It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama says Romney called Russia our 'No. 1 enemy'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Obama says Romney called Russia our 'No. 1 enemy'

www.politifact.com

His opponent, Obama said, is "new to foreign policy" and will drag the country back into old conflicts.

"After all, you don't call Russia our No. 1 enemy -- not Al-Qaida, Russia -- unless you're still stuck in a Cold War mind warp," Obama said, alluding to Republican rival Mitt Romney.

We wondered if Romney really did say that Russia is public enemy No. 1.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/7/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
only a madman or a racist may call the Russian enemies of Americans .Hitler called all the Russian enemies of Germany only after the outbreak of war with Russia, and what will happen now? The Americans and the Russians will be killing each other?

remembering the "Canadian Bacon"
Old trick - to distract people's attention from the problems in the country artificially creating an image of an external enemy and encouraging militaristic hysteria in the country.

www.politifact.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9/7/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

only a madman or a racist may call the Russian enemies of Americans .Hitler called all the Russian enemies of Germany only after the outbreak of war with Russia, and what will happen now? The Americans and the Russians will be killing each other?

Look at MSM and see what they call Russia

They keep people thinking that the world is the same old place which should be is ruled by bipolarity.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
You're not the shiniest penny amirite?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by leosnake

only a madman or a racist may call the Russian enemies of Americans

I didn't know that Russians were a race of people.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You know... skin color isn't the only indication of race, Russians are very unique in many ways and knowing quite a few Russians I don't think many of them would actually mind the classification as a race all their own.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by penninja

You know... skin color isn't the only indication of race, Russians are very unique in many ways and knowing quite a few Russians I don't think many of them would actually mind the classification as a race all their own.

Technically, there are only 3 races of mordern Humans. Asian, Caucasian (European), and Negro or Black. Everyone else has been mixed between those 3 races due to war, occupation, etc. There is no Latino, Jewish or Russian race.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

That sounds like culture...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood

Technically, there are only 3 races of mordern Humans. Asian, Caucasian (European), and Negro or Black. Everyone else has been mixed between those 3 races due to war, occupation, etc. There is no Latino, Jewish or Russian race.

Technically sure, by the standards and classifications of scientists

There'd be some Latinos that would beg to differ tho lol for example... Quite a few Natives wouldn't take kindly to that classification either, Many a Polynesian... heck an argument could be made for Samoans by themselves, then there are the Maori... By shape of head appearance and decent Koreans as well as Mongolians could easily be considered....

You'd be correct... I just wouldn't argue with some Samoans about it lol, big, big boned fellows they are, quite unique, i'll take their word for it

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood

Technically sure, by the standards and classifications of scientists

There'd be some Latinos that would beg to differ tho lol for example... Quite a few Natives wouldn't take kindly to that classification either, Many a Polynesian... heck an argument could be made for Samoans by themselves, then there are the Maori... By shape of head appearance and decent Koreans as well as Mongolians could easily be considered....

You'd be correct... I just wouldn't argue with some Samoans about it lol, big, big boned fellows they are, quite unique, i'll take their word for it

Spain was largely occupied by northern Africans (mostly Muslims) for generations. Southern Italy (Sicily as an example) were also which is why southern Italians have, on average, darker features than northern Italians. Spain later expanded to North American as a super power of it's time and became "latino". Native (Americans?) are basically Asian.

What I'm trying to say here is that you have to look at the origin of a people (yes I know we all technically came from Africa, but we can atleast go back a few thousand years) to define them as a race or culture. Russian or Jewish people should be defined more by the term culture than by race or species. It doesn't take a scientist to look at history, it's just a foreign subject in modern society.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Meh, what would one expect from a disciple of Reagan.

Don't let yourselves be fooled though. Both Obama and Romney know who their number one enemy is. The increasingly discontent citizens of their own country. We are the people they are truly waging war upon and don't think for a second that they don't realize it.

Politicians are busily picking the pockets of a sleeping, drugged, distracted giant. Their biggest fear is that the giant will open it's eyes and see. The politics and all of this? Just panicked theatrical effects to try and keep those eyes from zeroing in on the truth.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Meh, what would one expect from a disciple of Reagan.

Don't let yourselves be fooled though. Both Obama and Romney know who their number one enemy is. The increasingly discontent citizens of their own country. We are the people they are truly waging war upon and don't think for a second that they don't realize it.

Politicians are busily picking the pockets of a sleeping, drugged, distracted giant. Their biggest fear is that the giant will open it's eyes and see. The politics and all of this? Just panicked theatrical effects to try and keep those eyes from zeroing in on the truth.

~Heff

This is exactly how Rome did it. Games and bread. More people watched the NFL season opener than the opening DNC. Keep the people occupied and it's working.. nobody cares about history or politics beyond mindless chants and grunts. But see the Romans were masters. This ruling class has no idea what it's doing. The people are waking up and they don't know what to do about it... so they make it worse by labeling the people their enemy. But as I said empires don't end in revolution because they usually collapse on themselves and nobody wins.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Untermensch (German for under man, sub-man, sub-human; plural: Untermenschen) is a term that became infamous when the Nazi racial ideology used it to describe "inferior people", especially "the masses from the East," that is Jews, Gypsies, and Slavic peoples including Poles, Serbs, Russians, Belarusians and partially the Ukrainians.[1][2][3]

from wiki

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It's a Psyop to cover a real battle going on right now.

The tiny country of Palau is going to the UN and use legal methods to hold world powers (US) accountable for their pollution/green house gasses.

Da guy in Palau who was doing this via the UN just got a visit by some masked men wielding machetes. Australia sent out doctors via chartered planes but didn't get there in time.

www.pbs.org...

Looks like Palaus legal attempt at the UN got stopped real quick like. We all know who the masked guys wielding the machetes are.....Palau's a reaaally tiny place.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by leosnake

Untermensch (German for under man, sub-man, sub-human; plural: Untermenschen) is a term that became infamous when the Nazi racial ideology used it to describe "inferior people", especially "the masses from the East," that is Jews, Gypsies, and Slavic peoples including Poles, Serbs, Russians, Belarusians and partially the Ukrainians.[1][2][3]

from wiki

Hitler was a madman and this is the danger present when you start describing every known culture as their own seperate race or, in this example, species.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
sometimes they come back

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by penninja

knowing quite a few Russians I don't think many of them would actually mind the classification as a race all their own.

Russian is a nationality, not a race. If a Chinese person migrates to Russia and becomes a citizen, they turn into Russians.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
please fix the link

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Russia has oil, they also are making deals with China. Of course they are the enemy lol. I'm sure the olde Neo-cons have plans to invade Russia to get their oil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join