It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Expericed this????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is a side step of what I'd like to know. BUT, How many people dream in color??? My mom told me she dreams in black and white.(I think it has something to do with Televisions being black and white in her day??) I dream in color,and 9 times out of ten, I have no clue of who is in my dream. Never met the people in my life. And I can see from different perspectives. I can see what is going on from either someones perspective in the dream, or it's like I am a spectator watching from above everyone.

Now, I have heard somewhere the when people dream like that, they are astral projecting??? Can Anyone relate to what i'm saying??

Now to the main reason for this post(hopefully someone can tell me what this is??) As a child, I was odd...No doubt. But I had a dream, like someone was coaching me on how to do to do this.(have no idea who it was...) But I had to concentrate real hard, and I could shrink myself down to fit through 1 square of the screen on the door. But that is not the kicker, when I shrunk myself down, it was like I was really, really buzzed. Kinda hard to describe it. I know I was really excited I could do that, cuz I didn't want to open the screen door. Don't ask, I was like 4 years old.

So, anyone experience this??? Ever??? I hope to hear some similar stories. I have a few more posts about dreams, but it is late, and I need to go Bibby-bye.... Nite-Nite

edit on 6-9-2012 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Dream in color. I've heard that question before, but I'll be damned if I know the answer. Even when I remember my dreams--which is not that often--I still couldn't say whether they're in color or not.

As for the rest of your experiences: None of that's familiar. But I would posit that people's relationships with their dreamworlds are as different as the individual. In other words: If it makes sense to you--then it makes sense....

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

For me being a pollock, it makes sense.....but, it was weird..........

oh boy!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Im very interested in seeing replies to this thread. I always dream in color, I have always been under the impression that this is the norm. But I really don't discuss my dreams with others unless its really crazy or involve that person. I usually just keep them to myself and reflect on them. I dont really dream from other perspectives but in my dreams I can see myself but I am still experiencing the dream from my perspective. I have been trying to go lucid for a while but im so immersed in to my dream world I usually go along with whatever is happening. This is how I experience my dreams I hope others comment.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kingtr3y

I thank you for your reply, and yes, I can't wait to see what everyone else has to say!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
As a fellow pollock, I really can't say whether or not I dream in color (or b&w). But, when I too was around 4 or 5, I had a similar dream to yours wherein I, too, shrunk myself. It went on to having a particular smell that I cannot really describe but which I have smelled a few times in my life (and could not determine a source or even if it was a real scent or just my imagination) and it triggers the same "buzzed," or high feeling from the dream you describe. That original dream also included me thinking about moving or shaping an object. It was like a version of the old VR remote manipulating software we had back in the late '80s/early '90s but with really good graphics.
There was some point to me moving and shaping the object in my mind; like a test or something and there was someone there with me, watching and helping or something. This is one of three dreams that I remember in my life (but this one I only had once, the other two are more like scenarios or places that have remained the same from the time I was little until now). Usually I don't remember my dreams for very long after waking.
I remember when I woke up from this dream, it was dinnertime and I was starving but all I wanted to do was get back to that dream, that feeling and that smell. Weird. I tried to go back to sleep but my mom came in my room at some point and she made me come to dinner.
I really only have two types of dreams. The usual ones are just confusing, disjointed and seemingly senseless montage type dreams. I'll remember those when I first wake up but they quickly fade and I forget them.
The second type involve recurring places and familiar (in the dream at least- they are, as far as I know, not real or familiar to me in my real life) people and situations. I always feel great and happy in these places/situations and love being with the people in those dreams. I always remember these dreams even long after waking. I also hate waking up from these dreams and feel like I wish they could be my real life. I'll just lay in bed upon waking from these dreams, thinking about them. But, one really strange thing is that if I try to think too hard on any details, it becomes more difficult to remember anything about it. It's like I can lay there and vividly recall broad subjects in the dream or the main plot of what happened but trying to concentrate on any details kills the good feeling I get from the dreams.
Having typed all that out it seems really strange. I never really thought too much about it until your thread. I think I'm gonna look into these dreams a bit more (if I can).

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by thepolish1

I've always dreamt in colour and there is a whole "science" behind interpreting dreams based on colours you see in them... do a search on dream dictionary to see!

You've made me wonder whether the state of colour or B&W in dreams is related to how "open" or active one's Pineal gland is... "Ponders".

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelSciHistItSufi

You've made me wonder whether the state of colour or B&W in dreams is related to how "open" or active one's Pineal gland is... "Ponders".

What are you trying to say?!?!!??

My penile gland is just fine, thank you!!!!

Oh, wait... "pineal"...

Nevermind.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RelSciHistItSufi

Very good question??? I don't know...all I know is I have always been different. But that is for another thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

35FoxTrot..... U are a riot......at least I've found someone that has a good sense of humor!! I got a couple of jokes if you want to hear them, pm me, and I'll pm you back. What is the polish national tree??? I'd also like to say Thank You for sharing your dream. Maybe it is a polish thing!?!?!?

edit on 7-9-2012 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

I have always dreamed in color. It varies if the people in my dreams are people I know or people I don't know- sometimes it's both.

Don't know about astral projection or shrinking though.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Colour - YES

I dream of snakes a lot. they are always coloured. Even had the mystical rainbow serpent in a dream once.

Would not doubt for a second that the more profound coloured dreams are in fact astral joutneys, not mundane dreaming.

Peace

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
It came to me as a surprise when I first heard, that many people never see colors in their dreams. I ususally dream in color, but they vary a lot. I´ve had very dark dreams often too - like it´s not just black-white, but it´s too dark to see colors properly. I´ve had very colorful dreams and I´ve had dreams with different combinations of colors. Like white and red or light blue and white (very beautiful) and often some color dominates.
Changing perspective is also familiar, but I don´t remember changing size. I often see things in different perspectives though - trough my own eyes, then I stand beside myself, then see things through someone elses eyes, then on the screen, from abow etc. I don´t know is it related with astral projection. I don´t sense this in that way, it´s always been natural part of my dreams.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I have never experienced what you are describing, but I've had dreams that border vision like. Dreams that give me information. For example, just this morning, I had a dream that two guys were conspiring to get something from another guy, and when the other guy confronted them, they poured acid, and I don't know how they were able to pull this off, but hot lava on the man. At first I was seeing the dream through the eyes of the victim, until he was killed.

At that point, I was hovering over the two guys, and they were talking about how someone witnessed the killing. Then all of a sudden, I was viewing the dream from the view of the eyewitness who was fleeing from the two men. The eyewitness exited the building and upon exiting, he was shot in the back three times, and then in the head. He fell to the floor, and then my perspective switched to a kid on a bike who witnessed it. And from that point on, he rode his bike, trying to escape the murderous nature of the two criminals. The location was some low income project housing in Philly I think, that's all I remember.

Then right before I woke up, I heard something yelling my ear: "Royal Meridien". I was like what the hell is this? Whatever. So I woke up and googled Royal Meridien, and got a Hotel in Dubai named Le Royal Meridien.

Also had I dream of a boy being abducted in a red pick up truck. I even saw the license plate number, but by the time I woke up, I couldn't remember it.. That one pissed me off because I really wanted to remember the license plate number.

Another dream gave me an address: 1522 Gray St. To this day, I don't know what the hell it means lol.

So yeah, I get dreams like this every other night, or every couple of days.

Oh... and I dream in color. Vivid colors.
edit on 8-9-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2012 by Q2IN2Y because: spelling errors

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I definitely dream in color, without a doubt. I've been able to recall exactly what colors of a house, place, or thing I've seen in my dreams were. I know I've seen the color purple, a vibrant beautiful purple flame in my dreams several times. I've been able to recall the paint on a house being blue or green, I recall seeing my father who has passed away pulling up in a silver and red bronco like vehicle.

So, I can say from my viewpoint it's very much possible and beautiful too.

edit on 8-9-2012 by Gumerk because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

I had nothing better to do so I "Googled" the address you gave from your dream.

I don't know if you had tried this but, you would be surprised how many such places there are and how many are vacant lots.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

I can relate to that, I can see from different peoples perspective, or I can watch from above. I can also see myself like a movie, then I jump back to myself, It's weird.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Q2IN2Y

Man, you sound like you have nightmares...wow...I'm sorry, But I like your input. Isn't it strange that you can switch perspectives from person to person?? The mind is a powerful thing.

top topics

join