learn more

Obama says Romney called Russia our 'No. 1 enemy'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

Last I checked Russian policies are set by the government. The "idiot" talked about geopolitical actions, and UN vetoes. Last I checked Russian citizens dont vote at the UN. Anyone can take something, twist it, and turn it into a soundbite. The question is whether that stands up to scrutiny of the truth. There is no way you can look at Romney's words and see anything except he is talking about Russian politicians.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Last I checked Russian policies are set by the government. The "idiot" talked about geopolitical actions, and UN vetoes. Last I checked Russian citizens dont vote at the UN. Anyone can take something, twist it, and turn it into a soundbite. The question is whether that stands up to scrutiny of the truth. There is no way you can look at Romney's words and see anything except he is talking about Russian politicians.

imagine if Putin call USA as enemy or foe#1 of Russia what would be reaction of american like?

Romney in interntional policy - like an elefant in china shop

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

N THE COUNCILS of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex.

The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

WE MUST NEVER let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes.

We should take nothing for granted.

en.wikisource.org...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

imagine if Putin call USA as enemy or foe#1 of Russia what would be reaction of american like?

If he called us thier number 1 enemy there should be backlash. Good thing Romney never said that. Romney said Russia is a geopolitical foe and tries to thwart American policies and interests at every turn. It's true. Maybe you like the Obama appeasement strategy where he wants to give them Aegis missile defense secrets for free, I do not. Romney was spot on, what did Romney say that is inaccurate.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

If he called us thier number 1 enemy there should be backlash. Good thing Romney never said that. Romney said Russia is a geopolitical foe and tries to thwart American policies and interests at every turn. It's true. Maybe you like the Obama appeasement strategy where he wants to give them Aegis missile defense secrets for free, I do not. Romney was spot on, what did Romney say that is inaccurate.

missile defense against whom? RF?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

N THE COUNCILS of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex.

The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist.

WE MUST NEVER let the weight of this combination endanger our liberties or democratic processes.

We should take nothing for granted.

en.wikisource.org...

Your greatest enemy is your military industrial complex that to keep their profits pulls you into military adventures constantly

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

missile defense against whom? RF?

Maybe you should do some research on what the Aegis Missile Defense is. Let's say we get into a war with China. China has no naval power, their only hope is their touted carrier killer missile. Our Aegis system is what protects our carriers, our carriers are our greatest force projection tool in existence. Giving a foreign nation inside information on the Aegis system makes us vulnerable to nuclear missile strikes as well as putting our navy in serious danger. It's like handing the keys to the kingdom to a foreign power.
edit on 12-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood

Originally posted by penninja
reply to post by RealSpoke

You know... skin color isn't the only indication of race, Russians are very unique in many ways and knowing quite a few Russians I don't think many of them would actually mind the classification as a race all their own.

Technically, there are only 3 races of mordern Humans. Asian, Caucasian (European), and Negro or Black. Everyone else has been mixed between those 3 races due to war, occupation, etc. There is no Latino, Jewish or Russian race.

Technically, there are no "races". That's bad science from the 19th century, that unfortunately is still used in the United States, while the rest of the world no longer uses that word "race".

There are ethnicities, not races.

If those "3 races" really existed, how would you classify the people of Papua New Guinea? And the people of Sri Lanka? And the Mayans from Central America?
edit on 13-9-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I can't believe they are really saying it:

Romney camp doubles down on Russia as “geopolitical foe”

TAMPA - Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was right when he called Russia America's "No. 1 geopolitical foe" and a Romney administration would confront Moscow on its poor record on democracy, human rights, and the rule of law, two top foreign-policy advisors to the GOP candidate said Tuesday.

"Russia is a significant geopolitical foe. Governor Romney recognizes that," Romney advisor Rich Williamson said at a Tuesday afternoon event hosted by the Foreign Policy Initiative. "That's not to say they are the same sort of direct military threat as they were."

Williamson, joined on the panel by top advisor Pierre-Richard Prosper, said that the Russian government under Vladimir Putin has made strategic opposition to the West and the United States in particular a premier plank of its agenda. A Romney administration would end the Russian "reset" and confront Russia on Syria, Georgia, Iran, and several other issues, he said.

direct source:

thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

If this guy becomes president, World War III is just a matter of months...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

You know... skin color isn't the only indication of race, Russians are very unique in many ways and knowing quite a few Russians I don't think many of them would actually mind the classification as a race all their own.

Technically, there are only 3 races of mordern Humans. Asian, Caucasian (European), and Negro or Black. Everyone else has been mixed between those 3 races due to war, occupation, etc. There is no Latino, Jewish or Russian race.

i know A LOT of people that would LOVE to disagree with you on that.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael

i know A LOT of people that would LOVE to disagree with you on that.

And A LOT of people would be wrong. We are not going off politically correct feel good statements here or some twisted (racist) sense of belonging to some "team". We are going by how these "races" (cultures) came to be. Can Mexicans have their own awesome culture? Of course. Can Mexicans be their own race of people? No because it doesn't make sense historically or physically.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra

Technically, there are no "races". That's bad science from the 19th century, that unfortunately is still used in the United States, while the rest of the world no longer uses that word "race".

There are ethnicities, not races.

If those "3 races" really existed, how would you classify the people of Papua New Guinea? And the people of Sri Lanka? And the Mayans from Central America?
edit on 13-9-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

I don't even like to use the word ethnicity because it really just means culture. To be honest we all came from Africa at some point so the entire argument is screwed up from the start. But you can't run around saying that every group of people living on the planet is their own race. Where does it end? Florida has it's own race of people, Texas is another race. And if a Floridian moves to Texas he becomes a new race called a Florixas? At the end of the day it's just political correctness and this uncontrollable fear of offending people. It's okay to be controversial if you're right.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

abcnews.go.com...

hmmm..apparently mr. putin does not care about how you all want to nit pick and take apart what rommney said or how it was 'mischaracterized' or what ever term we all want to use....putin knows what was meant...rommney put relations back 30 years and he's not even in office ..yet...

Russian President Vladimir Putin said today that Mitt Romney’s characterization of Moscow as the United States’ “number one geopolitical foe” has actually helped Russia

“The most important thing for us is that even if he doesn’t win now, he or a person with similar views may come to power in four years. We must take that into consideration while dealing with security issues for a long perspective,” he said, speaking after a meeting with Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic, according to Interfax news agency.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GLontra
I can't believe they are really saying it:

Romney camp doubles down on Russia as “geopolitical foe”

TAMPA - Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was right when he called Russia America's "No. 1 geopolitical foe" and a Romney administration would confront Moscow on its poor record on democracy, human rights, and the rule of law, two top foreign-policy advisors to the GOP candidate said Tuesday.

"Russia is a significant geopolitical foe. Governor Romney recognizes that," Romney advisor Rich Williamson said at a Tuesday afternoon event hosted by the Foreign Policy Initiative. "That's not to say they are the same sort of direct military threat as they were."

Williamson, joined on the panel by top advisor Pierre-Richard Prosper, said that the Russian government under Vladimir Putin has made strategic opposition to the West and the United States in particular a premier plank of its agenda. A Romney administration would end the Russian "reset" and confront Russia on Syria, Georgia, Iran, and several other issues, he said.

direct source:

thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

If this guy becomes president, World War III is just a matter of months...

Why can't you believe it? Tell me, who is a bigger foe when it comes to blocking US interests at the UN?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by clearmind

abcnews.go.com...

hmmm..apparently mr. putin does not care about how you all want to nit pick and take apart what rommney said or how it was 'mischaracterized' or what ever term we all want to use....putin knows what was meant...rommney put relations back 30 years and he's not even in office ..yet...

Russian President Vladimir Putin said today that Mitt Romney’s characterization of Moscow as the United States’ “number one geopolitical foe” has actually helped Russia

“The most important thing for us is that even if he doesn’t win now, he or a person with similar views may come to power in four years. We must take that into consideration while dealing with security issues for a long perspective,” he said, speaking after a meeting with Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic, according to Interfax news agency.

Relations have not been put back 30 years because all Russia does is obstruct US interests and demands concessions without giving any. We need a President who will tell it like it is, Russia needs to stop acting like they are our political foe.

Russia and America are like Democrats and Republicans. D and R do not consider themselves enemies to go to actual war with, but they do try to prevent the other parties agenda at every turn. Do you want actual relations? Then this needs to stop. Russia needs to get out of the Cold War mentality that they need to hurt America at every turn.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Q: Why is Obama so consumed with everything Romney says?
He always seems to be on the defensive too.
A: To deflect attention away from Libya, Egypt and the economy.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Here is a question, who just said Egypt is not an ally? Hint, some think of him as the messiah.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Here is a question, who just said Egypt is not an ally? Hint, some think of him as the messiah.

Was it the subject of this thread?
Or a desperate attempt to get people to look somewhere else?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wascurious

Was it the subject of this thread?
Or a desperate attempt to get people to look somewhere else?

Yes, the thread is about Romney's incompetence compared to Obama in foreign affairs. I have already displayed how the title is wrong, Romney never said that, and no one here has been able to cite what Romney said that was inaccurate. Now we have Obama flat out stating Egypt is not our ally. This of course followed with everyone going into overdrive to cover for Obama. So how is this not relevent?

Let's watch damage control in action.
Obama

I don't think that we would consider them an ally, but we do not consider them an enemy

Victoria Nuland (State Department Spokeswoman)

For the record, spokeswoman Victoria Nuland said, Egypt is considered a major non-NATO ally.

Now this is where it gets really good! You can see the full PR machine in motion.
Tommy Vietor (White House Spokesman)

'Ally' is a legal term of art. We don't have a mutual defense treaty with Egypt like we do with our NATO allies. But as the president has said, Egypt is long-standing and close partner of the United States, and we have built on that foundation by supporting Egypt's transition to democracy and working with the new government

The problem with that explanation is Obama used the terms "think" and "consider". If you are talking strict legal terms, consideration and thinking do not enter into it. Only when you think of ally in an abstract way does thinking and considering play a factor. Obama clearly is the one who lacks foreign affairs experience, not Romney.
www.foxnews.com...

Now I challenge you again, what exactly did Romney say that is wrong. I want his EXACT quote and facts that support why he is in error.
edit on 14-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Romney said what he said and you have not been able to show where the title of this thread is wrong. All you can do is try to make it about Obama. How far do you think that argument goes on people that are already unimpressed with Obama? It sure as hell does not fix Romney's poor statement.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join