All of the Hot Air fell out of Obamas Speech: Unemployment Rate 8.1% ...96,000 Jobs Added?

page: 3
15
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Experts on ALL 3 networks : Fox News : MSNBC : CNN say we are in stagnation.

Let me guess. They are all lying and you are telling the truth.


Are you so simple-minded or just plain wilfully determined to perpertrate ignorances here?

Those 3 network so called 'experts' - who died and made them the KING of ECONOMICS? Are you aware that there are thousands more other qualified 'experts' whom will disagree with what was said by these so called 'experts'?

They are only expressing their subjective opinions, based upon a quick look on whatever data or statistics availiable, without a thorough study on the issue. And I assure you, they will be the first to flip flop when the true data suggests otherwise. If economists are perfect, we would not have been in this financial mess for years worldwide in the first place.

My suggestiong to you is this:-

I respect your freedom of speech, and even can understand your hatred for Obama, BUT PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT SCREW WITH THE ECONOMY!

Full recovery isnt gonna happen over night. It will take time, and would have been faster if the opposition had not been so obtused and stubborn, adding riders to nullify any legislation passed to help the economy just to save their own party and NOT the american people.

The opposition's economic plan is HORRIFYING! It doesnt need an expert to point it out, because what they aim to do - austerity, tax breaks for the rich, privatising profits, while the disappearing middle classes and poor made to subsidise debts, had been tried before, ans was what got us all into this mess. EU and espacially 26% unemployment and highly indebted Spain today are the references you can relate to, to what will happen if the opposition wins, or had won the last election

Please do not let your hatred of the current administration or loyalty to the opposition party destroy your good sense and wreck the slow but gradually growing economy. The american people had suffered enough. It could and would have been a lot worse, and if the opposition wins - wealth, jobs and talent willl leave USA, as is what is happening in EU and other failed states today.

Wake up and get real please




posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
But the Obama economic recovery is the S-L-O-W-E-S-T in history.

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Experts on ALL 3 networks : Fox News : MSNBC : CNN say we are in stagnation.

Let me guess. They are all lying and you are telling the truth.


Are you so simple-minded or just plain wilfully determined to perpertrate ignorances here?

Those 3 network so called 'experts' - who died and made them the KING of ECONOMICS? Are you aware that there are thousands more other qualified 'experts' whom will disagree with what was said by these so called 'experts'?

They are only expressing their subjective opinions, based upon a quick look on whatever data or statistics availiable, without a thorough study on the issue. And I assure you, they will be the first to flip flop when the true data suggests otherwise. If economists are perfect, we would not have been in this financial mess for years worldwide in the first place.

My suggestiong to you is this:-

I respect your freedom of speech, and even can understand your hatred for Obama, BUT PLEASE, PLEASE, DO NOT SCREW WITH THE ECONOMY!

Full recovery isnt gonna happen over night. It will take time, and would have been faster if the opposition had not been so obtused and stubborn, adding riders to nullify any legislation passed to help the economy just to save their own party and NOT the american people.

The opposition's economic plan is HORRIFYING! It doesnt need an expert to point it out, because what they aim to do - austerity, tax breaks for the rich, privatising profits, while the disappearing middle classes and poor made to subsidise debts, had been tried before, ans was what got us all into this mess. EU and espacially 26% unemployment and highly indebted Spain today are the references you can relate to, to what will happen if the opposition wins, or had won the last election

Please do not let your hatred of the current administration or loyalty to the opposition party destroy your good sense and wreck the slow but gradually growing economy. The american people had suffered enough. It could and would have been a lot worse, and if the opposition wins - wealth, jobs and talent willl leave USA, as is what is happening in EU and other failed states today.

Wake up and get real please



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
"The reason for the drop is because 368,000 American gave up and dropped out of the workforce"
-That is the TRUE REALITY of things-


Wow! Peggy Noonan blasted Obama.

- Obama's speech was stale and empty. -

She went on to sum up the Sandra Fluke speech as well.

- Sandra Fluke is a ninny, a narcissist and a fool. -

WSJ - Peggy Noonan
edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
When will people get it? It's not what the government can make of you. It's what you can make of yourself.
-SELF RELIANCE-



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR
 


The Obama economic recovery is slow because Obama has declared war on

small businesses across America. - unending regulations -

Obama lied by omission. He failed to inform us he intended to wrap a wet blanket

around Free Market Capitalism.

- America tried on a socialist suit and it didn't fit. -



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
When will people get it? It's not what the government can make of you. It's what you can make of yourself.
-SELF RELIANCE-


Self-reliance = Blasphemy

Communism all the way baby!



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
4 years ago, we were all saying that a community oprganiser, a junior senator, a man who never has never run a business, would be a bad president.

We were called racists, race-traitors, haters, extremists.

I am enjoying being right, but it is tempered with the fact that the country had to come to near ruin in order for us to be right.



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't think its as important to link the current president to these numbers, as it is to the Democrat controlled congress that was in charge of all procurement decisions from 2006-2010. Both Bush and Obama should have used the veto pen but neither did. The Republicans had absolute zero power to pass anything from 2006 -2010 so the blame is clear. Congress for laying the spending and laws on the presidents desks then two presidents that are supposed to be the stop-wall that didn't stop it.

With the Democrat senate from 2010 to today, nothing still gets done that helps the US. Not that the Republicans sent anything to the Democrat senate worth passing, never mind Obama to sign.



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Some of you may notice something a little odd.

If we need about 150,000 jobs every month just to keep up with population growth,

they why did the unemployment rate fall from 8.3% down to 8.1% ???

We only created 96,000 jobs.

edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)


At that rate it will take decades to return to pre-2008 employment levels.

But this admin is doing their damndest to get the Unemployment rate below 8%. That way Obama can say he kept one of his promises.

Hmmm, let's see, out of four years in office...unemployment finally reaches the 7% level during the LAST two months of your term?

You Rock Mr. President!



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
Some of you may notice something a little odd.

If we need about 150,000 jobs every month just to keep up with population growth,

they why did the unemployment rate fall from 8.3% down to 8.1% ???

We only created 96,000 jobs.

edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)


At that rate it will take decades to return to pre-2008 employment levels.

But this admin is doing their damndest to get the Unemployment rate below 8%. That way Obama can say he kept one of his promises.

Hmmm, let's see, out of four years in office...unemployment finally reaches the 7% level during the LAST two months of your term?

You Rock Mr. President!


I think they stopped trying this morning.

It's a good guess that Michelle Obama is packing the luggage at the White House.

It's time to go.



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I wonder if anyone even read the link in the OP. It has a lot of information as to why unemployment fell, but also highlighted the fact that it was not just the 380,000 people that dropped off. The numbers should be much worse.

More factory jobs were lost, more auto manufacturing jobs were lost, a lot of people retired and much much more.

Also, Google and other hi-tech jobs are shedding jobs due to low demand.

We gave the rich people the money, why haven't the jobs been created? Oh, that's right. All the money in the world doesn't matter if there is no demand.


I think it's about time we quit playing these dumb games and actually work towards a solution. Going back and forth about which party can screw us more is not getting the job done.
edit on 7-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
I don't think its as important to link the current president to these numbers, as it is to the Democrat controlled congress that was in charge of all procurement decisions from 2006-2010. Both Bush and Obama should have used the veto pen but neither did. The Republicans had absolute zero power to pass anything from 2006 -2010 so the blame is clear. Congress for laying the spending and laws on the presidents desks then two presidents that are supposed to be the stop-wall that didn't stop it.

With the Democrat senate from 2010 to today, nothing still gets done that helps the US. Not that the Republicans sent anything to the Democrat senate worth passing, never mind Obama to sign.


Don't blame Obama? I heard a rumor Obama actually picked up the phone and actively

lobbied US Senators to kill the Keystone Pipeline. Is that true?

The House has passed many bills. They are locked up in Harry Reids desk.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Obama's old crystal ball needs cleaning.

He kept "promising" low unemployment but ...............





And soooo Ironic that the national debt hits the "Sweet 16" during the Democrat convention


Reality is setting in and drying like concrete


Like Bush might be saying right about now:

Miss me yet?



Here is a summary of the Democratic Economic Platform:



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Yes, those are all great charts. The timing is a total disaster.

Obama gives his terrible empty speech and then the very next day he gets

this jobs growth report thrown in everyones face.

------------
The fat lady is singing. - Show me the way to go home.............

I'm tired and i want to go to bed.........and i had a little drink about an hour ago....



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I think it's about time we quit playing these dumb games and actually work towards a solution. Going back and forth about which party can screw us more is not getting the job done.
edit on 7-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)


The problem is that people are afraid of what the solution will require.

Cuts across the board.

15 to 25 % cuts to Military, Welfare, Medicaid, abolishing certain redundant agencies, not to mention HUD, EPA, Education and drastically downsizing the IRS.

People treat these entities like the golden calf.

Maybe its time for some veal?



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
4 years ago, we were all saying that a community oprganiser, a junior senator, a man who never has never run a business, would be a bad president.

We were called racists, race-traitors, haters, extremists.

I am enjoying being right, but it is tempered with the fact that the country had to come to near ruin in order for us to be right.


I see this as a necessary learning opportunity.

Socialism doesn't work.

Adding $5 Trillion to the National Debt in only 4 years was a disgrace.

Our children deserve better than that.



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I think it's about time we quit playing these dumb games and actually work towards a solution. Going back and forth about which party can screw us more is not getting the job done.
edit on 7-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)


The problem is that people are afraid of what the solution will require.

Cuts across the board.

15 to 25 % cuts to Military, Welfare, Medicaid, abolishing certain redundant agencies, not to mention HUD, EPA, Education and drastically downsizing the IRS.

People treat these entities like the golden calf.

Maybe its time for some veal?


I think you meant - sacred cow-.

-----------
I like your - abolishing redundant agencies - idea.

Maybe we should have done that 4 years ago?



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

I think it's about time we quit playing these dumb games and actually work towards a solution. Going back and forth about which party can screw us more is not getting the job done.
edit on 7-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)


The problem is that people are afraid of what the solution will require.

Cuts across the board.

15 to 25 % cuts to Military, Welfare, Medicaid, abolishing certain redundant agencies, not to mention HUD, EPA, Education and drastically downsizing the IRS.

People treat these entities like the golden calf.

Maybe its time for some veal?


If we curbed the out-of-control military-industrial spending, we could pay for the rest with money to spare. Why must we go straight for the programs that help people in need? The reason is purely political.

I'm all about getting government spending under control, but in times like this it is not moral or Christian-like to litteraly take the food out of people's mouths for the sake of political gain.



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247
 


Cutting welfare by 15% will not be taking food out of peoples mouths. It will however make them think about how to spend their foodstamps.

If these agencies were eliminated or downsized, then the private sector will step up and jobs will be created. Some small businesses may even become a mega corporation, employing even more.

The problem with the military is that it keeps spending lavish amounts of money on R&D with very little results in the long run for what is spent.

I'll give you two examples, though there are many.

The U-2 has been around for over 50 years but still does a better job at collecting data than the Global Hawk program.

The Big Dog robotic Mule program has been around for a decade, and only now are they starting to do actual field tests.

I still think that cuts across the board are the answer.

They will make everybody think just a little bit more on how the money is spent.



posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by sheepslayer247
 


Cutting welfare by 15% will not be taking food out of peoples mouths. It will however make them think about how to spend their foodstamps.

If these agencies were eliminated or downsized, then the private sector will step up and jobs will be created. Some small businesses may even become a mega corporation, employing even more.

The problem with the military is that it keeps spending lavish amounts of money on R&D with very little results in the long run for what is spent.

I'll give you two examples, though there are many.

The U-2 has been around for over 50 years but still does a better job at collecting data than the Global Hawk program.

The Big Dog robotic Mule program has been around for a decade, and only now are they starting to do actual field tests.

I still think that cuts across the board are the answer.

They will make everybody think just a little bit more on how the money is spent.


Does this mean the GSA won't get anymore Presidential Suites at the Four Seasons Hotel?

Where is Jeff Neely? Would could ask him.

If we get rid of the EPA that would save us $10 Billion every year!

I heard the US government spends $18 Billion every year on government job training

programs that are full of waste,fraud,abuse and corruption.

Maybe.....just maybe we should shut those down first.

You want an education? Try a community college.






top topics



 
15
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join