It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" Climate Change Is Not A Hoax", says Obama!!??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by D.Wolf

Mine the moon for H3 ASAP.

No 30-50 year timeline.

Make it a reality within 5 years.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Why do Democrats thing Carbon Taxes are going to do anything? Here's a short list of things that carbon taxing the heck out of U.S. companies will NOT affect:

The Climate
The Rampant Pollution from 3rd World Countries

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by D.Wolf
reply to post by MamaJ

Oke let's assume it is not debatable. What is the answer to, was it, human c02 emissions causing global warming?

You have to get serious about this.... It's serious stuff!

Read the papers I sited. Research this because won't be long and no one will be able to debate it cause we will all be dead! Lol

Seriously, humanity is at stake. Everything else in the news is masking the importance of our species survival on this planet.

I cannot even watch the news because they don't talk about the important " stuff".

When Obama said that in his speech last night, it baffled me. I never expected him to say " climate change is not a hoax". Well, now we are speaking with honesty! I like that, and it's about time!

Now wth is he really going to do about it that helps and not hinders.

We cannot afford to sit around discussing who caused it or if it's natural. Ice caps are melting.... and melting QUICK.

Earthquakes and volcanoes will begin to go off in concert. Lots of lives are at risk.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hi - man made, natural or cyclical, I'm not sure it matters that much - the fact is it's happening.

OP asked me to link to here

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Why do Democrats thing Carbon Taxes are going to do anything? Here's a short list of things that carbon taxing the heck out of U.S. companies will NOT affect:

The Climate
The Rampant Pollution from 3rd World Countries

I agree, we need a better solution!

We need people in office who really care about " the people".

Talk the talk.... But let's see ya walk the walk already, Obama!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch
Hi - man made, natural or cyclical, I'm not sure it matters that much - the fact is it's happening.

Exactly, thank you for chiming in as this issue is alarming!

I did however link your thread which is equally important and ties in to the climate changing theme.

Thanks again! Xoxox

Jenn

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by MamaJ

Global warming is a hoax period. The eartth is warmed by only one source, the sun. The sun is hotter than usual, making the planet hotter than usual.

Seems easy enough to understand without the chicken little routine to me, I don't know how everyone else doesn't see it also.

If your burning up is it because your skin is trapping to much green house gasses? Or is it that your standing too close to the fire?

You do the math.

Yes, that is the dirty little secret.

The Earth has been warming and cooling for millions of years.

The Earth has had dozens of ice ages in the past. They come and they go.

99.9% of Global Warming is caused by normal solar wind, solar flare activity and

Geothermal heat which is also known as the El Nino Effect - the warming of the

Pacific Ocean.

Everyone on this thread should read up on - Heliophysics -.

Seek the truth and ignore the fear and deception spread by the liberals.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

The climate IS changing...as it has done over and over for millions of years. The only debate is if it natural, is man-made or if it is worsened by man. This is the debate...but sorry to burst your ignorance bubble...the climate is changing. There was a time several thousand years ago that the earth was covered in ice...called "snowball earth"...there was a time that the poles were lush with vegetation...the massive cycles of time are real and are repeating. I'm not going to say man has anything to do with it...but I will say it takes a complete dolt to think that changes are not happening right before our eyes.
reply to post by Jeremiah65

There is no denying the climate has always changed. Read the op.... Smart one.

The debates are wasting time, it's obvious we all do our fair share and accountability is an issue with humanity. It seems everyone wants to blame another.

I say either sh@$ or get off the pot.

" ignorance bubble" ?? If you are talking to me then ya best find better and nicer words because its way too early for me to break it off in ya this morning! Lol seriously, don't talk/ type to me that way as its not welcomed and definitely not a healthy way to communicate with others. It just shows your own ignorance.

The fact is we were not here the last ice age and so now at present time we are seeing what we think happened prior.... It's unsettling and plans should be implemented already and rushed plans at that. We have future generations to protect as our species is at risk!

Time is a circle. What comes around goes around. History will always repeat itself especially when we as intelectual beings poke, prod, and rape the very place we live. If we do not start taking care of this planet she will take care of us. Period.

My post was directed at the individual I replied to (inverslyproportional). Try reading. It was not directed at you...paranoid much?
edit on 7-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: added clarification

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubledutch

Exactly, thank you for chiming in as this issue is alarming!

I did however link your thread which is equally important and ties in to the climate changing theme.

Thanks again! Xoxox

Jenn

Do not fear ice ages. They are 100% natural.

BTW, we do not have the technology or means to slow them down or stop them.

Global warming was never about climate change.

It was about gaining control of the general population through fear and deception.

- Seek the truth -

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by D.Wolf
reply to post by MamaJ

Oke let's assume it is not debatable. What is the answer to, was it, human c02 emissions causing global warming?

You have to get serious about this.... It's serious stuff!

Read the papers I sited. Research this because won't be long and no one will be able to debate it cause we will all be dead! Lol

Seriously, humanity is at stake. Everything else in the news is masking the importance of our species survival on this planet.

I cannot even watch the news because they don't talk about the important " stuff".

When Obama said that in his speech last night, it baffled me. I never expected him to say " climate change is not a hoax". Well, now we are speaking with honesty! I like that, and it's about time!

Now wth is he really going to do about it that helps and not hinders.

We cannot afford to sit around discussing who caused it or if it's natural. Ice caps are melting.... and melting QUICK.

Earthquakes and volcanoes will begin to go off in concert. Lots of lives are at risk.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't care for american politics. I asked a genuine question: What is the answer to earthquakes and volcano's caused by man made co2 emissions?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Nobody here is fearing natural cycles. We're talking about our actions interfering with these natural cycles.

The changes people are seeing these days have little to do with natural cycles. It's far too great, far too quick.

edit on 7-9-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

Nobody here is fearing natural cycles. We're talking about our actions interfering with these natural cycles.

The changes people are seeing these days have little to do with natural cycles. It's far too great, far too quick.

Not true. Natural climate change can happen in the blink of an eye.

A scientist researching the glaciers in the Andes mountains discovered something that disputes the idea that "natural climate change" is slow. As the glaciers are retreating, he found roughly 3 to 4 thousand year old vegetation that was flash frozen at the base of the glaciers. They have found frozen mammoths with flowers still in their mouths. Evidence is indicating that natural climate change can happen in an instant...they have not yet discovered the cause but the evidence is there.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I'm sure there are scenarios which bring about a drastic change. That would basically be a huge "tipping point" that has been breached.

This is exactly what we're trying to keep from happening. It seems we may already be too late, but thankfully it's not yet come about in an instant!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

Originally posted by moniesisfun

Not true. Natural climate change can happen in the blink of an eye.

A scientist researching the glaciers in the Andes mountains discovered something that disputes the idea that "natural climate change" is slow. As the glaciers are retreating, he found roughly 3 to 4 thousand year old vegetation that was flash frozen at the base of the glaciers. They have found frozen mammoths with flowers still in their mouths. Evidence is indicating that natural climate change can happen in an instant...they have not yet discovered the cause but the evidence is there.

What is actually causing the global warming?

Is 100% of it caused by man?

Is -zero -% of it caused by man?

Is Heliophysics for real ?

Have we had ice ages in the past?

Will we have ice ages in the future?

What are these textbooks talking about?

- Heliophysics 101 -

Is the center of the Earth hot or cold?

edit on 7-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

Have to agree. A sudden change would be devastating to all life...not just us silly humans.

I have never disputed "climate change". Man made Global warming is another issue. There is too many "independent experts" with an agenda fogging up the facts. So, instead of jumping on the "it's real" bandwagon or the "it's a hoax" bandwagon...I continue to look at the various data and do my best to logically categorize it.

Either way...whether it is man made or natural...does not mean it's going to be a cake walk.

This old earth has had a very violent history. I have said it before in other threads...our species has been most fortunate for the last 20 to 30 thousand years. The earth has been in a relatively calm and uneventful cycle...which IS NOT the norm. We know this from ice cores and sedimentary layers of soil. This "calm" cycle is the very thing that allowed our species (which had been around for 150,000 years at that time) to suddenly grow and flourish. IF the earth returns to it's "normal" behavior...it's going to suck for us.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Sure the Earth is 'warming'. The ENTIRE SOLAR SYSTEM IS.
Natural cycles happen. There is no proof that it's man made.

The reason Obama wants everyone to believe it's man made is because the democrats are HEAVILY invested in so-called 'green energy' and in the 'carbon tax credit' scam that Al Gore came up with. It's a $$$ thing for democrats to push 'man made global warming' ...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I was glad he said it, I am grateful he acknowledges it. Climate change whether it is purely natural or accelerated by man is irrelevant. We are the Caretakers of this planet, it is our responsibility to minimize our environmental impact as much as possible. We are not the children we once were at the dawn of the industrial age, we have grown into adulthood and know the consequences of our industrialization.

Over and over I hear certain politicians say America should be the light of the world. Yet are unwilling to act like that light. We have the largest consumer base in the world, why are we not using that to the world's advantage. Why is our trade policy rewarding the third world for polluting the planet? Why are we not structuring our trade policy to benefit the worker and the planet? instead we give them cheap wages and a cesspool to live in.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
I was glad he said it, I am grateful he acknowledges it. Climate change whether it is purely natural or accelerated by man is irrelevant. We are the Caretakers of this planet, it is our responsibility to minimize our environmental impact as much as possible. We are not the children we once were at the dawn of the industrial age, we have grown into adulthood and know the consequences of our industrialization.

Over and over I hear certain politicians say America should be the light of the world. Yet are unwilling to act like that light. We have the largest consumer base in the world, why are we not using that to the world's advantage. Why is our trade policy rewarding the third world for polluting the planet? Why are we not structuring our trade policy to benefit the worker and the planet? instead we give them cheap wages and a cesspool to live in.

The next ice age is on the way.

We do not have the technology or means to slow it down or stop it.

The forces at work are beyond your comprehension.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

1) What is actually causing the global warming?

2) Is 100% of it caused by man?

3) Is -zero -% of it caused by man?

4) Is Heliophysics for real ?

5) Have we had ice ages in the past?

6) Will we have ice ages in the future?

7) What are these textbooks talking about?

- Heliophysics 101 -

Is the center of the Earth hot or cold?

1) Scientist have recently discovered something about solar cycles. We have known for some time about the 11 years cycles of flare ups and "solar maximums" like we are in right now. But they have found that there is actually much bigger and longer cycles. The "grand maximum" and the "Maunder Minimum" are cycles of hundreds of years. The last "maunder minimum" is attributed to "the little ice age" of the 18th and 19th centuries.

2) I do not believe it is 100% man made but it is highly possible that man is contributing to or accelerating the effects. This is a source of the debates and disagreements. There is no empirical evidence either way. But mark, “Possible” is not the same as “probable”. If there was not so much financial influence into this topic, we might could get a straight answer.

3) I am not a paleo-climatologist or a modern climatologist. The different study groups report different findings. Though I will say that the Koch brothers funded a study and the results came back that yes, man is having an effect. How much? No one knows for sure...but both sides will say they are 100% sure...maybe.

4) Helio-physics is the study of the sun’s effects on the solar system. Some studies say that the entire solar system is heating up (other planets that is). This could explain a lot. This could exacerbate the situation…meaning it would magnify the effects of the CO2 in the atmosphere.

5) I assume that is a rhetorical question. Yes.

6) Yes, more than likely. The earth cycles are directly connected to sun cycles. The right chain of events could throw us into an ice age. A “Maunder minimum” cycle and a large volcanic eruption could significantly lower the surface temperature of the earth.

7) See #4 above.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

I think ice ages are completely natural and should not be feared.

----------
We should spread the word that there is a direct relationship between the Earth and the

sun.

Al Gore is conveiently ignoring the sun altogether.

It's almost as if he has an agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join