It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Bible Quotes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I'd like to see what bible quotes you find interesting and why, even would like to see other holy scripture quotes. Here is one I like.
Genesis 3:22
Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever'

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
This ones my favorite?

"Vanity will and always be humanities greatest sin"

Although I don't know if its in the Bible.

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Wasn't the quote you just posted from The Dead Sea Scrolls

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
old testament of the bible... Genesis according to mine :p

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
of not eating from the Tree of Knowledge...

As it clearly shows how the church is saying "do not learn anything for yourself, just accept what we say as truth..." It's as plain as day that this is the meaning, yet most just gloss right on over it...

That and the way that the church simultaneously practices magic rituals (i.e. the Trans-substantiation ritual....eating of the body of Christ, and drinking his blood), while also denouncing magic as satanic...

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
John1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Or to say it in another way: First God was the Word, then he became God after being with God. And when it's all done it starts again for crying out loud! Three words for the Bible thumpers: Movement, Transformation, Fulfillment.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
genesis 19:26,

"But Lots wife looked back and was turned to a pillar of salt"

Sounds to me like she got fried by a nuclear bomb.

Ezekiel 1:24

"I heard the noise their wings made in flight: it sounded like the roar of the sea.."

Well it interests me because he just described a flying machine. and its well composed, poetical.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Matthew 24:29-34
[T]he sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken. ... They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. ... I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.
16:27-28
For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father's glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what he has done. I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Matthew 24:29-34
[T]he sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken. ... They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. ... I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

It might be that some big comet will pass near earth and pull it away from course with its gravity.. we might move away from sun, moon.. stars will be different etc... just my theory

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Interesting Theory

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This thread is interesting Lysergic

A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself;
The simple pass on and are punished.
----Proverbs 27:12 ----

'''Woe to those, who call evil good, and good evil;
who put darkness for light,
and light for darkness;who put bitter for sweet,and
sweet for bitter'''(Isaiah 5: 20 )

~~~''''Hypocrites ! You know how to discern the face of the sky,
but you cannot discern the signs of the times '''
~(Matthew 16 : 3 ) ~

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 06:24 AM
link   
For all men were by nature foolish who were in ignorance of God, and who from the good things seen did not succeed in knowing him who is, and from studying the works did not discern the artisan;
--Wisdom 13:1--

nt. Him who is: The Hebrew sacred name of God.

Simple really!

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
"Jesus wept" has a certain je ne sais quoi.
What a thread...sigh...yawn...aarrrggghhhh

�When I use a word,� Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone,� �it means just what I choose it to mean � neither more nor less.�

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
So why come here ''to this thread???

Lysergic.......GREAT THREAD...........

VzH

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
"Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."

God do not interfere in politic, state...

full story :
------
Luke 20:19-26

19 The scribes and the chief priests tried to lay hands on him at that very hour, but they feared the people; for they perceived that he had told this parable against them.
20 So they watched him, and sent spies, who pretended to be sincere, that they might take hold of what he said, so as to deliver him up to the authority and jurisdiction of the governor.
21 They asked him, "Teacher, we know that you speak and teach rightly, and show no partiality, but truly teach the way of God.
22 Is it lawful for us to give tribute to Caesar, or not?"
23 But he perceived their craftiness, and said to them,
24 "Show me a coin. Whose likeness and inscription has it?" They said, "Caesar's." 25 He said to them, "Then render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."
26 And they were not able in the presence of the people to catch him by what he said; but marveling at his answer they were silent.

[Edited on 3-5-2003 by VzH]

VzH

posted on May, 3 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
!!!!

"I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household"
----
Matthew 10:36

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Hey Lys/

Here is an old thread i found.....

Wisdom of Solomon says: For God made not death: neither hath He pleasure in the destruction of the living.
For He created all things that they might have their being; and the generations of the world were healthful, and there is no poison of destruction in them, nor the kingdom of Hades upon the earth...
For God created man for incorruption, and made him to be the image of His own eternity.
But through the envy of the devil, came death into the world; and they that are of His portion experience it (Wis. 1:13-14; 2:23-24).

This verse speaks of God creating all good....it is only after the temptation of Adam and Eve(Genesis) that brought suffering and all kinds misfortunes into the earth....
What is 'Sin'.......to lose one's true path.

helen

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
"abraham scatched his head as if he was in deep thought"

not sure what scripture it is

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Gospel Of Thomas 13

Jesus said to his disciples, "Compare me to something and tell me what I am like."

Simon Peter said to him, "You are like a just messenger."

Matthew said to him, "You are like a wise philosopher."

Thomas said to him, "Teacher, my mouth is utterly unable to say what you are like."

Jesus said, "I am not your teacher. Because you have drunk, you have become intoxicated from the bubbling spring that I have tended."

And he took him, and withdrew, and spoke three sayings to him. When Thomas came back to his friends they asked him, "What did Jesus say to you?"

Thomas said to them, "If I tell you one of the sayings he spoke to me, you will pick up rocks and stone me, and fire will come from the rocks and devour you."

new topics

top topics

join