It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must make equality for gays and lesbians a mainstream concern - Mitt Romney

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by longlostbrother

If Romney truly felt this way, he would have stated it, Moons ago.

Sorry, but im calling him a hypocrite, that is Pandering to capture votes.

You mean like he did 20 years ago?

Beyond his endorsement of gay rights back in 1994, Governor Mitt Romney's recently unearthed letter and interviews from that era show that he was making a political case for Republicans to back gay and lebisan causes.

Educate yourself so you dont look like a fool.
www.boston.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother

ding ding ding

What's that dinging sound? It sort of sounds like another person remaining wilfilly ignorant of the subject which they are the OP on. Yep, definitely what that sound is.

If we are to achieve the goals we share, we must make equality for gays and lesbians a mainstream concern. My opponent cannot do this. I can and will

That is from 1994. We have a loser, and congratulations you won!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

If we are to achieve the goals we share, we must make equality for gays and lesbians a mainstream concern.

-Mitt Romney

www.boston.com...

He also says, “I am more convinced now than ever before that as we seek to establish full equality for America’s gays and lesbians, I will provide more effective leadership than my opponent."

Another one of the many issues on which he has flip-flopped...
edit on 7-9-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

Mitt Romney has always been in support of equality for gays and lesbians, just not gay marriage, because he feels that marriages are part of the church - meanwhile gays can get the same benefits as marriage through civil unions.

It only took 3 pages for someone to actually have or look up the facts.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

Originally posted by darkbake
meanwhile gays can get the same benefits as marriage through civil unions.

Bull#.

It would cost my partner and I $3600 to have all the protections that you heteros have for free. And we ARE married in our state.
We went to a lawyer and that's what the bottom line would cost to have all your protections which are AUTOMATIC to you!!!!!!! How is THAT equal?

The only Bull# is you. You just made Romney's case for him!!!!! His case is that Obama has NOT been a leader for LBGT rights. that they pay $3600 for the protections heteros have for free. Romney wants to change that, he wants civil unions to convey ALL the same rights. So I am glad we are in agreement, Obama has done NOTHING for you. Romney has been wanting to help you since 1994. Imagine what would happen when a Republican President wants to help the LGBT community. Your hatred won't let you see that far of course. Keep voting the same and you will get the same. Don't bitch about your rights when you won't vote for the guy trying to help you.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
one day, we'll have equality for everyone.

as a line in the internationale says "freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjyed by one and all"

I don't buy the speil from policticians. Wether or not they believe what they say is irrelevent IMO. They'll say anything for votes, and that's what it's all about. Never trust them, they all have angles.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I believe in 1994 he was still not telling the truth. That is my opinion and I am sticking to it.

Of course, because it doesn't matter what the facts are you already made up your mind, facts be damned. Thank you for clarifying that.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Narrow mindedness? Yet they are here bashing Mitt Romney? Mitt Romney's statement was hardly narrow minded. Like I said, it is an axe, but it is not the one behind the glass marked, "Break in case of emergency." And is there not enough narrow mindedness in their neck of the woods?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
MITT ROMNEY ISNT HE IN BUSINESS WITH CHICK-FIL A???,,AND WHO NEED HIS PERMISSION ???AS FAR AS WE KNOW HE S AGAINST DIVERSITY,AND DENIES BEEN A HOMOPHOBIC....

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

You mean like he did 20 years ago?

Beyond his endorsement of gay rights back in 1994, Governor Mitt Romney's recently unearthed letter and interviews from that era show that he was making a political case for Republicans to back gay and lebisan causes.

Educate yourself so you dont look like a fool.
www.boston.com...

I did. Here you go.

“I don’t favor civil unions if it’s identical to marriage, and I don’t favor marriage between people of the same gender.” Mitt Romney

So again, WHAT group is he PANDERING too?

edit on 8-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
JUST FOR THE RECORD THE ONLY COUNTRY IN THE WORLD THATS HAS A PRIEST AS PRESIDENT IS THE VATICAN.........THE REST ARE JUST ACTORS,BECAUSE THE STATE AND THE CONSTITUTION MARKS DIFFRENT WAYS,IF YOU DESCRIMINATE A PERSON THAT IS HOMOSEXUAL, IN POLITICS ,IS LIKE GOING 60 YEARS BACK IN HISTORY.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Nevermind

edit on 9/8/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: remove post

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SepticSheepHerder
I find gay people to be immoral and disgusting. There, I said it. That's my opinion and right to think that way. Now attack me for voicing my opinion. I won't change my opinion so people on here will like me and agree.

Of course you can keep your opinion. I have no doubt that folks find certain things about you disgusting...but to have LAWS that treat you as a "lessor citizen" with truncated rights?...well I would stand beside you and fight if anyone ever told you that you had lessor rights because you found gay people disgusting...even though I disagree.

Why? Because those "equal rights" to be who you are ...those rights that say you may not be treated as a lessor citizen by your government for those opinions...those are my rights too...

If you don't get that...i can't help you.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If we are to achieve the goals we share, we must make equality for gays and lesbians a mainstream concern.

-Mitt Romney

www.boston.com...

He also says, “I am more convinced now than ever before that as we seek to establish full equality for America’s gays and lesbians, I will provide more effective leadership than my opponent."

Another one of the many issues on which he has flip-flopped...

And people were worried the status quo wouldn't be upheld! Y'all just need to relax. Why would Mitt just tell people what they want to hear? What would he possibly gain from doing that? People who didn't vote for Obama were also worried about the status quo- if you recall. I mean- he had some good vague rhetoric going on last time- only to turn around and uphold Bush policies like the Patriot Act and sign on to the NDAA, etcetera. Those folks who were his detractors just got bent out of shape over nothing.

So, you see, no matter the outcome it will be a case of 'meet the new boss- same as the old boss'.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

So what you have done is shown he has been consistent, he doesn't want gay marriage. He has come out and said he believes gay couples should indeed be granted rights, and it should be up to the states to decide that.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Lies lies lies yea

I don't believe a word that, well, I know they're lying when when their mouth are moving,

And what really cracks me up that people believe these clowns.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join