It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" Climate Change Is Not A Hoax", says Obama!!??

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

They shouldn't be feared, but they should be respected. IF the ice packs were to descend to the lower latitudes, there would be mass migrations of people and animals and suddenly space and resources would become a major issue.

Spreading the word about the connection of earth and sun? To quote a particularly favorite passage of mine "If a man be ignorant, let him be ignorant". If people want to jump around like their head is on fire and squawk about something that no power on earth can do anything about...let them. I won't be one of them but oh well.

Every current or former politician has an agenda.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

They shouldn't be feared, but they should be respected. IF the ice packs were to descend to the lower latitudes, there would be mass migrations of people and animals and suddenly space and resources would become a major issue.

Spreading the word about the connection of earth and sun? To quote a particularly favorite passage of mine "If a man be ignorant, let him be ignorant". If people want to jump around like their head is on fire and squawk about something that no power on earth can do anything about...let them. I won't be one of them but oh well.

Every current or former politician has an agenda.

Global warming was never about climate change.

It was about gaining control over the general population using fear and deception.

The truth shall set us free.

There is a connection between the weather on the sun and the weather on the Earth.

Denial is no way to go through life my friend.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You're missing his point. He's integrating what you're saying in a much more balanced perspective.

Yes, cosmic rays, solar irradiance, solar storms/flares, etc...causes fluctuations/cycles to the earth.

This has NEVER been disputed. You mentioning heliophysics doesn't give us any real answers.

You don't think scientists consider solar activity when making climate models

edit on 7-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

You're missing his point. He's integrating what you're saying in a much more balanced perspective.

Yes, cosmic rays, solar irradiance, solar storms/flares, etc...causes fluctuations/cycles to the earth.

This has NEVER been disputed. You mentioning heliophysics doesn't give us any real answers.

I wouldn't use the word - NEVER - if i were you.

Didn't you see the AL Gore clip?

"Some people say it's the sun ! BULLSH*T !!!!!!!!!!"

------------------
I am telling you that the real numbers are on the way.

When they arrive you will not like them.

The scientists want funding dollars. If you want the money, then tell us what we want to

hear. - Political Agenda -

Didn't you read the ClimateGate emails?

- You have been deceived. -

Someone has taught you how to think.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Global warming is a. Hoax, it is fake. I see only natural climate variations, man is not capable of destroying this planet like all you chicken littles would claim.

Mile wide meteor have hit with more force than all our nukes combined thousands of times over, yet the world remains. Or do you also deny that this has occured and the world still remains?

So what it is getting warmer, this is natural after an ice age ends. After an ice age ends it gets.........ready for it? WARMER!

Now you going to sahy, but all the life on earth will dien not it won't. Life will always remain, and the strong will live, and prosper. If we can't adapt, we will retire to history, much like 99.999% of all the species that came before us. It is the order of things.

Which is why it is imperative to continue our industrial growth, so we can eventually attain the ability to move beyond nature ruling us, or we will perish, like all the other animals that were unable to control their own destiny.

This rock will heat and freeze many thousands of more times before it is all over, we will be able to leave or overcome it or we will die off as is the natural cycle.

I don't see why this is so hard to understand. It doesn't take a genius.

Notice how I didn't have to result to petty name calling and inuindo, that' because I am using my higher brain functions to have intelligent thought out discourse, not turning it off and relying on the reptilian lower functions that want to assault anything is not what I believe it should be.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I began reading all about Heliophysics when it was created, I know all about it.

Educating myself is what I do..... Just as you.

I don't have time to site link after link to try and convince you that today we live here. We are living during a change and if we can HELP, we need to.

Our life as homo sapiens inhabiting this planet depends on US.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
The bottom line is that you cannot expect a large group of people to accept something which is supported by overwhelming scientific facts when those same people reject scientific facts in favor of Adam & Eve.

Seriously. It's the 21st century and the US is littered with people who only accept the Bible and they will reject any progress or scientific advancement. It's going to cause this nation to fall way behind.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

All of what you are saying is true. Chicken little? Really?

Your credibility is lost with me now as its obvious you cannot debate without name calling. Silly children!

You are totally missing the point.

When it effects you and your family, maybe the chicken littles will come to mind and you will feel at most, ridiculous.

edit on 7-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
The bottom line is that you cannot expect a large group of people to accept something which is supported by overwhelming scientific facts when those same people reject scientific facts in favor of Adam & Eve.

Seriously. It's the 21st century and the US is littered with people who only accept the Bible and they will reject any progress or scientific advancement. It's going to cause this nation to fall way behind.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I agree!

I also believe until we reach a unified agreement that science and philosophies of all kinds need to work together then ..... We will always be divided.

Too much biased facts that are not even facts...... Ya know?

There is no doubt the earth can sustain. This is evident and not debated. She has always went through changes, but we're WE HERE THEN?

NO!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

So glad there is logic in the room!

Thank you! Your words are so true.

When do you think people will stop whining about who's fault it is and just come up with a solution whereas we are helping our home as well as our self?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I began reading all about Heliophysics when it was created, I know all about it.

I don't have time to site link after link to try and convince you that today we live here. We are living during a change and if we can HELP, we need to.

The next ice age is on the way.

You can't wish it away.

You shouldn't. Ice ages, global warming, global cooling are 100% natural.

I guess you could live on the moon.

It's very peaceful up there.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Sure the Earth is 'warming'. The ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEM IS.
Natural cycles happen. There is no proof that it's man made.

The reason Obama wants everyone to believe it's man made is because the democrats are HEAVILY invested in so-called 'green energy' and in the 'carbon tax credit' scam that Al Gore came up with. It's a $$$ thing for democrats to push 'man made global warming' ...

While we argue about whether it's man made or not, the fact is climate change is happening and we presently live here.

What are we going to do to help the situation? What do we know this far that allows us to make certain changes that will at least limit our chances of extinction?

The arguing back and forth about whether man is helping or hindering is in my opinion common sense, yes man is not helping.

But.... We all have a different common sense. Lol

That's a problem with an issue such as this one.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by MamaJ

The next ice age is on the way.

You can't wish it away.

You shouldn't. Ice ages, global warming, global cooling are 100% natural.

I guess you could live on the moon.

It's very peaceful up there.

Hahahaha.... Naaaaah I don't wanna hang out on the moon. Thanks though!

I'm more of a fighter. I don't like to lay down and let something get the best of me.

This is an issue that may be all natural. Ok.... Cool.

It's all natural, however we can still make choices and those said choices should HELP and not hinder our survival.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Here is some Heliophysics for ya... www8.nationalacademies.org...

The term Global Warming is not in the Op.....

Climate change is and the wor play has to be right on target, global warming is not the agenda in the op.

I really should have made that clear. Lol

Here is a lengthy paper and there are so many more.

Climate scientists are speaking to us, we have to listen. ( I think so anyway)

​A fundamental prediction of climate change theory is that the Earth’s upper mesosphere and thermosphere will cool over time due to increases in the carbon dioxide (CO2) abundance in the atmosphere caused by human activity [e.g, Roble and Dickinson, 1989]. In the upper mesosphere and thermosphere (which we will call the geospace environment) CO2 efficiently cools the atmosphere as it essentially radiates in the cool-to-space limit. Increases in the CO2 abundance caused by fossil fuel burning will increase the amount of infrared emission in the upper mesosphere and thermosphere nearly linearly. This will then increase the cooling of the upper atmosphere, thereby resulting in lower temperatures, all else being equal. This “global cooling” of the geospace environment is in contrast to the “global warming” expected in the troposphere

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I am glad this has been a civil and respectful conversation. It is refreshing to be able to "discuss" things without animosity.

As I said, the sun has a HUGE effect on things. It is remarkable to me that we are still discovering these obscure "variables"...i.e the "Grand Maximum" and the "Maunder Minimum". Pretty amazing stuff.

There are sooo many variables that make monstrous changes to climatological models. Every time we discover a new one, it tips the cart over and they have to start over. You know the whole premise of the movie "The day after tomorrow" is actually based on scientific fact. "If" the glaciers melt enough and dilute the salinity of the gulf stream...it spells problems for the northern hemisphere...especially western Europe. That much of the movie was scientific fact. What's causing the glaciers to melt? Warmer air and warmer water. Is that man made? mmm...maybe. It might not be as well. If the sun is heating up the atmospheres of the other planets as well...we need to be aware of that.

I too read a lot about weather patterns, solar cycles and paleo-climatolgy. I still find it amazing that there was a time that Antarctica had tropical like rain forests and lush vegetation...I equally find it fascinating that there was a time that the "entire" earth was covered in ice (snowball earth). This old planet will be around looooong after we have managed to kill ourselves off.

That is the main point of all this back and forth arguing. Can we kill the earth? I suspect the earth will be around till the sun goes red giant and consumes the inner solar system. We prob won't be here for that though...

I contend that regardless of the causes of climate change...it needs to be prepared for in some form or fashion and it doesn't need to be put off in the name of a buck. "If" the drought in the Midwest is going to be a long term cycle...we need to prepare for that. We should be building reservoirs and aqueducts to catch and store the spring rains and then have a delivery system in place for the drought stricken summers...it's common sense.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I could give a flying f--- what a religious zealot = you, has to say about my objectivity.

I was being fecicious and hypocrytical on purpose, so as to point out that obvious abserdity of your response to me.

I don't believe in you false GOD either, what are you gonna do next, tell me I will burn I hell?

Lol as your GOD would say, and has commanded you already, "judge not lest you be judge as well, by the same same measure, you judge others."

Humanity has only 2 choices before it.
1 continue industrial evolution until we achieve mastery of our destiny.

2 revert back to near animal status, without technology, and succum to any and all natural phenomena, as we will be powerless to change our fate.

I personally would like to see man continue infinitum, but if we are to die out, meh. Good, we suck anyway.

The ability of most of this race to believe obvious fantasy and fairy tales with no proof of any type, versus, actual proven scientific principles, just shows myself and many many others, that humanity deserves its fate.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

It was about gaining control over the general population using fear and deception.

Which is why it took so long for politicians to accept what science had been telling them for decades?

Mind, if Obama now says it's real, I'm suddenly having doubts!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Seriously!?

Good god, you are still talking out the side of your neck like you even have a clue.

Your words prove you don't jack #!

Where does God fit into the op?

Your religious rant need go somewhere else.

If you haven't figured life out by now, that's on you....

I'm talking about CLIMATE CHANGE.

Come back when you are ready to have an adult converstaion and or debate.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

Which is why it took so long for politicians to accept what science had been telling them for decades?

Mind, if Obama now says it's real, I'm suddenly having doubts!

I know right!

I turned to ask my kids if he really said it.

Could not believe it..... After all these years and after the many scientists screaming...... Someone ACTS like they are listening.

Show me!

Don't just talk, show me whatcha gonna do!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

IMO your post is spot on.

It's logical, mixed with sound reasoning.

This part here, for me, is spot on and I wanted to quote again.

I contend that regardless of the causes of climate change...it needs to be prepared for in some form or fashion and it doesn't need to be put off in the name of a buck. "If" the drought in the Midwest is going to be a long term cycle...we need to prepare for that. We should be building reservoirs and aqueducts to catch and store the spring rains and then have a delivery system in place for the drought stricken summers...it's common sense.

I contend this as well.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join