It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

All of the Hot Air fell out of Obamas Speech: Unemployment Rate 8.1% ...96,000 Jobs Added?

page: 5
15
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Yeah, things are not as rosy as our benevolent leader would like us to believe. The speech was not as impressive as it is being billed, and is just beating the dead horse that was the rally cry from the first campaign. Things are just not that good, and if it were a Republican President they would be experiencing the same criticism that the current President is under.

The debates are going to be a slugfest. That is what I am waiting for. Hopefully, there are a lot of fireworks displayed? I am sorry, but the President needs to be grounded in reality. My hope is that it will be the case during his exchanges with Romney. Anyway, the DNC and the RNC is nothing more than cheerleading functions. Each candidate uses the experience to give themselves' pats on the back. Bring on the debates like yesterday!
edit on 7-9-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)




posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 

%8.1 percent HA! What about self employed and small bushiness? In my state in reality it is like %20!
OH! They don't count the people that no lounger get underemployment insurance.




posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
When the MSM doesn't even try to cover it up, it must be bad:
AP "Fact Checks" Obama, Biden; Finds Fault with Speech Claims

Is it too late for SouthernGuardian, et al to salvage a failed presidency?

jw
edit on 7-9-2012 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
When the MSM doesn't even try to cover it up, it must be bad:
AP "Fact Checks" Obama, Biden; Finds Fault with Speech Claims

Is it too late for SouthernGuardian, et al to salvage a failed presidency?

jw
edit on 7-9-2012 by jdub297 because: (no reason given)
Interesting thing about the member of which you speak. Seems to be staying away from the Obama speech/DNC threads.

Hmmm.



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


We may have been right, but I'm taking no joy out of it. Way too many people are hurting right now.

Maybe it'll get better with what is almost certainly to be Romney in the Oval Office... But I doubt it. Something of a fundamental nature needs to change in America.

The apathy of the general population needs to change.

But then I've said that any number of times, haven't I?



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap
Maybe if your obstructionist heroes in congress didn't block the jobs insourcing bill then we might have better jobs numbers? I'm not stupid. I know the truth.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

Generally lame comment removed by me...
sorry;
"trying to self police"

edit on 7-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
And the fools keep right on com'in.....

YouTube

Watch all the numbskulls applauding as the new jobs report is "announced".....
(of course they have jobs)

"Joe Scarborough Makes A Fool Of Himself: Jobs Report "Good News For The President" "



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by Fromabove
When I saw what was supposed to be the magic man perform on stage last night I was amazed to say the least. What I saw was a hollow man of himself, empty with only bitter hatred against the rich and American ideals. I said to myself, " could it be true ? "

I looked to Michelle, the smile was gone and anger hid beneath the faded smile. Joe Biden's wife also looked the same. The crowd looked disappointing, and as if to haunt and taunt him, an old faded Obama poster that read "hope" dropped from the upper deck as if to mock him openly.

Then I said, " I smell Romney in the air ." I smell a change in the wind, a fresh and new wind. I can feel it coming, a real and substantial change is in the air. It's real, and I love it.


Obama had a good run but it's over. - 2 months to go -

BTW, the presidential debates will be a disaster for Obama.


Yes I think Romney will have a lot of amunition during debates, for the pure fact that Gobombanation has been there for four years, like what has he done in four years.

Still a dog and pony show.



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Obama had his 4 years.....hes useless...all done....bye bye....hello Romney!!!!


edit on 7-9-2012 by lithographyman because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yup...
2008 = CHANGE
2012 = NEXT

Originally posted by lithographyman
Obama had his 4 years.....hes useless...all done....bye bye....hello Romney!!!!


edit on 7-9-2012 by lithographyman because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Anyone bothered to check WHY 300,000 citizens dropped out of the workforce, before making the hew and cries here?

Many reasons and not just 'giving up and living on welfare' alone. That welfare money is not alot nor last forever.

Ever thought that with a population of 300 million, there might be other causes for dropping out of workforce - such as getting married and becoming home-caretaker, retirement, sick, becoming self-employed, overseas employment, etc?

Deny ignorance please, not perpertrate it here on ATS.
edit on 7-9-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)


So now you can show me where 300,000 people dropping out of the workforce is common. Here are the facts, only 250,000 people enter the work force each month. So you are saying more people leaving the workforce than entering it is normal? Here's a hint. When unemployment benefits run out you drop out of the workforce and no longer count towards unemployment rates. That is what happened.



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Some of you may notice something a little odd.

If we need about 150,000 jobs every month just to keep up with population growth,

they why did the unemployment rate fall from 8.3% down to 8.1% ???

We only created 96,000 jobs.

-----------

The reason for the drop is because 368,000 Americans gave up and dropped out of the

workforce. Bloomberg has a good article here.

368,000 Americans Drop Out of Workforce

The timing could not be worse for Obama.

He gave his big empty speech last night and then gets clobbered by this job report.

--------------
Clint Eastwood warned us earlier. 23 Million Americans are unemployed and that is

a disgrace.




edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)


You seem like a real "glass half empty" sort of guy. If there are new jobs each month then that sounds pretty good to me. And it seems to be trending now that every month more and more people are in work. This is all an observation from outside the USA so really, I have no real allegance(sp?). Guess you must want everything to be rosey straight away. (You know, one of those "I want it now" Verukas). After what GW Bungle ... oops GW Bush left him, I reckon he's doing a pretty good job



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Stupid 0bservation! More and More people have given up on looking for work.

Originally posted by steve1709

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Some of you may notice something a little odd.

If we need about 150,000 jobs every month just to keep up with population growth,

they why did the unemployment rate fall from 8.3% down to 8.1% ???

We only created 96,000 jobs.

-----------

The reason for the drop is because 368,000 Americans gave up and dropped out of the

workforce. Bloomberg has a good article here.

368,000 Americans Drop Out of Workforce

The timing could not be worse for Obama.

He gave his big empty speech last night and then gets clobbered by this job report.

--------------
Clint Eastwood warned us earlier. 23 Million Americans are unemployed and that is

a disgrace.




edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)


You seem like a real "glass half empty" sort of guy. If there are new jobs each month then that sounds pretty good to me. And it seems to be trending now that every month more and more people are in work. This is all an observation from outside the USA so really, I have no real allegance(sp?). Guess you must want everything to be rosey straight away. (You know, one of those "I want it now" Verukas). After what GW Bungle ... oops GW Bush left him, I reckon he's doing a pretty good job



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve1709

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Some of you may notice something a little odd.

If we need about 150,000 jobs every month just to keep up with population growth,

they why did the unemployment rate fall from 8.3% down to 8.1% ???

We only created 96,000 jobs.

-----------

The reason for the drop is because 368,000 Americans gave up and dropped out of the

workforce. Bloomberg has a good article here.

368,000 Americans Drop Out of Workforce

The timing could not be worse for Obama.

He gave his big empty speech last night and then gets clobbered by this job report.

--------------
Clint Eastwood warned us earlier. 23 Million Americans are unemployed and that is

a disgrace.




edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)


You seem like a real "glass half empty" sort of guy. If there are new jobs each month then that sounds pretty good to me. And it seems to be trending now that every month more and more people are in work. This is all an observation from outside the USA so really, I have no real allegance(sp?). Guess you must want everything to be rosey straight away. (You know, one of those "I want it now" Verukas). After what GW Bungle ... oops GW Bush left him, I reckon he's doing a pretty good job


You display a huge lack of understanding. The report shows 96,000 new jobs. That means 500,000 less Americans are working. That's not half empty, that's more like 75% empty.



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by beezzer
 


We may have been right, but I'm taking no joy out of it. Way too many people are hurting right now.

Maybe it'll get better with what is almost certainly to be Romney in the Oval Office... But I doubt it. Something of a fundamental nature needs to change in America.

The apathy of the general population needs to change.

But then I've said that any number of times, haven't I?


Apathy goes away when it effects the general population. - Price of gas -

- No Good Jobs for our college grads - Moving back in with Mom & Dad




Obama wants the price of gas low only during an election year.



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
And the fools keep right on com'in.....

YouTube

Watch all the numbskulls applauding as the new jobs report is "announced".....
(of course they have jobs)

"Joe Scarborough Makes A Fool Of Himself: Jobs Report "Good News For The President" "




Ladies and gentlemen, this is exhibit A why Jay Leno took a 50% pay cut.

NBC is losing money because of fools like this on NBC. The Chris Matthews

meltdowns are not helping NBC either. Comcast needs to make more changes.

The current formula isn't working at NBC or MSNBC.



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
And the fools keep right on com'in.....

YouTube

Watch all the numbskulls applauding as the new jobs report is "announced".....
(of course they have jobs)

"Joe Scarborough Makes A Fool Of Himself: Jobs Report "Good News For The President" "




The problem is a large portion of the American population do not care to educate themselves, they do not understand the birth/death model. They just watch TV, and when they say 96,000 jobs added they think the economy is getting better. This is why I consider them sheep, they will just blindly follow whatever baloney numbers the government throws at them.



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
LOL. It reminds of CALIFORNIA. EVERYONE THERE VOTES (D) ALL THE WAY DOWN THE BALLOT, BECAUSE EVERY DAMN GOVERNMENT PROGRAM HAS TO GOOD AND IT'S FREE. And now they are sinking in an OCEAN OF RED INK. LOL
reply to post by MidnightTide
 



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
LOL. It reminds of CALIFORNIA. EVERYONE THERE VOTES (D) ALL THE WAY DOWN THE BALLOT, BECAUSE EVERY DAMN GOVERNMENT PROGRAM HAS TO GOOD AND IT'S FREE. And now they are sinking in an OCEAN OF RED INK. LOL
reply to post by MidnightTide
 




At first i thought it was a joke but the socialists in California really are trying to turn

California into Greece.


Gov. Jerry Brown reminds me of that Captain on the Titanic.

The ship was going down, the water was pressing against the windows and he was

just standing there waiting for the inevitable.

It's a mess.



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Do you guys realize that when Obama took office the USA was about to FAIL completely due to trickle down give the rich tax breaks for 8 straight years? What Obama has done is keep America from failing competely. I cannot say I am happy with Obama but to go back to GOP economic policies will destroy America completely. Obama is the lesser of two evils. Let us also not forget the the nutso fringe "Tea Party" representatives completely hijacked the House of representatives and completely refused to compromise at all for any purpose at your expense.

Sentate rupublicans stated loudly that their main agenda was to make Obama fail which means make America fail while he is in office. You really want to let those people drive our nation off the cliff? If you make less than 250k year and you think GOP is your party you REALLY need to educate yourself on facts and not keep eating the sheep food from people like Hannity and Limbaugh.

Obama great? not so much. Romney? heck no we do want to keep our Country to survive don't we? Obama is the lesser of two evils for now we got no other alternatives. Obama will at least keep us from driving off the cliff. Romney will hit the accelerator.




top topics



 
15
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join