It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All of the Hot Air fell out of Obamas Speech: Unemployment Rate 8.1% ...96,000 Jobs Added?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
4 years ago, we were all saying that a community oprganiser, a junior senator, a man who never has never run a business, would be a bad president.

We were called racists, race-traitors, haters, extremists.

I am enjoying being right, but it is tempered with the fact that the country had to come to near ruin in order for us to be right.

The Obama speech fell flat but the movie 2016 - Obama's America has grossed $22 Million!

The American people are thirsty for the truth about Obama.

- Box Office Mojo : 2016 - Obama's America -

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The GSA NEEDS to be downsized...by like 75%!

What once was basically a goverment logistics company has grown into a monster, all through cronyism and corruption.

I'm sure if the GSA was eliminated, Grainger would step right up, hell, the GSA already buys from Grainger anyways. And Office Max, Staples, Lowes, Home Depot, etc, etc, etc...

We need to boil that agency down to people that do only three things. Approve or disappove a purchase, track the money and track the purchase. OPM can handle the HR issues.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

The GSA NEEDS to be downsized...by like 75%!

What once was basically a goverment logistics company has grown into a monster, all through cronyism and corruption.

I'm sure if the GSA was eliminated, Grainger would step right up, hell, the GSA already buys from Grainger anyways. And Office Max, Staples, Lowes, Home Depot, etc, etc, etc...

We need to boil that agency down to people that do only three things. Approve or disappove a purchase, track the money and track the purchase. OPM can handle the HR issues.

Lets downsize it 90%.

Here's Neely taking to his lawyer. I wonder what's he saying to him?

Solyndra is also an Obama mess. It was the cornerstone of his green agenda.

- Bankruptcy - $530 million flushed down the toilet

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

If these agencies were eliminated or downsized, then the private sector will step up and jobs will be created. Some small businesses may even become a mega corporation, employing even more.

See here lies the problem. It is easy to say that the "private sector" will create more jobs if taxes are low and they have more money.

The problem is, as we are experiencing right now, is that the private sector, corporations and banks have billions if not trillions of dollars to spend and yet they are cutting jobs. Why is that?

Well that's because people do not have the disposable income they used to. They are not spending and demand is at an all time low. Business' can have all the money in the world but they will not hire unless market demand makes it a wise business decision to hire.

That is economics 101.

Trickle-down economics have never worked and to base government policy on the hopes the money will trickle-down is a recipe for disaster! But let's be honest here. This entire premise is one that says: We need to take tax money that the middle class paid and instead of giving it back to them in the form of assistance programs, let's give it to big business and hope they create a few jobs.

Can you seen the insanity in that?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

But businesses are sitting on their money right now. The see a enviroment that is not conductive to them. I can't blame them at all for that type of reasoning.

And for a business to hire, that means that they have to be making a product that people want. Hence...profit.

And while we are at it, would you let money just sit around or invest it while you are waiting?

Yes, it is a insane world in which we are living in...or maybe slightly insane.

Common sense has taken a seat on the sidelines.
edit on 7-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I wouldn't exactly call myself an Obama supporter at this point but surely you realize the data your posting only shows you the trickle down of Bush's policies and steady but slow resolution of Obama's....I mean the unemployment and deficit looked worse at the beginning of his presidency then at the end. Why do you suppose that is? Could it be perhaps that it took a moment or in this case a couple years to change the things done by Bush to reverse the trend. Obama never promised short term solutions....He promised long term solutions and from what I can tell from those charts, he's done exactly what he said about those promises, with the exception that they aren't making changes quite as fast as he predicted. Of course I'm making these statement solely based on you're charts and what I know about policy trickle down but you get my point.

Either way I'm against Obama, but that has more to do with his sh!tty Obamacare then his economic policies.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

But businesses are sitting on their money right now. The see a enviroment that is not conductive to them.

They do have the money already, I agree. But if we give them more are they gonna hire? NO!

If a business has tons of extra cash but has the current workforce to meet demand, it would be insane to hire more people. That's common business practice.

But if demand is high and they need more people to meet that demand....they will hire. So why give the business' more money to sit on when you could give it to people that could not only use it to better their living condition, but also help drive up demand for the products business' supply?

That will create jobs.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

A "Slow but Steady, wins the race" argument? Good on you for pointing that out.

But Americans don't want a slow but steady fix.

They want it now.

You and me and many others know this will not happen however. But a bit faster progress would probably salve the wound most Americans feel.

It took FDR four administrations to fix Americas problems, yet it took Reagan two years upon election to do so as well later in history. The numbers don't lie.

But they were a HARD two years.

Myself?, I'd rather make the tough choice over the politically correct choice.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

It took FDR four administrations to fix Americas problems, yet it took Reagan two years upon election to do so as well later in history. The numbers don't lie.

FDR also defeated the NAZI and the US amassed the largest DEBT to GDP in it's history.

Reagan also nearly doubled the national debt and spent more money than all the combined presidencies
before him. That is like Bush and Obama combined

Numbers don't lie,

spin does though.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by xuenchen

I wouldn't exactly call myself an Obama supporter at this point but surely you realize the data your posting only shows you the trickle down of Bush's policies and steady but slow resolution of Obama's....I mean the unemployment and deficit looked worse at the beginning of his presidency then at the end. Why do you suppose that is? Could it be perhaps that it took a moment or in this case a couple years to change the things done by Bush to reverse the trend. Obama never promised short term solutions....He promised long term solutions and from what I can tell from those charts, he's done exactly what he said about those promises, with the exception that they aren't making changes quite as fast as he predicted. Of course I'm making these statement solely based on you're charts and what I know about policy trickle down but you get my point.

Either way I'm against Obama, but that has more to do with his sh!tty Obamacare then his economic policies.

This is the data average Americans look at.

- The price of gas

- The economy stuck in stagnation

- $16 Trillion National Debt made a lot worse during Obamas 4 year term

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

But businesses are sitting on their money right now. The see a enviroment that is not conductive to them. I can't blame them at all for that type of reasoning.

And for a business to hire, that means that they have to be making a product that people want. Hence...profit.

And while we are at it, would you let money just sit around or invest it while you are waiting?

Yes, it is a insane world in which we are living in...or maybe slightly insane.

Common sense has taken a seat on the sidelines.

It's hard to make a business plan with so many uncertainties out there.

Everything will become clear and certain when ObamaCare is repealed.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It's hard to make a business plan with so many uncertainties out there. Everything will become clear and certain when ObamaCare is repealed.

The uncertainty argument is pure propaganda.

I work for a family business and they are staunch Republicans. They are worried about Obamacare and are very reluctant to hire.

Yet last month they hired over 20 new people just so that they could meet growing demand at our facilities.

If demand is high, that uncertainty crap is exposed as the nonsense it is.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Tech changes and with it so does the cost of revamping the manufacturing process, that takes money as does expanding the company through new facilities.

Another example if I may?

I work part time for a local logistics company. They pay me roughly $400.00 a week after taxes. And I am at the lowest level of the workforce there…a dockworker. Non-Union BTW.

Could they improve? Sure, but that would cost money which would take away from their profit sharing. This company provides just the basic tools to get the job done, nothing more, nothing less.

Sure, it’s annoying, knowing that this company can improve their operations…but truth be told, they don’t really need to. They are making a profit and expanding as well. They’re very competitive in their business model.

That is the route I think that the Government needs to take.

Make do with what you have, and when you can afford it, expand. But only when you can afford it. when you start to take hits…downsize.

We cannot as taxpayers afford the current size of Government anymore. It's basic math. The sooner people wake up to that, the better off we'll be.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

AH-HA! Touche!

But he did revitalize the economy in two years time.

It took FDR a World War, which always revitalizes a economy, and 16 years.

Reagan did it without a war...in two years.

I believe in the phrase that slow and steady wins the race...but most Americans don't have the patience.

And hasn't Obama added more debt than ALL the Presidents combined?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I agree. We should look to have a government that is lean, mean and only does exactly what it's supposed to do.

There are many places we can cut the fat but I am not willing to say that we have to start with social programs first. We have a moral obligation to help those in need and if charity and church cannot take care of it...well I am not opposed to helping them out with my tax dollars.

I may need it someday, as may you. It would be a shame to throw people under the bus when it may be us next time getting pushed into traffic.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

It's hard to make a business plan with so many uncertainties out there. Everything will become clear and certain when ObamaCare is repealed.

The uncertainty argument is pure propaganda.

I work for a family business and they are staunch Republicans. They are worried about Obamacare and are very reluctant to hire.

Yet last month they hired over 20 new people just so that they could meet growing demand at our facilities.

If demand is high, that uncertainty crap is exposed as the nonsense it is.

I think they found a loophole.

If you hire part time workers, then the ObamaCare burden goes away.

---------
Anyway, President Mitt Romney says he will issue 320 Million waivers to all of us.

Then ObamaCare will apply to none of us.

- Repeal & Replace ObamaCare -

Fire the 15 member Death Panel elitists in Washington DC.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I agree. We should look to have a government that is lean, mean and only does exactly what it's supposed to do.

There are many places we can cut the fat but I am not willing to say that we have to start with social programs first. We have a moral obligation to help those in need and if charity and church cannot take care of it...well I am not opposed to helping them out with my tax dollars.

I may need it someday, as may you. It would be a shame to throw people under the bus when it may be us next time getting pushed into traffic.

Fire the TSA and replace them with a private security firm.

They already have one at the San Francisco Airport.

- Covenant Airport Security -

They are doing a great job! President Mitt Romney will give them a phone call and

give them the great news. Get ready to expand to all 50 states !

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I try to engage in civil discourse with you Eurisko. I really do. But repeating the same talking points and soundbites do not get us anywhere.

You need to address the specific points I made or you need to find someone else that will find your irrelevant responses fascinating.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I did not realize that his speech had any hot air to begin with? Personally, I tried to hear him out, but it started to sound like that same old rehashed rerun that we have heard before. No round of applause or head nods by me. I am actually dumbfounded by all the cheers and loud echoes of jubilation by the peanut gallery. Guess I am not living on their planet?

I digress! The unemployment figures should be no surprise to anyone on here. The economy is in the toilet, government spending continues to soar, and the private sector has pretty much given up on the President regarding his policies. There has been numerious occasions after the President made a speech and the markets going into freefall. I think the private sector is hoarding their ducets out of fear about what is the come if the President is re-elected? Therefore, we are seeing what looks like a fairly obvious freeze on new hires. That number leaving the workforce is appalling. 368,000! That does not seem too promising to me. What is my opinion worth anyway?
edit on 7-9-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakes51
I did not realize that his speech had any hot air to begin with? Personally, I tried to hear him out, but it started to sound like that same old rehashed rerun that we have heard before. No round of applause or head nods by me. I am actually dumbfounded by all the cheers and loud echoes of jubilation by the peanut gallery. Guess I am not living on their planet?

I digress! The unemployment figures should be no surprise to anyone on here. The economy is in the toilet, government spending continues to soar, and the private sector has pretty much given up on the President regarding his policies. There has been numerious occasions after the President made a speech and the markets going into freefall. I think the private sector is hoarding their ducets out of fear about what is the come if the President is re-elected? Therefore, we are seeing what looks like a fairly obvious freeze on new hires. That number leaving the workforce is appalling. 368,000! That does not seem too promising to me. What is my opinion worth anyway?
edit on 7-9-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

The 368,000 is a disgrace.

They couldn't spin it on CNBC this morning.

I feel terrible for the college grads burdened with student loans and no good paying jobs.

------------
Peggy Noonan didn't like the Obama Speech either.

She also had a few words regarding Sandra Fluke.

- WSJ - Peggy Noonan

----------
Now Clint Eastwood is going on the attack...........again!

"Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people."

The gloves are off.

Well done Clint !

edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join