It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt or Barack? - Give me a break!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
[To the mods: Maybe this is not the correct forum because the topic mainly focuses on the US elections and also on politics in general. Please move the topic as required. Thank you!]

Oh, well. Seeing many threads here with people arguing about whether Mitt Romney or Barack Obama shall be supported makes me truely sick. We are here on a website where people come together to discuss things in-depth and try to look behind the curtain... and yet when it comes to politics still many fall for the same spectacle that takes place every few years.

Whether Bill Clinton gives a good speech or not and whether Barack Obama is a smart guy or not - DOES NOT MATTER!! What matters is not the ability of someone giving you a pretty illusion. What matters are not the elegant words someone uses or the applause someone gets. What matters is what they DO when they are elected! And we all know that what they say before the election is not what they do afterwards - because it was never intended that way!

Obama had promised change in 2008 and he pushed our emotional button because we all felt that change must happen very soon. And so he promised many many things which touched the hearts of millions all over the world. After Bush it was easy for him to win because he seemed so much smarter. But he won his race with false promises - blatant lies in fact! Looking back I must say that Barack Obama was the last politician who was able to fool me that badly. It was a blinding show - but nothing more than that! So... you REALLY want to reelect a proven liar? Someone who lied about almost EVERYTHING that he promised in his speeches. Someone who approves killing "suspicious" American citizes all over the world without any trial at all? Really?

Romney on the other hand is the guy who was intentionally placed there to loose against Obama. He came from nowhere and will go to nowhere. He is the same sort of elitist liar as Obama is. But he is by far not as subtle or smart as Obama. His part in this script is the slimy, greasy elitist who is so obviously not electable that there is no doubt that he has no chance whatsoever. The media currently tells you otherwise to make it seem like an open race - but it is not. We know where the media are really standing! And they will just fulfill their job as usual and right now you can already see them turning towards Obama.
The only guy who would have been able to put Obama in jeopardy would have been Ron Paul. And looking at what the RNC / GOP did with him it is clear as day that he was not allowed to get the nomination under any circumstance because he was not controllable like the other puppets. They forced him out of the race from the beginning and the media of course went along with it.

Politics is like show business and the big money involved in the campaigns talks for itself. They spend all that money to give you a Hollywood like show, giving you false emotions and stories and paint pictures of illusions and dreams we are all longing for. And the media just takes its role in presenting you these things in the best propagandist manner thinkable. They know how to press the right buttons so that we are touched, angry, happy and excited at just the moment they want. When it comes to the election campaign they are using all the dirty tricks of psychological warfare and defeat most of you every time.

Politics is not about honesty or truth - and you should already know that! I am shocked to see how many people here fall for the same lies over and over again each time. They intentionally deceive you in order to make you give your precious vote to them. This way it is YOUR fault what happens next. This way they have an excuse and can say: "Well, YOU have elected us after all!"

Politicians are a mere firewall to obscure the view to the real power structure behind the scenes. Each party acts the same once in power - because they do not have any power after all! The people who choose to be front runners like Obama, Bush, Clinton and all the others are a screen of smoke and mirrors. If you look at them and take them seriously then you have already lost the game because they are nothing else than selfish puppets. They are doing their job just because of the money involved, the nice place in the history books, the golfing sessions, the great feeling when giving stirring speeches written by others and the illusion of being the most powerful person in the world. Which they are NOT. They are just greedy, selfish, narcissistic elitists which were chosen and paid for being loyal with the powers that be.

My point is this: If you are fully awake and know how reality REALLY works then you CANNOT vote for ANY of them. Once in office they are out of control and TPTB have reached their goal once more: we have approved them! Do not fall for the smoke and mirrors but see through it. We need to change the political system itself! This is no democracy at all. Here in Germany this is not any different. Many people here, too, feel that we have no choice / power at all because all parties do the same lobby-controlled rubbish after being elected - which is NOT what the people want and strongly contradicts their previously made promises!

I think this cartoon tells more than a thousand words how it currently works:

[ "What is democracy?" - "Democracy is the freedom to elect our own dictators." ]

edit on 7-9-2012 by mrMasterJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
What we need is a VERY different system where EVERYONE in it has the potential to actively participate in its decisions. This is more like a social network where we all participate to find good solutions for the problems of our times. These things should not be decided by a few elitist people and we need true change in regards of how politics works or otherwise we will forever be slaves caught in an ever more controlled system of greed and power.

They can fool all of us sometimes.
They can fool some of us all the time.
But they CANNOT fool all of us all the time!!

Wake up!! BE the change you desire!!
No one else can fix it but you yourself.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
A picture which sums up your post.

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Amen,brother. We are suppose to deny ignorance on ATS, yet the left/right paradigm argument continues right in check with super pac'd propaganda that provides us with the illusion that we are participating in demockracy. Good luck to the delusional.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Break Given.

Vote Gary Johnson.

(Awesome Video)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well - I am not so sure. While telling some obvious truth here they still do the same: pushing the right buttons.
Obama also told about the government being more transparent after he is elected. Of course this was what we wanted to hear. And yet nothing like this ever happened.

I do believe that once you run with the pack you CANNOT be any different. The political system's framework is the problem. TPTB are the ones in control behind the scenes. And once an underdog comes out of nowhere there are just two possible outcomes for this: either they will be controlled or they will be destroyed.

We must change the system completely and remove TPTB from business. I do not believe in any of the nice sounding promises anymore. We ourselves must change how we make decisions for our society. We do not need parties or small groups of people who make the decisions. They will always abuse their given power. Let's decide these things all together in a big network!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Excuse me but you've always bash the right. Please don't be a hyprocrite. Here is an example.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by 02bmw76
Amen,brother. We are suppose to deny ignorance on ATS, yet the left/right paradigm argument continues right in check with super pac'd propaganda that provides us with the illusion that we are participating in demockracy. Good luck to the delusional.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mrMasterJoe

I agree, but it wont change overnight, short of Revolution.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Obama/Romney .. neither can do the job. Both lie. Both break promises.
Obama/Romney = same/same.

I'm voting for Gary Johnson this time around. It's my protest vote.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Star for Ya.

Now , does Gary have ANY good ideas, or is it really just a Protest vote?

I like many of his ideas, not all though. My vote too, will be Gary Johnson., although I think Mitt will take it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
It took Obama's election to wake me up to this. He won me with his suave demeanor, sense of humor and brilliant speaking skills. He truly came off as the guy for the people, here to help the little guy. He was going to give us back our country we were taught to love and be proud of all through school. The '08 elections were really the first ones I ever followed and really got interested in. I got interested in world events after 9/11 but not really the politics behind the scenes of things until the start of the election year. (In that aspect, his candidacy was good, it got a lot of young people involved in what's going on, so it wasn't a complete loss) It wasn't long after that I realized what a good show he put on but that's all it was. I found this site in 2010 after questioning what the heck was going on and why they lie so bad when they're campaigning and how the hell can people not see it? Why didn't I? Once you step outside and look down on the whole show from a different perspective, it's crystal clear how intended everything is. There is a reason there is only two parties up there for us to "choose" from--because that's exactly the way it is intended to be.

Listening to speeches now from either side makes me physically ill because they're all just fluffy words meant to make you feel good and underneath all of those pretty promises and emotion-provoking stories they tell, there's nothing but emptiness, apathy and greed.

As the Late George Carlin said it best, "They don't care about you."

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

Yes, it's funny how the "bad guys" truely have one good job to do: to wake people up! If you think this way about what has happened it's a good thing that more and more people now at least know what they DON'T want.

But I think it's time to take the next step and envision a system that involves all of us in the decision making process in a reasonable way. It's doable and I think of it as some sort of social network where you CAN participate whenever you want to and everyone can actively do somthing instead of waiting for another election fraud cycle to happen.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Protest voting does not do the job. It's some sort of anger relief but it doesn't fix the problem.

Would it not be great if you had the choice to "opt out" of the system on your election papers? In order to say: "No, I do not support ANY of them. I want the system to be fixed / reviewed."

But not voting or protest voting for someone else you do not really express what your really have to say. Because what most of us really want to say is: "Fix the f*** system!"
We require to have influence on all decisions!

When people had the opportunity to directly address / criticize the system itself followed by a complete system review with the participation of ALL of us... this would indeed be a great improvement. Don't you think?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
So it seems this is the wrong forum for a topic like this

Mods, could you pls help me and fix it?
Thank you...

top topics

join