and do what is necessary.
If an illegal is caught here in the states, you deport them, second time around, you execute them.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
www.azcentral.com...

english.pravda.ru...

These arent stripped down planes...they have everything a commercial plane would haveand more. I cant find the Homeland Secruity page dealing with this but its out there somewhere. Yea this is how we should be spending money

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   

We fix it like they did in the old days.

with that kind of thinking its amazing people hate America ...

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't know that I agree with the 'shoot to kill'....

I do like sealing up the borders. If it requires military patrol, then so be it.. just don't shoot to kill, I mean, see someone trying to cross then warning shots....

now another question...

let's say the decision would be to seal the border... how would you do that ?

A big wall... electronically... ??

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Why do the Mexicans and others come to our nation illegaly? The big word is employment. Who are the employers who hire these illegals? The INS must seek out and punish these individuals. Without a job the illegals have no incentive to come here. After this campaign has started then you seal the border with Mexico. For those Mexicans who still wish to come grant them temporary work visas and disallow childred of illegals from gaining citizenship. Deport all illegals who remain after these two steps have been taken.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by flycatch]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Good point flycatch... punish those who help compound the problem, I'm sure that this does happen somewhat... but emphasis needs to be put on the employers that if you hire and "illegal" you will be fined and or worse.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
... deport illegals as you come across them whether it be in a hospital, school, factory, whatever.
... child that is born in the U.S. to an illegal should be deported with the family. The child can have dual citizenship and when the child is 18 they can choose to come back to the U.S.
... We are spending a fortune on supporting illegals and it has got to stop. I realize that deportation sounds harsh and heartless, but if people want to be in the United States they need to do it through the proper channels, and if they break the law in coming here they should not be rewarded.
Jemison

Originally posted by elevatedone ... punish those who help compound the problem ... emphasis needs to be put on the employers that if you hire and "illegal" you will be fined and or worse.

PASS A NATIONAL REFERENDUM

Undocumented persons who are serving a legally mandated term of confinement shall be held in confinement from the last day of the mandated service until they can be removed by the INS or Border Patrol to their country of origin. Restitution or daily jail pay shall be denied to undocumented persons.

Undocumented persons who have sought emergency or non-emergency medical services shall be held in confinement until discharged by an INS appointed physician and immediately returned to the country of their origin.

Individuals entering into the United States of America without proper INS documentation shall be denied U.S. citizenship to their persons and their offspring without exception.

Employers that hire an undocumented worker shall be fined $1000.00 per day for each day of employment served by the undocumented worker. The fine shall be mandated on a per incident basis. - - Which means that a person employing 5 illegals for 10 days would have to pay a fine of $1000.00 per day per Illegal times the period they were employed. 5*10*1000=$50,000.00 in fines.

Imagine what could be made from busting all the house servants in Beverly Hills, CA!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kessel

We fix it like they did in the old days.

with that kind of thinking its amazing people hate America ...

The King of the mountain is always hated or despised by many just because. One day when America is not the top dog, then the next country will take that position as hated and despised. Then we Americans will have the last laugh, or maybe we'll have more dignity than that and just feel pity.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Hire the mexicans to guard the boarder. Pay them extra for catching middle easterners. Game over.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I would allow open immigration, if you want to come here you can - legally. But I would close and beef up military presence on the borders to thwart illegal immigration. I would create temporary worker visa's for low wage Mexicans to come and work here. You can come here if you want to, just do it legally. Closing the border would cut down on terrorists from making border crossings as well.

Immigration has, and always will be, a good thing for America.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
We should put a wall up. Like over-seas. For real, we should a 20 foot wall, like whats on inner-states, by houses,. Have a camra every mile or so. Like we have in our citys. One way in, one way out. Period, then if we still have a problem, someone isnt doing there job.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson

Originally posted by elevatedone ... punish those who help compound the problem ... emphasis needs to be put on the employers that if you hire and "illegal" you will be fined and or worse.

Employers that hire an undocumented worker shall be fined $1000.00 per day for each day of employment served by the undocumented worker. The fine shall be mandated on a per incident basis. - - Which means that a person employing 5 illegals for 10 days would have to pay a fine of $1000.00 per day per Illegal times the period they were employed. 5*10*1000=$50,000.00 in fines.

Imagine what could be made from busting all the house servants in Beverly Hills, CA!

They already have a law like that, at least in Texas they do...(Although it's VERY poorly enforced) and there's a catch to it also... Employers that KNOWINGLY employ undocumented workers aka illegals. Are supposed to be fined $10,000.00 per person ...
But, they all get out of it by claiming " Well, they had papers, we didn't know they gave us false documents" It's all a bunch of B/S.
It's all a matter of proving that the Employer had prior knowledge,
which is damn near impossible to do.. They're not going to openly admit it , and it's highly unlikely that someone actually wrote anything down...

[edit on 14-10-2004 by thethrall_nb]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I admiit I am a simple minded person and have a simple solution.

We have the "National Guard", you know the people who are supposed to guard our nation, guard the borders. It is-statement of fact- the responsibility of the federal Government to maintain our national borders integraty.
We should have them guarding our nation, not fighting a war in Iraq.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I admiit I am a simple minded person and have a simple solution.

We have the "National Guard", you know the people who are supposed to guard our nation, guard the borders. It is-statement of fact- the responsibility of the federal Government to maintain our national borders integraty.
We should have them guarding our nation, not fighting a war in Iraq.

yeah, "national guard". but, they never said which nation now did they?

or maybe by national guard they mean: 'guard every nation except ours'...

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The salutation, is to put pressure on Fox, to clean up the corruption in Mexico. And support manufacturing and commerce. I think GW's work card is a short time fix untill we help them industrialise there nation. When there's work in Mexico. Why come here. The funny thing is. If this could be done. There boarder to the south will be the problem

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by snagltooth
...untill we help them industrialise there nation...

why is it always left to the US to 'help' bail out these other countries???

we've got enough of our own problems to worry about...

don't get me wrong i'm all for 'helping the little guy' but come on, how far is too far???

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

let's say the decision would be to seal the border... how would you do that ?

You get all of the people that are on welfare in the border states and you put them to work building a large brick wall. You put lookout towers on the wall every mile or so.

I do not agree with the shoot to kill way of dealing with the border. I think we can find a 'kind' way to keep illegals from crossing the borders.

Hire the mexicans to guard the boarder. Pay them extra for catching middle easterners. Game over.

That is a very good idea, but only AFTER we build the wall. I wouldn't trust the Mexican guards to guard the border without a barrier wall because I have heard too many stories of how easily bribed Mexican police are.

Jemison

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join