It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not usually me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well Folks,

I have finally experienced something which has been associated with with sleep paralysis, however I'm not the paralyzed type, and never have been.

2 times over the last week, I have been woken up at about 10:30AM exactly, by someone calling my name. It sounds distant like someone calling my name from downstairs in my house or down the hall in another room with a door closed. What strikes me as odd, is that my name was first called using my Nickname, which is Matt. The second time, it was called using my full name which is Matthew.

It was in a feminine voice, and the only spooky type explanation is the recent passing of my young aunt of 47. She was found in her room which is down the hall from mine. Also my Great Uncle passed away this year, and his room was across from mine. He passed at his daughter's house, which is the house I grew up in till the age of 10. That house is across town from where I am.

One other thing which weighs on my mind, is there are 2 more relatives who are getting progessively sicker, and are old.

Any thoughts would be appreciated,

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Hi....

Well, as for whom or what it is that is trying to 'contact' you, I have no-idea, but despite the apparent similarity with symptoms of sleep-paralysis, I would certainly not jump to conclusions, especially as you don't consider yourself to be sufferer. Also, without wanting to repeat myself, I hate that a lot of people (I'm not talking about you here!), invalidate a strange experience just because there is a possible scientific explanation for it. I mean, us as humans seem to need that security and also, we often seem to deny the fact that we are totally ignorant in huge areas of knowledge. Personally, I think that there is literally infinite amounts to learn and experience..the never ending ladder or whatever..

Anyhow, am getting off topic. Does 10.30am mean anything to you that you can think of? Birthdays, dates of deaths etc Try adding the numbers and messing around with them. It could just be that whatever is trying to make contact with you is using time to make you pay more attention than you perhaps normally would? Who knows - anyhow, that's my 2 pennies worth..

eye34

[edit on 14-10-2004 by eye34]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
ADHDsux4me, I don't know of any cases of those who've passed away harming the living, especially relatives. It sounds like intuition is telling you that it's a relative. Does the voice sound familiar? What do you feel when you hear it? Do you think it could be something else?

In any case, there's a world of the living that could use your help more.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
As far as I know, there are times, or situations of signifigance assoicated with the the recent events. Possibly just, the 2 sick relatives, and the recent passing on of 2 loved ones.

As far as helping the living, I really don't think I'm qualified to do that. I don't have any phenomenonal gifts or anything like that. Just this is the first instance where I can recall being awakend by a distant voice, while no-one is home except for me.

I've been alone in the house for near a week. I'm not frightened or anything, and I don't feel it's my mind playing tricks on me. Usually I'm not prone to hearing people call my name, cept for my grandmother occasionally waking me when she's here. The voice doesn't sound like hers. She sounds like a shrill old lady, lol. This voice sounds younger, not child young, but an indeterminate mid range of age.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   
My mom admitted that she used to mentally call my name when
in my traveling years she hadn't heard from me in awhile (several
times I heard her voice calling my name in a commanding voice,
although I was across the country). I think telepathic bonds are
real, especially with children and their parents, close kinships and
lovers, friends.

I get dreams about distant friends and relatives about them having
problems, and when I contact them, I find out something major has
happened to upset them. I drempt last year a friend was crying
profusely and wrote her, and she then called to tell me her mom
had died the day before I had the dream.

As far as being awakened to hear your name being called,
it could be an attempt by someone living or dead who is trying to
contact you.

As a Catholic we believe in praying for souls of those who have died
and are in Purgatory. Perhaps your deceased aunt and uncle
need your prayers, and they could be calling you for that reason.
And perhaps your sickly relatives are also mentally asking for your prayers.

The fact that you are being wakened at the same time seems to me
to be a definate signal that somebody is trying to get your attention,
and because they know your names, it is probably somebody who
you know.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Thank you for your insight folks. It hasn't happened in a couple of days. I'm not particularly religious per-say, yet I would think I'm fairly spiritual. A week does not go by without me talking to "God" whatever it is. I'm guessing it and I have a good relationship. Aside from being an imperfect mortal, I do try my best to live by good wholesome universal laws.

Perhaps, if I hear the voice again I may be able to identify it more clearly. It certainly sounds feminine. I just can't quite place it, yet.

I lean towards life after death, though I'm not certain for sure. I would be comforted to know, we just don't cease to be. I rather like me, and I enjoy my experiences. It would be a shame if I ever ceased getting to experience the world around me. Geez, I hope there is pens and paper in the afterlife, I probably still would want to write if I had my mental faculties.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
this is common upon falling into or waking from sleep...many have experienced their name being called. Ive experienced it myself. I have also heard my name while my mother was "mentally" calling. So there may be more to this than sleep type hallucination. hmmmm

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
My Grandmother passed away this morning...

I'm beginning to think that what I had heard was my Aunt calling my name from the otherside. She was probably trying to get my attention to be vigiliant about my grandmother's health.

This marks 3 family deaths in 6 months, and all 3 lived in this house in which I am now alone in.

In fact as we speak, I am overwhelmed with a feeling of something more, an unmistakeable feeling of presence.

The services are on Sunday and Monday. The family has had too much loss in one year. If there is any truth to death comes in 3's, I think this is it.

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
ADHD, I'm sorry to hear of your Grandmothers passing.

Consider yourself cyber-hugged ((((((((((ADHD))))))))).

Jemison

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Condolences, ADHDsux4me. I can agree that this has been a rough year. My best to you & your family as you work through this.

-Spectre

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Is where you are almost asleep (or almost awake) and your body responds to stimuli from the brain. It happens most when you are overly tired or stressed.

Basically, when you are in deeper levels of sleep, your brain disconnects your reflexes from the mind, so that you don't dream of a banquet and swallow your pillow! This is the source of "sleep paralysis."

I used to have this in a repeating 'vision,' where I was playing baseball and up at bat. The person would throw a ball, and I would leap out of the way to dodge it. My body would leap in my sleep to avoid the imagined ball, and I would fall out of bed!

Not to denigrate the possibility of the paranormal, but even the "normal" fringe states of consciousness can be pretty amazing.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
Thank you for your insight folks. It hasn't happened in a couple of days. I'm not particularly religious per-say, yet I would think I'm fairly spiritual. A week does not go by without me talking to "God" whatever it is. I'm guessing it and I have a good relationship. Aside from being an imperfect mortal, I do try my best to live by good wholesome universal laws.

Perhaps, if I hear the voice again I may be able to identify it more clearly. It certainly sounds feminine. I just can't quite place it, yet.

I lean towards life after death, though I'm not certain for sure. I would be comforted to know, we just don't cease to be. I rather like me, and I enjoy my experiences. It would be a shame if I ever ceased getting to experience the world around me. Geez, I hope there is pens and paper in the afterlife, I probably still would want to write if I had my mental faculties.

-ADHDsux4me

In your talk with God, ask him about the afterlife. He may not sit down next to you and tell you everything, but I'm sure you'll get the answer through other discoveries. I'd recommend starting with the New Testament. It talks a good deal about getting there.

The voice? Well, I'm not sure but I'd keep listening.

As far as helping the living, I'd say listen when someone needs you to, share experiences, and answer questions the best you can. God can give you some direction here too. I'd most recently done this and can I tell you? It's been one heck of a ride!

You'll get there, just keep going

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
My Grandmother passed away this morning...

I'm beginning to think that what I had heard was my Aunt calling my name from the otherside. She was probably trying to get my attention to be vigiliant about my grandmother's health.
-ADHDsux4me

Sorry to hear...
From your initial post, it did sound like someone was trying to get your attention away from the physical world for a moment so it could be.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hmm last 2 days...

Yesterday, I woke up from a nap to hear another female voice call my name as if it were from another room. Today I heard a male voice call my full first name. I can't really tell who the male voice was, but it sounded familiar.

It has happened to me 1 or 2 more times in the last weeks, but with all of the funeral crap and keeping odd hours I haven't maybe noticed.

It's just plain weird,

-ADHDsux4me

new topics

top topics

join