It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you hit a blind man upside the head, would he see stars???? It has an answer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
If you hit a blind man upside his head will he see stars??

This was a long running joke at a job I had. The guy who asked it, the last time, I called him on the radio, and told him I have an answer. He came back with "This ought to be good..." I explained my answer to him, and he had no Idea I was really that smart. I just know alot bout the human body.... I would really like to hear what you all have to say!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

I dont think so. The lack of rods and cones is a lack of "stars"
I also guess in the case its a nerve problem there is no optic nerve to detect the free floating pieces.
edit on 7-9-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Depends on why they are blind, it depends on the condition of their retina.

On second thought, the retina might not matter, I think it could happen due to a shock to the occipital lobe which is what the retina sends signals to in order for you to interoperate what you are seeing. I think a blind person could see stars if their occipital lobe s functional.
edit on 7-9-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Depends completely on what kind of blindness the person suffers or what caused it. some possibly could, others would not be able to .

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
U guys are close, I will reply tomorrow with the answer!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepolish1

I know a different question.

How do you keep idiots in suspense?

I too shall answer, tomorrow

edit on 7-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by thepolish1

I know a different question.

How do you keep idiots in suspense?

I too shall answer, tomorrow

edit on 7-9-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

I can't wait to find out the answer... haha

I have always wondered how a person who is blind from birth dreams. I guess probably some kind of auditory dream?
edit on 7-9-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I can really feel the love in that reply...... got your attention......

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yes a blind man would see stars, that is if he dont have false eyes. Your eye is made up mostly of liquid, when that fluid has a jolt, that is what causes stars. Don't believe me... put the palms of your hands over your eyes, put pressure on it count 10or 15 seconds, take your hands off, keep your shut....what do you see???
edit on 7-9-2012 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I think it depends on wether his optical nerve still works, or not, at least I think that's what causes the "stars" when you get knocked on the head.

But I'm just speculating there.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think that if their brain is intact and they are just blind in the eyes then yes they will see spots if you hit them upside the head. The spots aren't originating in the eyes they are due to shock trauma to the optical centers of the brain. Not entirely sure but I think thats how it goes.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Depends on how blind they are. As one woman who was born blind and had an NDE where she could see said, when you are blind most people think you see blackness. She said, its not like that. You don't see at all, its nothing, you simply are missing that input system, you don't see anything, and its a concept very hard to understand.

top topics

join