It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palisades nuclear plant had another shutdown...hmmmm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Palisades plant is back online as of yesterday, so this is resolved now, but the plant still bothers me. It is not in good repair.I missed this news a couple weeks ago,
www.woodtv.com...

Apparently radioactive steam was leaking out the side of a pipe. It wasn't found immediately, because its not in an accessible place. What else is leaking that they dont know about? More probably, what else is getting ready to leak? They claim it wasnt leaking into the atmosphere. Im going to ignore that, we have a very low natural background radiation in this area and it probably wasnt much radiation.

www.woodtv.com...
A study was performed on the safety culture at the plant. Workers stated they were afraid to tell management about safety issues, also they felt like management didnt care. By the way, the plant is run by a company in louisiana. In my opinion, in the long run, the owners dont care about michigan. They dont live here.

Heres my favorite. Plant reopened yesterday. Still has a leak near the borated water tank, but they think its just rain water. The plants roof leaks. How can you have a roof in poor repair at such an important facility? Maintenance is clearly lacking.

www.woodtv.com...
edit on 7-9-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

join