It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must make equality for gays and lesbians a mainstream concern - Mitt Romney

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SepticSheepHerder

Originally posted by longlostbrother

I find gay people to be immoral and disgusting. There, I said it. That's my opinion and right to think that way. Now attack me for voicing my opinion. I won't change my opinion so people on here will like me and agree.

I never always felt this way until I saw a few gay parades. My opinion is, gay parades are not about equal rights but more about "I'm here, I'm gay and i'm shoving it in your face so that you'll change your mind."

I find you to be a simple minded bigot. There, I said it. That's my opinion and right to think that way. Now attack me for voicing my opinion. I won't change my opinion so people on here will like me and agree.

I never always felt this way until I read your post. My opinion is, your comments are not about gay people but more about "I'm a close minded homophobe who is threatened by gay people."

Oh right, anyone who is against gay marriage is a homophobe. Do you realize how rare that phobia actually is?

Definition of homophobia:

Homophobia is a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). Definitions refer variably to antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, irrational fear, and hatred.

en.wikipedia.org...

You:

I find gay people to be immoral and disgusting.

Buy a dictionary.
edit on 7-9-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I find gay people to be immoral and disgusting. There, I said it. That's my opinion and right to think that way. Now attack me for voicing my opinion. I won't change my opinion so people on here will like me and agree.

I never always felt this way until I saw a few gay parades. My opinion is, gay parades are not about equal rights but more about "I'm here, I'm gay and i'm shoving it in your face so that you'll change your mind."

I find you to be a simple minded bigot. There, I said it. That's my opinion and right to think that way. Now attack me for voicing my opinion. I won't change my opinion so people on here will like me and agree.

I never always felt this way until I read your post. My opinion is, your comments are not about gay people but more about "I'm a close minded homophobe who is threatened by gay people."

Oh right, anyone who is against gay marriage is a homophobe. Do you realize how rare that phobia actually is?

Homophobia is a range of negative attitudes and feelings toward homosexuality or people who are identified or perceived as being lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender (LGBT). Definitions refer variably to antipathy, contempt, prejudice, aversion, irrational fear, and hatred.

en.wikipedia.org...

Buy a dictionary.

I wouldn't exactly equate wikipedia with a dictionary.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SepticSheepHerder

Well, this is your lucky day, then. This isn't an issue about you being able to voice your opinion. It's about same-sex partners being able to be recognized as married in the eyes of the law. This is about the federal government sticking it's big, ugly butt where it doesn't belong by defining what "marriage" means. No one has taken away your right to express your opinion but the government's legal definition of marriage has accomplished absolutely nothing but to oppress a group of people.

Let's hope they don't come after religion one day and try to make Christianity illegal. (not that that's ever gonna happen in MY lifetime lol) While it would make me smile a little, I would never, ever endorse it or vote for any law that would oppress any group of people for their lifestyle or belief or color of skin or what kind of car they drive or the music they listen to.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Buy a dictionary.

Merriam-Webster:

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA : irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

www.merriam-webster.com...

Dictionary.com

unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.

dictionary.reference.com...

Oxford English Dictionary:

Fear or hatred of homosexuals and homosexuality.

www.oed.com...

And just for you, the dictionary for kids:

irrational fear or dislike of or prejudice against homosexuality or homosexuals

www.wordcentral.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Buy a dictionary.

Merriam-Webster:

Definition of HOMOPHOBIA : irrational fear of, aversion to, or discrimination against homosexuality or homosexuals

Dictionary.com

www.oed.com...

www.wordcentral.com...

The key word there is IRRATIONAL. Your telling me, that by saying I think gays are disgusting and immoral, I have an irrational fear of them. Maybe you should look up irrational next.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

Buy a dictionary.

Merriam-Webster:

Dictionary.com

www.oed.com...

www.wordcentral.com...

The key word there is IRRATIONAL. Your telling me, that by saying I think gays are disgusting and immoral, I have an irrational fear of them. Maybe you should look up irrational next.

No.

I never said fear. The definitions aren't about JUST fear.

Maybe you need glasses?

Here's the words they use: aversion, antipathy, hatred, dislike, prejudice

here's the words you use, for all gay people: disgusting, immoral...

You're a homophobe. You may not be scared... but you have an aversion, a dislike an antipathy, a prejudice.

Textbook homophobia.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I guess I will never understand why anyone's sexual orientation is anyone else's business. I do not want to know what goes on behind the doors of another home. That is a private concern. What is so hard to understand about that?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
In a rational world, republicans would boycott romney if they actually had principles, not that gays are bad but it's their supposed biblical homophobia principles at stake here, but instead their homophobia takes a backseat to islamaphobia.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I guess you missed the part were I said I've been to a gay parade before. Would a homophobe do that? Do you not think logically? I said I changed my mind after witnessing what gay parades are really about.

en.wikipedia.org...

Buy a dictionary.

Merriam-Webster:

Dictionary.com

www.oed.com...

www.wordcentral.com...

No.

I never said fear. The definitions aren't about JUST fear.

Maybe you need glasses?

Here's the words they use: aversion, antipathy, hatred, dislike, prejudice

here's the words you use, for all gay people: disgusting, immoral...

You're a homophobe. You may not be scared... but you have an aversion, a dislike an antipathy, a prejudice.

Textbook homophobia.

Like I said, Ive been to a gay pride parade before. Would a homophobe do that? I changed my mind after I went and found out what those parades are really about.
edit on 7-9-2012 by SepticSheepHerder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yes, because the tanking economy and the bleeding of jobs out of our country just isn't important enough in comparison.

OH GOOD LORD SHOOT ME DOWN WITH LIGHTENING NOW PLEASE!!!!
edit on 7-9-2012 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That's not the point. He completely backpedaled on his video from earlier. If that's what he's like now, imagine what he's like then? Imagine what else he'll take back?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
As far as I know, based on past mentions, a great many of the members participating in this forum do not even live in the US...I find that curious and wonder what their axe is.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

My marriage has cost me a lot more than that...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Its scary how people put so much faith in a person to "do the right thing", yet before he has even taken office he has switched views on a range of subjects to get into the White House.

Do people voting for Mitt Romney, or Obama for that matter, believe once they become PotUS they will stand by their decisions made while campaigning?

I believe its just a big show, keeping people divided, so other people can take advantage of the world through the monetary system.

I could be wrong, but I believe there is more than enough proof. Call me crazy, but these are some crazy times we are living in where people are thrown under the bus so someone else can make a buck. Which at the end of the day is pretty useless in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood
I have an idea. Shut your mouth? If you dropped out of high school and the job hires you without asking for your education history, would you run and tell your boss that you dropped out? No because it's stupidity. People are going to HATE! It is human nature. If you don't want to deal with it then shut your mouth. It is not your right nor your duty as a gay American to change our minds. If people do not like gay people they have a right to not like gay people. Some people choose to be racist and guess what? It is legal to be racist in America.

Freedom of speech people. You do not deserve privilege for being white, black, gay, straight, male or female. You have a right to equality. Nothing more. Nothing less. It is never your right to limit my rights. It's that simple.

Why is it when you run your mouth it's freedom of speech but gays are supposed to keep their mouths shut and not use their freedom of speech. So how about you keeping your trap shut seeing how you think people shouldn't have equal rights. Your nothing but a hateful hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by totallackey
As far as I know, based on past mentions, a great many of the members participating in this forum do not even live in the US...I find that curious and wonder what their axe is.

People don't have to be from America to know narrow mindedness when they see it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
For Cryin' out loud! Who gives a Crap if SomeOne wants to be Gay. We all do NOT need to keep hearing about it, IMO. I like My Beer a certain way, I'm not gonna keep yellin' about it though. I may or may not like Pot, I don't think I need to keep voicing my opinion about it.
Do all Gays actually think we care about their preference? Do they keep cryin' just to make themselves feel better about their choice?
So 'They' came out of the closet. Who Really Gives a Schitt?!? Them, that's who. Why do they think we actually care?
I am White and becoming a minority here in the U.S. Should I start whining about it and Demand I get some Rights beacuse of it?! Man, I don't know.
Just Venting I guess......

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyxDaliGee
For Cryin' out loud! Who gives a Crap if SomeOne wants to be Gay.

Show me someone who WANTS to be gay.

Do all Gays actually think we care about their preference?

Birth orientation.

Do they keep cryin' just to make themselves feel better about their choice?

Ignorance.

I am White and becoming a minority here in the U.S.

Tiny violin.

Should I start whining about it and Demand I get some Rights beacuse of it?

Are you allowed to get Legally married or not?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I don't agree with you on many things, but Star for you Annee.

I dont understand people, who are just too damn ignorant, on this particular subject.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

If we are to achieve the goals we share, we must make equality for gays and lesbians a mainstream concern.

-Mitt Romney

www.boston.com...

He also says, “I am more convinced now than ever before that as we seek to establish full equality for America’s gays and lesbians, I will provide more effective leadership than my opponent."

Another one of the many issues on which he has flip-flopped...

Where is the flip flop? Show me where he has stated he is against equality.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join