It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" Climate Change Is Not A Hoax", says Obama!!??

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
reply to post by Eurisko2012

for real?!?!?!?!?

have you not read this thread?

we are not talking about 1500 years into the future. we are talking about RIGHT now.

to deny that we have caused the problem is akin to a Junky admitted they don't have a problem.

we have a problem.

I think you have seen the movie The Day After Tomorrow too many times.

The Earth has been warming and cooling for millions of years.

Really......it has. It's 100% natural. One way to look at it is that the next ice age is

always on the way. It's not 100% man made.

- You have been deceived. -

There really is an agenda that you have bought in to hook line and sinker.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

reply to post by pluginkid

grimpachi & pluginkid... it is good to know there are those on ATS who are not caught up in the knee jerk reaction to the pressing issue of our age. thank you for your concise words.

it boggles my mind how the conversation can be caught up in "Don't Tax Me", when the issue is far greater than the abstract illusion of $$$. any conversation that gets bogged down in $$$ is simply a Sleight of Hand distraction... a stall mechanic to keep the dialogue off of the true issue at hand; that we as a species need rectify how we treat this planet or suffer the repercussions of the Environment Holocaust we have caused.

there is a problem. it must be addressed. it is the Junkie and the Addict who refuses to admit they have a problem.

an argument that i have heard often here is that Climate Change is due to a "natural cycle" of the Sun. this is willful ignorance and plain silly. natural cycles do not occur as rapidly as the current Climate Change we are facing has.

another argument i have heard is that "it is arrogant of humans to think we have the power to change the climate of this world."

would a cancer cell say the same thing?

when the Engines of Society can no longer sustain itself, perhaps the myopic debate over semantics, politics and taxes will seem as petty as they really are.

Amen to you. Every time it comes down to money.
Folks don't mind spending 5 bucks on a coffee.
They don't mind going to Vegas and gambling away all their cash.
They don't mind spending Godless amounts on booze.
They don't mind spending hundreds on a damn cell phone.
But God forbid trying to preserve our environment.
Our environment might I add, that allows us to drink our 5 dollar coffee's,
gamble our money away, get drunk in, and talk on our precious little phones.
Because with out our environment none of this crap matters.

Yes I agree with you, it boggles the mind.
However, just like many other things that are a reality yet
some people refuse to believe it.
You're never going to change their minds until it's too late.
So it end up being a pissing contest of "I'm right", "No, I'm right" and bla bla bla
I know what I know and I know what I feel.
Something is happening to our environment and it's not looking well.
Yet we're still here still debating whether or not it's actually
happening instead of trying to take care of the problem.
Yep it boggles the mind

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

for real?!?!?!?!?

we are not talking about 1500 years into the future. we are talking about RIGHT now.

to deny that we have caused the problem is akin to a Junky admitted they don't have a problem.

we have a problem.

Really......it has. It's 100% natural. One way to look at it is that the next ice age is

You're on the right track bud. Don't be discouraged by this deception wrapped in a deeception.

Alot of these nonsense posts are being starred and flagged
edit on 8-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

Obama was just throwing a bone to his global warming constituents.

He panders to everyone.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
tornado in queens NY today

everything is normal, it's just the sun or a cycle

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Tornadoes occur in all 50 states.

Blaming all weather events on climate change is naive.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

for real?!?!?!?!?

we have a problem.

You're on the right track bud. Don't be discouraged by this deception wrapped in a deeception.

Totally natural huh? So let me guess you don't think humans have damaged our environment at all right?
You have some inside knowledge that even the scientists don't have?
Scientists that have dedicated their entire life to this subject.
I'm sorry to break it to you but I think I'm
going with the scientists on this one.
Regardless of this or that, it should be our duty and responsibility to
preserve our environment any way we can. End of discussion
The fact that folks are still arguing about this absolutely
astonishes me.
Nope, global warming is a hoax.
911 was not at all in anyway an inside job. Politicians are good.
The federal reserve is the best thing since slice bread and the Kardashians are role models.
Woooo wee I'm out

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

Tornadoes occur in all 50 states.

Blaming all weather events on climate change is naive.

lighten up francis

anyone with open eyes sees the changes. I've lived here my whole life. tornadoes used to be rare. now we get tornado warning a few times a summer

and climate change = weather events. that's kind of it's definition

deny this;

there is more energy and moisture in the atmopshere due to the increase in the earths temperature

go ahead, make my day

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

reply to post by HamrHeed

Obama was just throwing a bone to his global warming constituents.

He panders to everyone.

Steeeeeeeerike 2

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluginkid

Originally posted by HamrHeed

for real?!?!?!?!?

we have a problem.

Totally natural huh? So let me guess you don't think humans have damaged our environment at all right?
You have some inside knowledge that even the scientists don't have?
Scientists that have dedicated their entire life to this subject.
I'm sorry to break it to you but I think I'm
going with the scientists on this one.
Regardless of this or that, it should be our duty and responsibility to
preserve our environment any way we can. End of discussion
The fact that folks are still arguing about this absolutely
astonishes me.
Nope, global warming is a hoax.
911 was not at all in anyway an inside job. Politicians are good.
The federal reserve is the best thing since slice bread and the Kardashians are role models.
Woooo wee I'm out

You just built a 50 ft strawman, lit a match and walked away., Quit trolling me please.
You haven't answered anything I've asked with serious intentions.
Have a nice day C.L

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The scientists in the UK are corrupt. Didn't you read the ClimateGate emails?

Give scientists $$$ billions and they will tell you whatever you want to hear.

That includes cooking the books on global warming data.
edit on 8-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by MamaJ

Global warming is a hoax period. The eartth is warmed by only one source, the sun. The sun is hotter than usual, making the planet hotter than usual.

Seems easy enough to understand without the chicken little routine to me, I don't know how everyone else doesn't see it also.

If your burning up is it because your skin is trapping to much green house gasses? Or is it that your standing too close to the fire?

You do the math.

This is what DENIAL looks like.

I will go out on a limb here and say that this person voted 2 times for Bush and thinks that abortion is the biggest issue of our time followed closely by banning gay rights.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If your burning up is it because your skin is trapping too much green house gasses? Or is it that your standing too close to the fire?

Excellent!

Reposted just for affect

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude

reply to post by MamaJ

Global warming is a hoax period. The eartth is warmed by only one source, the sun. The sun is hotter than usual, making the planet hotter than usual.

Seems easy enough to understand without the chicken little routine to me, I don't know how everyone else doesn't see it also.

If your burning up is it because your skin is trapping to much green house gasses? Or is it that your standing too close to the fire?

You do the math.

This is what DENIAL looks like.

I will go out on a limb here and say that this person voted 2 times for Bush and thinks that abortion is the biggest issue of our time followed closely by banning gay rights.

Actually, he left out geothermal warming.

It's also known as the El Nino Effect. - Warming of the Pacific Ocean -

The climate is always changing and it's not caused by man.

You have been deceived.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You do realize that the Earth will be at perihelion with the Sun in January, right? You do realize that the Sun is going into its Solar Max cycle, right? You do realize that we are heading through a lightly dispersed nebula that lies on the equatorial plane of the present spiral arm and there will be increased thermal conductivity between the Sun and all the planets, right
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

I sure do! I know exactly what's going on and I also know we are studying the van Allen belt as I type this to you today. The problem is recognizable.

If you think man and his minions of money and power aren't running around like dogs between their legs, you too are mistaken.

Man is not helping, we are actually speeding the process. This is evident in many scientific papers that I've sited throughout this thread.

Every single man on earth is accountable for the solar systems reaction and ours!

What we DO is maybe just what we've been doing and we will continue to see the same results.

If that works for you, then fine.

It just doesn't work for me.... Just not cool at all.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluginkid
reply to post by MamaJ

And just like I expected, the know it all's came out to attack. Like I'm going to believe a few ATS'ers
over SEVERAL scientists from all over the world.
Scientists that have came up with the same conclusion.
Scientists I might add, that have no ties with the oil industry
All you have to do is walk outside or turn on the news
to see that something dramatically is happening all around the world.
It's must be normal and natural right guys?

Let's just say we, the perfect little humans haven't harmed Mother Earth in any way what-so-ever.
Our perfect species ability to cut down millions of tree's,
spray harmful chemicals onto or food,hormones and
steroids shot into our animals and yes of course our massive use of fossil fuels.
(not to mention the endless amounts of oil we've spilled in our oceans)
Let's just say none of this is harmful to Earth in any way.
Don't you think it's time we get off foreign oil regardless of
the effects it has on our environment or not?

Don't ya think we should stop spraying chemicals and poisons onto our food supply?
or let me guess, that doesn't have any negative effect on us either right?
I think that this was the main awareness Obama was trying to make.
At least he can admit we have a problem with foreign oil dependency
Unlike Republicans who want even mention we have a problem. (And why would they
when a lot of their donors are oil companies??)

Regardless of what any of the 'know it all's" think you know, my gut and intuition
tell me that our environment is struggling. Something is off regardless of what
scientists are saying or not.
I'm curious, what do the non believers (of climate change) think we should do?
Do you think we should keep on living like we are?
Don't change a thing? Stay addicted to fossil fuels which we know we'll eventually run out of?
I'm so f@#%ing sick and tired of hearing people debate this obvious problem we're having.
Maybe when half the world is flooded and our population is cut down in half
will you people start to wake up and realize........
THERE IS A PROBLEM and we might just might be contributing to it

Exactly, and.... These are people who can be stuck with what they have and continue to support.

Money comes and goes, systems come go and go, SPECIES come and go, but the planet sustains.

I'm sorry, I'm like you, a fighter and no need to know it all, just enough to sustain and then some.

The Earth is speaking and its up to us to either listen or ignore her.

I wish we could all listen, be wise, take heed and help her so we can help our self and future generations.

Death happens, it's a part of life, I get that but I would rather fight for life and the end of destruction from power and greed. Self gratification is truly overrated.

I care.... Am compassionate for the kids of today's future and their children and so on. Life is abundant, we take it for granted like its always going to be. We have no idea what tomorrow will bring but we know that if changes are not made and made soon, life as we know it will no longer be.

Maybe the naysayers are right in their own right and if we just don't do anything then everything will crumble, the good will prevail and we can start anew with a lot less population and a lot less greed for self!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

It's one thing to take personal responsibility and change your behavior to something smarter, more cost effective and ecologically friendly, it's what I do. It is entirely another to pay some @sshat politician to fix the problem for you. I totally disagree with politicians trying to do anything, because they do nothing well, the idiots don't even know how to delegate properly. And then there is the presumption that global warming is primarily some anthropomorphic problem that taxes will fix, pffft.

We probably do contribute to changes in the environment, obviously we have cities, concrete, hot bodies creating 500 btu each and additional energy input practically everywhere you look. But our damage level is probably less than 1% of 1% of what the Sun, transit through the spiral arm or the thermal conductivity increase through a mildly dispersed nebula would cause. To think as a species that we have the capaibility to control or effect much larger energy systems at this point in our socially immature development is ridiculous and extremely egocentric. What will happen, will happen and I am fine with that, if we are meant to go extinct we will, if not, we won't. We already screwed with mother nature a bit, let's not add more interference and really piss off the system.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

That includes cooking the books on global warming data.
edit on 8-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

tripe

let me tell you a little story. the republicans wanted to find a scientist to testify in front of congress that global warming was a hoax. they hired an acknowledged AGW skeptic who thought al gore was an "exaggerator".

he was given the assignment of eliminating 2 elements

1) the republicans and the deniers thought the data was cherry picked to skew the results. he solved this by doing a massive RANDOM evaluation of the data

2) the republicans and the deniers felt too many stations were broken or unreliable. he solved this by eliminating the poorer quality stations from the data

the day came to testify

what did he conclude ?

read it and weep

“What has caused the gradual but systematic rise of two and a half degrees?” Muller writes. “We tried fitting the shape to simple math functions (exponentials, polynomials), to solar activity and even to rising functions like world population. By far the best match was to the record of atmospheric carbon dioxide, measured from atmospheric samples and air trapped in polar ice.”

BEST offical site
edit on 8-9-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2012 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Does anyone here even know what this climate tax is going to consist of? Is it going to be a penny added to every retail product sold or something like that? Is it only going to effect airfare or put a nickel on everyone's light bill, Is it going to cost us ten bucks a year per family? What is going to happen with the money, will it be used to hire people to go steal the patents from big business that were bought up so the oil companies could sell more oil? I have read nothing of credibility to show what is the plan and I would like to see only reliable information supplied by the governing agencies of this as to what the money is going to be used for. Then I can pick it apart and find out who wants to profit from this ordeal.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's too late now anyway. We have reached the tipping point climate change is now driving itself. Ice loss in the Arctic is releasing CO2 and Methane at a rates higher than our energy consumption.

In essence, we have lit the fire, and it can't be put out. The fire of global warming will burn until all the carbon fuel is spent.

As the Antarctic continent thaws, it will release large amounts of CO2 and Methane.

What was predicted to happen in the next couple of hundred years will likely happen in the next couple of decades.

Mother nature is about to change the game.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join