It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says Romney called Russia our 'No. 1 enemy'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

it would be funny if it were not so sad

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
No. 1 enemy of America is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

OBAMA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The number one enemy of America (and all of humanity for that matter) is the international banking cartel.

They are also the ones who give America its power over the other nations.

The enemy has already won and most don't even realise that the war ever existed.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Romney never said Russia was our number one enemy.

This was taken out of context for a cheap sucker punch.

Both sides do this far too often, and to me, it detracts from the political process.

Great for speeches to your own party, though.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
America's #1 enemies are Americans themselves especially the Republicans. An unknown enemy inside the camp is 10 times more dangerous than one outside and known.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
Russia has oil, they also are making deals with China. Of course they are the enemy lol. I'm sure the olde Neo-cons have plans to invade Russia to get their oil.

That could describe Canada as well. We have oil, and China is our second largest trading partner.....

That aside, Russia is not an enemy anymore.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
Romney never said Russia was our number one enemy.

This was taken out of context for a cheap sucker punch.

Both sides do this far too often, and to me, it detracts from the political process.

Great for speeches to your own party, though.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 - 11:00 PM

TAMPA - Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney was right when he called Russia America's "No. 1 geopolitical foe" and a Romney administration would confront Moscow on its poor record on democracy, human rights, and the rule of law, two top foreign-policy advisors to the GOP candidate said Tuesday.

thecable.foreignpolicy.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Lets see,

The people who are blocking peace attempts in Syria,those people who have armed Iran for decades,those people who are currently giving Iran nuclear techinical "expertise", those people who have armed "terrorists" for decades.

Are not enemy number 1, alright then what the hell are they?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
DOes anyone have a link of Romney actually saying this. If it is out of context I'd like to see how he came to say it.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

only a madman or a racist may call the Russian enemies of Americans.

Did you even read your own article? Your article says Obama is a liar, Romney never called Russia our enemy.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Meh, what would one expect from a disciple of Reagan.
~Heff

I would expect more from a mod. The article the OP listed is all about Obama lying. Romney never said that. If you look at what Romney said, the man is clearly light years above Obama in foreign affairs.

Since no one in this thread is reading the article I will toss you all a bone.

"I'm saying in terms of a geopolitical opponent, the nation that lines up with the world's worst actors," Romney said. "Of course the greatest threat that the world faces is a nuclear Iran, and a nuclear North Korea is already troubling enough. But when these terrible actors pursue their course in the world and we go to the United Nations looking for ways to stop them ... who is it that always stands up with the world's worst actors? It's always Russia, typically with China alongside. And so in terms of a geopolitical foe, a nation that's on the Security Council that has the heft of the Security Council, and is of course is a massive nuclear power, Russia is the geopolitical foe."

In that piece, he never used the word "enemy" or "foe" to describe Russia. But he did depict it as an adversary and referred to its "intransigence."

He is 100% correct.

Without extracting meaningful concessions from Russia, (Obama) abandoned our missile defense sites in Poland. He granted Russia new limits on our nuclear arsenal. He capitulated to Russia's demand that a United Nations resolution on the Iranian nuclear-weapons program exclude crippling sanctions," Romney wrote. "Moscow has rewarded these gifts with nothing but obstructionism at the United Nations on a whole raft of issues. It has continued to arm the regime of Syria's vicious dictator and blocked multilateral efforts to stop the ongoing carnage there. Across the board, it has been a thorn in our side on questions vital to America's national security. For three years, the sum total of President Obama's policy toward Russia has been: ‘We give, Russia gets.’"

He is 100% correct.

Romney: "There's no question but that in terms of geopolitics -- I’m talking about votes at the United Nations and actions of a geopolitical nature -- Russia is the No. 1 adversary in that regard. That doesn't make them an enemy.

Let's look at that again.

That doesn't make them an enemy.

So Romney said the exact opposite of what Obama claims. More blatant lies by Obama because his record is so dismal he has no truth to stand behind.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

What does being a mod have to do with anything? Other than trying to aim for the low hanging fruit?

Oh, and I did read the article...

Our ruling

In his convention speech, Obama claimed threat Romney called Russia "our No. 1 enemy."

Romney didn’t use those exact words, but he did refer to Russia as "without question our No. 1 geopolitical foe." He said the Russians "fight for every cause for the world's worst actors" in a CNN interview. In a later interview, however, Romney softened his language, this time calling Russia our "No. 1 adversary" in terms of UN votes and emphasized it’s not an enemy of the kind launching missiles at American shores.

That’s an important clarification, but it’s worth noting that five months passed before Romney walked back his earlier remarks. Obama’s statement lacked that context but was still largely accurate about Romney’s original description of Russia.

We rate the statement Mostly True.

So, again, it's what one would expect of a disciple of Reagan.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I would expect a mod to have a quality post. Your post seems to agree with the OP in that Romney called Russia the enemy. Not only did he not do so, he went so far as to say they are NOT the enemy. What do you disagree with Romney about in the article?

ETA: As to the low hanging fruit, not my intention. I believe in leading by example. As a moderator people are going to look to you as a role model of posting on this website, not someone such as myself. If you can show me where you believe Romney was egregious in his remarks I will edit and withdraw the comment.
edit on 8-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
is this the future of america

global uprising against the nwo
martial law
resistance groups
mass religious deception

sounds like great sci fi story!
edit on 8-9-2012 by rambo1112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

Enjoyable movie.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

In my second post I quoted the sourced article which suggests that while the "number 1 enemy" statement is incorrect, the spirit of it is valid. So I, again, stand by my statement.

As for quality of posts? Nothing to do with me being a moderator or not. My opinions and thoughts are my own. One mans quality is another mans rubbish. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

My question was what was it that Romney actually said that you disagree with? They post comments where Romney explicitly states Russia is not an enemy, then exclaim Obama's claim of Romney calling Russia our #1 enemy is mostly true.

So look at Romney's actual statements. I posted several of them. What did he say that you disagree with.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Lets see,

The people who are blocking peace attempts in Syria,those people who have armed Iran for decades,those people who are currently giving Iran nuclear techinical "expertise", those people who have armed "terrorists" for decades.

Are you talking about all of us,Russians here?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Lets see,

No, the government that many Russians protested against.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Lets see,

No, the government that many Russians protested against.

but the idiot used word RUSSIA as foe#1 of USA instead of word russian government
and putin's propaganda perfectly uses that fact
edit on 8-9-2012 by leosnake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join