It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Clinton Is Right: The Economy Really Does Do Better Under Democrats

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dutchmilpo

Kudos and thanks for the insight into the Netherlands.
So the tax tripled and the cost are still exploding? Just another reason that politics sucks, even in other places.

PERSONAL NOTE: Try the "Reply-To" button on the post you want to reply to, sends them a message and everything.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
1. Trickle down economics has never worked. Ever. It creates a deficit and increases debt for the next administration. Republicans have always done this. "Look I cut taxes and everyone was happy under a GOP administration!"...what they fail to mention is that it takes years for the negative effects to take hold. Case in point....right now. Also, Reagan was a dóuchebag plain and simple.

2. Time and time again, companies who were given tax breaks under republican presidents did NOT reinvest into new jobs and the country's well being...they saved. Because they are conservative and profit is the bottom line. "Tax breaks? Oh great...that makes for a fatter profit margin!"

I've voted republican in the past and am a social conservative but the GOP is full of clowns and greedy degenerates who care more about the top income bracket than what is best for the country as a whole. I will be voting for Obama in November. I don't agree with much of his social ideology but, he is the better choice on election day.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

“Moreover, I want to clarify that my Administration will not authorize the indefinite military detention without trial of American citizens. Indeed, I believe that doing so would break with our most important traditions and values as a Nation. My Administration will interpret section 1021 in a manner that ensures that any detention it authorizes complies with the Constitution, the laws of war, and all other applicable law.”

Ha! And you actually believe this? I'm sure Brandon Raub isn't buying that line of b.s.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective
1. Trickle down economics has never worked. Ever. It creates a deficit and increases debt for the next administration. Republicans have always done this. "Look I cut taxes and everyone was happy under a GOP administration!"...what they fail to mention is that it takes years for the negative effects to take hold. Case in point....right now. Also, Reagan was a dóuchebag plain and simple.

Reagan was a douchebag, but if you read my other posts in this thread, I have demonstrated with facts, that apparently no one cares to refute, that supply-side economics works given circumstances and time.

Care to back this statement up with some numbers?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

2. Time and time again, companies who were given tax breaks under republican presidents did NOT reinvest into new jobs and the country's well being...they saved. Because they are conservative and profit is the bottom line. "Tax breaks? Oh great...that makes for a fatter profit margin!"

I've voted republican in the past and am a social conservative but the GOP is full of clowns and greedy degenerates who care more about the top income bracket than what is best for the country as a whole. I will be voting for Obama in November. I don't agree with much of his social ideology but, he is the better choice on election day.

Funny how you mention - deficits & national debt-.

Wow! Obama has had $1 Trillion + deficits for 4 years!

The National Debt shot up $5 Trillion in only 4 years. It's not working out too well.

Obamas economic policies have failed. Just ask any college graduate.

They are trading in their caps and gowns for mops!

They are joining the ranks of the underemployed.
- Marketwatch Report - College Grads

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

edit on 8-9-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: typo

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

The National Debt shot up $5 Trillion in only 4 years. It's not working out too well.

And that was by pure magic? God saw that a democrat was in office and congress approved massive spending out of thin air? You are dense if you selectively choose to ignore the failing market as he took office and the debt that took hold before the administration had pushed for any new legislation. The massive debt and spending were a DIRECT result of the catastrophic policies of the previous administration. The Bush handling of the economy created a domino effect that is still affecting us. Take the blindfold off and try to use some common sense.

Cause and effect.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod

Umm, that's not correct.

Senate vote for NDAA in Senate

I'm very correct.

May of this year the house tried to strike down the Indefinite detention clause.

the House voted down the Smith-Amash amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which would have prohibited the government from indefinitely detaining U.S. citizens without trial. A vote of 182-237 struck down the bipartisan Amendment that Adam Smith (D-Wash.) and Justin Amash (R-Mich.) introduced. Only 19 Republicans, compared to 163 Democrats, supported the bill.

This was a Republican initiative which they tried to pin on Obama in the news media.

However, when you look at the vote, less than 7% of GOP decided to amend, the vast
majority of Democrats voted to amend.

edit on 8-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Addressing previous conflict with the Obama Administration regarding the wording of the Senate text, the Senate-House compromise text, in sub-section 1021(d), also affirms that nothing in the Act "is intended to limit or expand the authority of the President or the scope of the Authorization for Use of Military Force". The final version of the bill also provides, in sub-section(e), that "Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States." As reflected in Senate debate over the bill, there is a great deal of controversy over the status of existing law.[16]

An amendment to the Act that would have replaced current text with a requirement for executive clarification of detention authorities was rejected by the Senate.[26]

According to Senator Carl Levin, "the language which precluded the application of section 1031 to American Citizens was in the bill that we originally approved in the Armed Services Committee and the Administration asked us to remove the language which says that US Citizens and lawful residents would not be subject to this section".[27] The Senator refers to section 1021 as "1031" because it was section 1031 at the time of his speaking.

Source

Okay I think your missing this fact and the fact that they ALL supported it's passing UNTIL the media gave it a little attention. Then bam! Demos said: "Let's try to amend it only in the House for political theater."

Gotta start reading between the lines, yo.
edit on 8-9-2012 by thesungod because: Deleted my weird .

edit on 8-9-2012 by thesungod because: Forgot my source too, geez I'm bad today

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

Thought it was rather obvious, but sorry:

Going by twisted logic like this 9/11 was Clinton's fault for the defense cuts he made 97.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

And that was by pure magic? God saw that a democrat was in office and congress approved massive spending out of thin air? You are dense if you selectively choose to ignore the failing market as he took office and the debt that took hold before the administration had pushed for any new legislation. The massive debt and spending were a DIRECT result of the catastrophic policies of the previous administration. The Bush handling of the economy created a domino effect that is still affecting us. Take the blindfold off and try to use some common sense.

Cause and effect.

That won't work. The American people want solutions not excuses.

Winners lead. Losers blame others.

-----------
Obama has no solutions only - more empty promises and rhetoric -.

It's over.

368,000 people giving up is a disgrace. The next job report will be even worse.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Heh, indeed.
I've got a few posts in this thread is all. I forgot about my twisted logic comment!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Addressing previous conflict with the Obama Administration regarding the wording of the Senate text, the Senate-House compromise text, in sub-section 1021(d), also affirms that nothing in the Act "is intended to limit or expand the authority of the President or the scope of the Authorization for Use of Military Force". The final version of the bill also provides, in sub-section(e), that "Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States." As reflected in Senate debate over the bill, there is a great deal of controversy over the status of existing law.[16]

An amendment to the Act that would have replaced current text with a requirement for executive clarification of detention authorities was rejected by the Senate.[26]

According to Senator Carl Levin, "the language which precluded the application of section 1031 to American Citizens was in the bill that we originally approved in the Armed Services Committee and the Administration asked us to remove the language which says that US Citizens and lawful residents would not be subject to this section".[27] The Senator refers to section 1021 as "1031" because it was section 1031 at the time of his speaking.

Source

Okay I think your missing this fact and the fact that they ALL supported it's passing UNTIL the media gave it a little attention. Then bam! Demos said: "Let's try to amend it only in the House for political theater."

Gotta start reading between the lines, yo.
edit on 8-9-2012 by thesungod because: Deleted my weird .

edit on 8-9-2012 by thesungod because: Forgot my source too, geez I'm bad today

That is a massive cop out and deep down you know it.

You do not have to lie to yourself.

If you want me to to start sourcing the laws created last decade, you will see that the GOP
was the force pushing and passing the majority of these national security measures.

There is ample evidence to link the GOP with this form of government expansion.

If you genuinely want to be a better citizen and you actually believe what you just typed,
I think you need to hit the books or check out the archives here on ATS.
edit on 8-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

So since I refuted you with facts I'm lying and copping out?

If you want me to to start sourcing the laws created last decade, you will see that the GOP was the force pushing and passing the majority of these national security measures.

There is ample evidence to link the GOP with this form of government expansion.

We weren't discussing this topic. I agree with you here, but again wasn't the topic being discussed.

If you genuinely want to be a better citizen and you actually believe what you just typed, I think you need to hit the books or check out the archives here on ATS.

You wanna know a little about me before you begin calling into question my status as good citizen or bad citizen? Try reading this My ATS intro thread.

And as for the books? You wanna see some pics of my personal library? Maybe academic diplomas? Or how about my school transcripts? Unlike Obama I don't hide mine. I'm proud of my 3.87 GPA.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

well said...

Obama for the win!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

And refuted, but let's ignore that part.

Obama for the finishing blow.
Romney for the continued cripple.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

So since I refuted you with facts I'm lying and copping out?

Do you know the difference between fact and opinion?

the House voted down the Smith-Amash amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which would have prohibited the government from indefinitely detaining U.S. citizens without trial. A vote of 182-237 struck down the bipartisan Amendment that Adam Smith (D-Wash.) and Justin Amash (R-Mich.) introduced. Only 19 Republicans, compared to 163 Democrats, supported the bill.

Republicans voted to keep indefinite detention.

You claimed that the Democrats voted to get rid of NDAA
As a political stunt.

That is an opinion and a laughable opinion at that.

If the GOP opposed the measure they would have voted
It down. It is pretty simple...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

That won't work. The American people want solutions not excuses.

Winners lead. Losers blame others.

You are doing far more blaming than leading.

I ain't sayin' it. I don't have to.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

how about false flag attacks? any statistics about that?

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia

Obama for the win!

how about less bombing of innocent pakistani "middle class"?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join