It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has December 21st 2012 has already come and gone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Hello all. My first post in this part of ATS.

I just came across this picture earlier today.

I've never thought of it this way before.

Does the 21-12-12 date, as derived from the Mayan Calender factor in the leap years? Or is the information in that picture wrong?

While I'm somewhat curious about the big day, I am no expert on the Mayan calender. But surely the Mayans did not include the extra days in their calender.

Discuss.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Well, the Mayans never factored in the leap years and never said Dec. 21, 2012. That conclusion was brought about by calculating how many years from the beginning of their calendar and correlating it to the current calendar.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

What happened seven months ago?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have come to think that Mayan based their count on a calendar on solar events ... December 21 2012 is what day of the Gregorian calendar this day that the Mayans been trying to convey falls on.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Remember all that crazy stuff last year? And Ophiucus returned? Welcome to reality...sleeping through the apocalypse
...go wake a few more people when you get a sec...things get really crazy in the next few years...but not much longer and it will come together...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
In astrology the beginning is Aries Mar.21+...so just before Mar.21st last year(Ides of March interestingly)...was there a quake that could have or still might signal a major end to things?

Have you considered we are in the 21st century yet we will not use 2100 till we are through? We are in 2013...and we announce it afterwards....apocalypse's are strange things...if I told you this process of disharmony began in 84 would it start to make more sense to you?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Drala

Oh ya...and that also means...its the age of aquarius now...but the sun is just peaking above the horizon

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
the mayan count has nothing to do with our calendar, the hypothesis takes the time "researchers" believe the calendar is pointing to and puts it in our "Gregorian" form, December 21st at 11:11 is the time of the winter solstice and that's what some researchers believe the calendar is referring to. if the calendar were moved forward a month it could just as easily be the date november 21st 2012, regardless of what we call the month though it is referring to the same astrological event.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drala
In astrology the beginning is Aries Mar.21+...so just before Mar.21st last year(Ides of March interestingly)...was there a quake that could have or still might signal a major end to things?

Have you considered we are in the 21st century yet we will not use 2100 till we are through? We are in 2013...and we announce it afterwards....apocalypse's are strange things...if I told you this process of disharmony began in 84 would it start to make more sense to you?

To further that Mar.21 is beginning...think about Oct...in October...or Sept..in September...are they really the 9th and 10th or 7th and 8th....Are you willing to familiarize yourself with basic Latin?

Gregory was quite a fellow...
edit on 9/7/2012 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
the mayan count has nothing to do with our calendar, the hypothesis takes the time "researchers" believe the calendar is pointing to and puts it in our "Gregorian" form, December 21st at 11:11 is the time of the winter solstice and that's what some researchers believe the calendar is referring to. if the calendar were moved forward a month it could just as easily be the date november 21st 2012, regardless of what we call the month though it is referring to the same astrological event.

Greg had 3-4 mathematicians working on that one without the use of modern computers...

The ancients use planetary alignments that repeat like a clocks gears...Orion and Ophiucus...the clock has already begun chimming....in cosmic terms it does not happen over night...but last year was when the zodiac bumped...we begin to receive energy from another area in space...literally a sun is rising...the serpent bearer...

Have you not felt the changes your whole life...look around...its a different world and we are lucky to be waking up now...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It doesn't really matter when the leap year was introduced, because the Earth took 365.25 days to orbit the sun regardless of when Man acknowledged it (at least in human history, days have got longer over time). So this calculation is flawed.

It doesn't matter anyway, there's nothing significant about that date.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
One last contribution though...I am not ruling out more major quakes this fall into next year...but the cosmic tide the were watching has started to change direction. Johan Calleman called the end Oct.28th 2011 based on the Mayan Calendar...no 100% figure out there, so the changes have been happening and will continue to happen is the best perspective I have found so far

Along with stay positive, learn to love your fellow man and wait for the Bearded White Man from the North

edit on 9/7/2012 by Drala because: grammar nazi fear

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I have used that explanation for years to explain to people that the hype about that date is all for nothing. From our perspective, using the Julian Calendar (more correctly the Gregorian Calendar), December 21, 2012 has not happened yet. But, from the perspective of the Mayan Calendar, it happened a while back. But, people don't listen to things like that. They like to believe the more exciting version.
edit on 7-9-2012 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89

exactly, the mayan calendar was never referring to the "time" of Dec.21st 2012, but rather the event of that day. Which is the sun aligning with the dark rift or center of the galaxy. This is what the calendar was all about. It was never about a date.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I have it on good authoratah that we've got a long way to go yet.

I mean, you never know.

Ps yeah I don't think the mayans were counting on us inventing a new calendar to number their days, so it would be that we're using their calendar as a basis and when their calendar runs out, only to start again, it's about where we've calculated it to be, but on our calendar.

if you understand that... there's your blown mind!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdontknowme
exactly, the mayan calendar was never referring to the "time" of Dec.21st 2012, but rather the event of that day. Which is the sun aligning with the dark rift or center of the galaxy. This is what the calendar was all about. It was never about a date.

But dec 21 2012 is just when their calendar ends. Not the galactic alignment signalling the end of all life on earth as we know it.

If the mayans had simply made a 12 month calendar, instead of one that goes on for thousands of years, they'd just pop out to k-mart and buy a new one... not expect the world to blow up because the calendar ends!

Not only this, but people have found mayan mural that indicates there may be 17 baktuns, and we're expecting the world to end at the end of the 13'th.

In addition to a still vibrant scene of a king and his retinue, the walls are rife with calculations that helped ancient scribes track vast amounts of time. Contrary to the idea the Maya predicted the end of the world in 2012, the markings suggest dates thousands of years in the future.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Well, the Mayans never factored in the leap years and never said Dec. 21, 2012. That conclusion was brought about by calculating how many years from the beginning of their calendar and correlating it to the current calendar.

I think that post I just quoted sums it all up and closes the case for the thread..(thanks for your words of wisdom excellent)

Theres only 105 days remaining until this infamous date. So soon we will all know once and for all.

but there is an overwhelming amount of evidence some significant event will happen this year and around
DECEMBER 21st 2012

People can deny it all they want but the return of the "gods", and the beginning and or WWIII will happen this year. It will definitely be the beginning of the end (and when I say end I don't mean everything ends, just the world as you know it)
I know I'm not the first to say it, but I just want to go on record saying it will happen.

WILL YOU BE READY?:

Will you look like this
on that day or this

The choice is yours

edit on 7-9-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: wouldn't you like to know

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

the mayans would not have had leap year as their calendar would have been based on lunar month (the proper month). the mayan calendar also never stated that in 2012 the world will end or anything of the sort, that calendar was to show the end of an age or aeon. the bible also has a similar misinterpretation, where aeon was mis-intrepreted as end of time, but again, it was only refering to the end of an age. cant quite remember how an "age" is defined, procession of the stars had something to do with it from what i remeber, about 2500 years or something like that, will need to check.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by youdontknowme

But dec 21 2012 is just when their calendar ends. Not the galactic alignment signalling the end of all life on earth as we know it.

If the mayans had simply made a 12 month calendar, instead of one that goes on for thousands of years, they'd just pop out to k-mart and buy a new one... not expect the world to blow up because the calendar ends!

Not only this, but people have found mayan mural that indicates there may be 17 baktuns, and we're expecting the world to end at the end of the 13'th.

In addition to a still vibrant scene of a king and his retinue, the walls are rife with calculations that helped ancient scribes track vast amounts of time. Contrary to the idea the Maya predicted the end of the world in 2012, the markings suggest dates thousands of years in the future.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

I suggest you do a bit more research, there is a significant astrological event on that day.

www.infinitelymystical.com...

and yes I'm aware of them finding another calender that goes past 2012. They happened to find it THIS YEAR. How convenient.

They also found another mayan calendar this year that confirms something significant happens on Dec. 21st 2012 but dismissed it.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join