It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan blasphemy case girl granted bail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Pakistan blasphemy case girl granted bail

www.bbc.co.uk

Her parents were taken into protective custody at an undisclosed location following threats, and many other Christian families fled the neighbourhood after her arrest.

If her bail payment is met, Rimsha is likely to be reunited with her parents, correspondents say.

There have been cases in Pakistan where people accused of blasphemy have been killed by vigilante mobs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
So she was granted bail, and will be released.. should her $10,000 bond be met. And this is after a local radical Imam was arrested and charged for planting the burned pages in the poor lass's bag. It's just absolutely shocking to me that we live in a world where this sort of thing still happens.

An innocent 14 year old child, beset upon by vigilantes, arrested for 'her own good' while other members of her oppressed minority community are forced to flee out of fear of being murdered. And all because of a personal vendetta a radical Islamic preacher had against this child's family.

The nation of Pakistan has a great deal to answer for. Blasphemy laws belong in the middle ages, as do, it seems, many of its citizens.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
People who think like this are an abomination. Under any gods eyes, under any creators eyes and under the eyes of any decent person.

An imagined god holds more weight than the life of a child to these soulless creatures.

These people prove to me there is no god, for if there was a god who truly loved his children, these selfish caricatures of religious folk would be struck down and turned to dust.

And if there is a god who does nothing, then this s no god I want to even hear about, let alone love unconditionally.

Makes me wish there was a parallel earth, where things like this don't happen and for some reason I've woken up in the wrong one... again.

edit on 7-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
What do you expect where the average IQ is probably under 70. A place where ancient text is more revered then math and science. Your gonna end up with a bunch of dumb people two generations from swinging in the trees.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I'm not convinced that there isn't a God. Nor am I convinced that there is one. I believe that whether or not God or god(s) exist is an inherently unknowable thing. Call me agnostic, call me a fence sitter, call it a theological cop-out. But it works for me.

When I was a kid, I had a religious experience, that feeling of euphoria and pure joy and love and warmth and everything good washing over you. I was sitting on a pew at a local church, and had just been declared 'Saved!' by a Pentecostal pastor, one of the nicest, kindest human beings I've ever known.

But as a rational thinking adult, I know that exactly that sort of 'religious' experience can be reproduced in a lab, and that is has a very real evolutionary function.

Not all religion is bad. Christianity, Islam, Judaism, what have you. People have done unspeakably horrible things in the name of all of them, but people have also done amazingly selfless, honorable things in their name too.

So it's safe to say that I'm of two minds on the topic of religion.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome
What do you expect where the average IQ is probably under 70. A place where ancient text is more revered then math and science. Your gonna end up with a bunch of dumb people two generations from swinging in the trees.

I'm really not sure that's true at all. I work with quite a few people from that country and they're incredibly smart and hard working, especially in some areas. Several are very much devoted to their religion and wouldn't think to question it but they are very smart.

Fairly certain the whole country isn't like this, and often economic and education factors are at play.

This appears to have happened in Mehrabadi.

Mehrabadi is a poor locality on the outskirts of Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan.[1][2] It has a mixed population that includes a substantial number of people from the country's Christian minority.[3] It is located near sector G-11 of the city.

Source

The fact it's a poor area in a country with a massive islamic population supports what am thinking a bit.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by wantsome

How ignorant, have you ever been to the place?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I'm not sure how that post was at all on topic.....

2nd line?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I'm even less sure how yours was.

Pot, kettle. Stones, glass houses. Et cetera.

I was replying to a previous poster's comment about 'an imagined God.' I feel that I was adding to the conversation, evidently you didn't see it that way. Nor did you feel that you should add to it, either.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Monger because: Typos

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
People who think like this are an abomination. Under any gods eyes, under any creators eyes and under the eyes of any decent person.

An imagined god holds more weight than the life of a child to these soulless creatures.

These people prove to me there is no god, for if there was a god who truly loved his children, these selfish caricatures of religious folk would be struck down and turned to dust.

And if there is a god who does nothing, then this s no god I want to even hear about, let alone love unconditionally.

Makes me wish there was a parallel earth, where things like this don't happen and for some reason I've woken up in the wrong one... again.

edit on 7-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

Well god exists but he shakes his head every day on the stupidety and dogma that we create in his name from my point of view and only teaches the ones that are ready. You are in between and are supposed to have your own ideas and views and figure it out for yourself. If you do not want to be spiritual then that is just fine in my book. But please follow the golden rule. It makes people nicer when they follow the golden rule as the highest law of behaving.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monger
I'm not convinced that there isn't a God. Nor am I convinced that there is one. I believe that whether or not God or god(s) exist is an inherently unknowable thing. Call me agnostic, call me a fence sitter, call it a theological cop-out. But it works for me.

When I was a kid, I had a religious experience, that feeling of euphoria and pure joy and love and warmth and everything good washing over you. I was sitting on a pew at a local church, and had just been declared 'Saved!' by a Pentecostal pastor, one of the nicest, kindest human beings I've ever known.

But as a rational thinking adult, I know that exactly that sort of 'religious' experience can be reproduced in a lab, and that is has a very real evolutionary function.

Not all religion is bad. Christianity, Islam, Judaism, what have you. People have done unspeakably horrible things in the name of all of them, but people have also done amazingly selfless, honorable things in their name too.

So it's safe to say that I'm of two minds on the topic of religion.

Everything has it explanation if you seek to understand it. That bliss/oneness/heat feeling is just kundalini chakra flow. To the ones who do not understand it it is magical and unknown and superstition
. To the one who have felt it for a couple of years it is just normality. At one time humans belived the earth was flat. I wonder what stupid things we think is true that is complete lies. We humans still do not openly tell the public how the pineal gland works if we know how it works. We have not even proved how our own bodies work and the secret tools it has?

top topics

join