It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" Climate Change Is Not A Hoax", says Obama!!??

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justoneman
. IT IS GEO-THERMAL energy from within this earth driven by the Solar changes that make our weather. I take data where it leads and our ability to heat up this rock is SOLAR driven, period.

please contact proffessor mueller than. he disagress with you. please let him know this is for a public forum, and then ask his permission to post his reply here.

this is a direct challenge to you.

“What has caused the gradual but systematic rise of two and a half degrees?” Muller writes. “We tried fitting the shape to simple math functions (exponentials, polynomials), to solar activity and even to rising functions like world population. By far the best match was to the record of atmospheric carbon dioxide, measured from atmospheric samples and air trapped in polar ice.”

BEST

contact the prof's daughter, she is the director of the project

You may also contact Elizabeth Muller, Executive Director of Berkeley Earth at:+1 510 517 9936, liz berkeleyearth.org

just so you know, I am triple dog daring you

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Justoneman

I have not finished reading all the documentation yet but I have skimmed though a good portion of it all. It seems that many feel the earth is entering a cooling cycle and that would be great but then I looked up some of their supporting documentation and most of their premise is based of 2008 and later 2009 data showing that there was an increase in polar ice however the data has not held to be true levels have dropped exponentially in 2010, 2011’ and 2012. I would be interested in seeing updated documentation from these scientists factoring in the new data.
As I said I have not finished reading all the documentation from the site you provided but I am curious to hear your opinion on this matter now that you know that the basis of their stance on the issue did not hold true.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

I have not finished reading all the documentation yet but I have skimmed though a good portion of it all. It seems that many feel the earth is entering a cooling cycle and that would be great but then I looked up some of their supporting documentation and most of their premise is based of 2008 and later 2009 data showing that there was an increase in polar ice however the data has not held to be true levels have dropped exponentially in 2010, 2011’ and 2012. I would be interested in seeing updated documentation from these scientists factoring in the new data.
As I said I have not finished reading all the documentation from the site you provided but I am curious to hear your opinion on this matter now that you know that the basis of their stance on the issue did not hold true.

I am not saying everything is perfect in this. But, I am saying there IS NOT CONSENSUS and there are many who have looked at things like the siting criteria used for the location of the met stations they use to give us their conclusions. There are some data manipulation based solely on location of met stations to heat sources.

So if someone is not willing to open their minds to the true possibilities they won't get open minded results. I have met stations I have set up and they must meet certain standards. The EPA would berate me over placing the stations they way many of those that the IPCC used and, even further, the ones they turned off and tuned out from cooler regions, as I recall.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
“of course he would say global warming is real because it is. and it has nothing to do with human”
Foxy1

When one makes such a bold claim, that they know more about science then every scientific organization in the world, one should back that claim up with some science. You cannot and that is why you provide zero evidence.

edit on 9-9-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

If Romney gets elected we will no longer need to pay any science advisers because he also knows more about science then the entire scientific community. But then again that is only natural as the man will soon become a God!
www.youtube.com...
It is amazing that Romney believes that EVERY scientific organization in the world are liars and creators of a vast hoax. And yet believes in the above video. WEIRD!!!

Perhaps we will elect the first tin foil hat wearing president!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Let me ask a question why is global warming a bad thing.Lets stop for a minute we know in the past when it was alot warmer then now Bio diversity was off the scale. Cold weather destroys bio diversity the colder it gets the less plants and animals that survive. Next contrary to what you heard the weather improves the warmer the planet gets it takes a cold and a warm front to create hurricanes and tornado's for example. Ocean life thrives in warmer climate just look at the tropics compared to Antarctica where would you rather fish? More food can be grown in a warmer climate and humans handle warmer climates much better then cold ones.

So isnt it better to trap heat considering many scientists currently believe were going to cycle through another ice age according to geological history.I personally think ice ages should be avoided when ever possible.And one more thing every scientist agrees the earth is warming some believe we are the cause others believe were not the only cause and still others think we have such a minor influence as to be inconsequential.But none believe we have absolutely no effect.Scientists very rarely will claim something to be fact they will say the data leads us to believe.This is the problem we have we have scientists sure we are the cause without even attempting to be critical this means they obviously have reasons to take that view point other then the data.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
I could not believe he said it, admitted it, and it hit home for me!

There is no debate, the climate is changing and it's a huge problem we are facing!!

Here is what Mr. President said. timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

"My plan will continue to reduce the carbon pollution that is heating our planet, because climate change is not a hoax," he said, as he accepted his party's presidential nomination for the tight-fought election in November. "More droughts and floods and wildfires are not a joke," he said. "They are a threat to our children's future."

Legislation backed by Obama died in the US Senate in 2010 amid staunch opposition from Republicans, many of whom question scientists' view that carbon emissions are behind rising temperatures. Obama has urged Congress to renew tax credits for clean energy, with incentives for wind power set to expire at the end of 2012, and called for an end to subsidies to already profitable oil companies.

The debate should not be about who or what is causing it, FIX IT ALREADY!!! www.boston.com...

ENERGY: Obama said the country could cut oil imports in half by 2020, and support more than 600,000 jobs by expanding natural gas production in the United States, and investing in alternative energy sources, clean coal, biofuels, and more energy-efficient homes and buildings. He said his administration has raised fuel standards so cars and trucks will go farther on a gallon of gas; has made the country less dependent on foreign sources of oil; and opened up millions of new acres for oil and gas exploration.

Investing in alternative energy is what I'm talking about! This has got to be a priority and be at the forefront of any Presidents agenda!!

I have not bought into the lies our politicians have been promoting and I really do think they are all puppets, but his speech was impressive and Obama did say pretty much everything I wanted to hear!

This though, this is real, it's non debatable anymore as we are all becoming affected by climate change.

Yes, the Earth has always had changing climate.... No doubt, but my fiends we are living in a world that is going against the good order of NATURE and if we want to live here for very much longer, kids grow up and have kids, and so on, then we need to take better care of our planet!!!! Nations should not be divided, people should not be divided, and our congress better wake up!

It doesn't surprise me that news media are not talking about this issue more and it doesn't surprise me they were slow to bring up the issue from his speech last night.

The truth is ugly sometimes, but someone somewhere in charge needs to step up and do it quick!

So, what do you think ATS? What are your thoughts?

So essentially:

-- you think all politicians lie, except Obama
-- because Obama said it, it must be true

Dude, can you be serious? This is satire, right?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
“So essentially:
-- you think all politicians lie, except Obama
because Obama said it, it must be true”
tangonine
???????????? WTF??? It is because EVERY scientific organization in the world agrees that global warming is a serious threat and humans have caused it.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Climate change never was a hoax, even the most ardent deniers outside the GOP don't deny that it's happening.

Most climate change deniers are actually just disputing as to the impact that human activity just has on climate change.

Obama's statement doesn't change this.

However, GOP are in massive denial that climate change is even happening. When Mitt Romney wakes up to water in the Oval Office due to Washington being flooded by rising ocean water, maybe he'll start to think about discussing it.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

In the 1960's and 1970's, ALL of the climate scientists thought that the Earth was entering a cooling cycle, anyone who believed in Global Warming was seen as "crazy".

It was actually MARGARET THATCHER who started the ball rolling on global warming at a Government level, she was in a heated dispute with coal miners at the time and had to find something that made the coal miners and coal in general look like the bad guy.

Her Cabinet level finance minister or "Chancellor of the Exchequer", Nigel Lawson, thought she was INSANE to bring this idea forward to the light of day, as it contradicted all the available data at the time that showed Earth was entering a cooling cycle and that emissions from coal power stations had little impact on the levels of CO2 in the atmosphere.

Every television documentary about climate change at the time, and every meterologist supported the idea of global cooling.

Now, the same data from the 1950's, 1960's, and 1970's that was used to support global cooling in the early 1980's, has been mysteriously recreated to show that the planet was warming during that time, not cooling.

It's obvious to anyone with a weather rock that climate change is occurring, but there is also lots of historic information out there to support conspiracy theories.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
“Most climate change deniers are actually just disputing as to the impact that human activity just has on climate change.”

Babybunnies
Then those contraians (www.scientificamerican.com... ) are wrong also. EVERY scientific organization of national and international reputation have endorsed the obvious fact that humans have contributed to global warming.
I’m sure tho that they will dismiss en.wikipedia.org... ( the source of the above site) as part of the conspiracy! Along with NASA, American Meteorological society…etc (the list includes EVERY scientific organization of national and international reputation so I did not include them all. That would make this post 30 pages long!)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
“In the 1960's and 1970's, ALL of the climate scientists thought that the Earth was entering a cooling cycle, anyone who believed in Global Warming was seen as "crazy".”
Babybunnies

NOPE!!!
“Global cooling was a conjecture during the 1970s of imminent cooling of the Earth's surface and atmosphere along with a posited commencement of glaciation. This hypothesis had little support in the scientific community,…”
FROM
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

The truth is ugly sometimes, but someone somewhere in charge needs to step up and do it quick!

So, what do you think ATS? What are your thoughts?

All the little arguments are not getting us anywhere. It's wasting time.

Now..... Let's fix it!

Simpleton:
You can't"fix"a"problem" until you define it.
Infact you will more than likely take off at full speed in the wrong direction.

Taxing the world to fill U.N coffers is no fix.
Running around screaming "WE SIMPLY MUST DO SOMETHING NOW!!!!!" Is even worse.
How do you explain your high priest of "globe-al warming"
Mr. Al Gore has
not even given up "plastic bags": Much less the multiple massive homes and flying around in private jets to preach the "good word" to "his faithful" ?

Yes it's a self- assuaging religion. You all "FEEL better being on the "right" side of the issue."

[editby]edit on 9-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
“Mr. Al Gore has not even given up "plastic bags":
46ACE
First, how do you know that? Do you have sources? What kind of nonsense do you read that would think that was an important fact? Al Gore (actually he is spot on about global warming) is not the issue. For example your simplistic reasoning would say something as absurd as,
1. Manson is a liar.
2. Manson said that 2+2=4
3. Therefore, 2+2 does not = 4.
This is why the fallacy you committed (en.wikipedia.org... ) is absurd . Here is a list of other fallacies that you have committed, you find the particular ones. I am tired of teaching basic logic!
en.wikipedia.org...

“Simpleton: You can't"fix"a"problem" until you define it.”
46ACE
I will ignore the childish name calling and point out that you clearly have no clue about the subject. The problem has been defined. There is too much CO2 in the atmosphere and that is causing www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Obviously, those that have not done ANY research do not think the well being of their country is worth the effort. I will stand with those that value science and those that want to defend their country! And yes, global warming is a huge threat to my country!

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Is it reasonable to believe that EVERY scientific organization in the world is part of a conspiracy and that the Koch brother’s www.kochbrothersexposed.com... well funded propaganda effort that facilitates their own personal profit is the truth? * Is it reasonable to say that the oil industry ( huge) has less influence on politicians then the miniscule solar power industry?
It is amazing what the sheeple will buy! It is a classic propaganda ploy that always works! If you are charged with being part of a conspiracy (and rightly so) confuse the hell out of the sheeple by accusing your accusers ( solar industry..etc) of being the real masterminds behind the conspiracy!

* Luckily for the truth and unluckily for the Koch bros, the Koch bros paid science consultants valued the truth more then the Koch’s lies!www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
“but then I looked up some of their supporting documentation and most of their premise is based of 2008 and later 2009 data showing that there was an increase in polar ice however the data has not held to be true levels have dropped exponentially in 2010, 2011’ and 2012.”
Grimpachi

First let me say that I greatly respect your contributions and agree with you that global warming is a fact and that humans have greatly contributed to it. However, you fell for a Koch lie!
www.sciencedaily.com...
In other words, there were minimal increases in the area of ice in localized areas. However, overall the volume of ice has been decreasing in both area and thickness even in 2008 and 2009!
www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I think the sun is doing things we've never witnessed as humans and it is doing things that our geological records of magnetic pole shift and sudden climate change have shown since the inception of the science of geology. We are in that Chinese curse of being "blessed to live in interesting times". Some theology's think people choose to come into the world on their spirit's desire and maybe we did. But know that our knowledge of the future climate is only going to be based on what we turn up in the rocks and they tell a story that we've been here before and were going there again and again. Ice ages and warming periods are the facts. Huge events that wiped out various civilization are recorded too. It will happen again and we must prepare by going to space and colonizing planets elsewhere. Not by paying Al Gore a tax. That will only hurt us all and do nothing.

I think you are right as I have researched a lot of issues that I'm concerned with in regards to our sun, energized particles, Heliophysiscs, climate history, and so on.

I've researched extensively the human anatomy, brain, light, matter, and the earth along with other bodies in the solar system. I see it.... I see it all and not only that I FEEL IT.

This thread is only one issue and that issue involves climate change.

Do I think we play a major role in all systems including but not limited to our Solar System? YES I DO!

I'm crazy though, ya know? Lol

Anyone who speaks truth hits the core within people and they become scared of said truth. This is evident!!

The good will prevail, however with saying that also know that what we do individually should be accounted for as well and will be.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

First off, I'm not a dude! Lol

Second I think you should read the thread and read my views before talking out of the side of your neck with assumptions.

Thanks! :-)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Don't come in here speaking to me as if you know me and who my high priest is.

Obviously you have not read the thread nor do you know my views.

The thread is about CLIMATE CHANGE, not global warming.

Please get this through your head!

You wanna talk back and forth as adults, lose the attitude and come back.

I'm grown and don't play at the park anymore.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
It doesn't really take a genius to know that climates change over time.... Caused by 'global warming'..? doubt it... If their was no life on earth, the climates would still change...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join