It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 Most Useless Body Parts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

There are no useless body parts. Just incomplete knowledge.

In responce to being able to remove parts of the body: we aren't airplanes and we need to survive even grievous injuries. Otherwise we would die way too easily.

The earlobes might seem useless, but you can use them to your advantage, for example you pull down on them softly to relieve and stretch the muscles near the ear.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human

Nipples..theres another one,why do men have nipples?

So women can nibble on them during "play time"

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Most of the article, I could agree with...but one statement made me think that, there may not be a lot of scientific knowledge here...

Adenoids are masses of lymphoid tissue that are located at the very back of the nose. These tissues are part of the immune system and trap bacteria that can cause viruses. However, they only provide a strong defense against bacteria that is inhaled. As you grow, your adenoids shrink, which makes them useless. They are only helpful when you are a child. Read more: www.toptenz.net... Read more at www.toptenz.net...

"To trap Bacteria that can cause viruses"...now really? What idiot wrote that statement.

Now, the whole article is in question!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
A lot of nonsense. There are no parts on a human that useless. The closest is the wisdom teeth that are an added good thing if our diet goes plants only for an extended time. For years the appendix was considered of no use until they found out that it is a repository for "good bacteria" for the gut so that after an illness that kills the bacteria the body has a source of good bacteria to repopulate the gut. It has been proven again and again that people with a healthy appendix recover faster after surgery. No, there are no useless parts just those that the reason is not known yet.

edit on 7/9/12 by remembering because:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
an occultist told me the tonsils are for breathing under water. i have none

No water?
I know, OT. Delete.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by remembering

I completely agree with your post,star 4 you

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
So, these people would design a skull without any voids like sinuses? must be quite heavy but now i know where the term 'bonehead' comes from.

it's also worth noting that a facial fracture doesn't necessarily involve the brainpan, which would undoubtedly be the case without voids.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Ever try and breath when your sinus are clogged? I think sinuses are important. Funny thing is I started getting chronic sinus infections after my adenoids were removed. My sinning voice also went down hill after that.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This is my very first day on ATS and also my very first post
Hello!! I'd like to nominate facial hair as most pointless body part. If men have to grow it, why don't women? I know it's hormone related, but what's the purpose? Did our ancient male ancestors stick a few tasty morsels in their bushy beards (sort of like an easily portable picnic basket) when they went on hunting trips? Or are women's faces just meant to be colder for some freaky reason?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Pinkie finger, other than being the perfect size for picking your nose, it`s completely useless and redundant.
everything we do can be done just as well with just a thumb and the other 3 fingers, sorry pinkie finger you`re obsolete you gotta go.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

There are a lot of guitar chords you can't play without a pinkie! And I wouldn't be able to crochet either. I'm keeping my little fingers thank you.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

The Question that really intrigues me is why do men have nipples? The first link you gave us regarding the "top 10 most useless body parts" presented an answer stating that they must clearly be used as decorations, seeing that there is no point of them whatsoever I would not argue.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

try cutting it and see how your hand gets wobbly and you lose grip.
it's there for balance of the whole hand structure, much like a feline's tail.

you mean to tell me you don't stick you pinky upwards when having a sip of tea, sir?

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by mnemosyne
This is my very first day on ATS and also my very first post
Hello!! I'd like to nominate facial hair as most pointless body part. If men have to grow it, why don't women? I know it's hormone related, but what's the purpose? Did our ancient male ancestors stick a few tasty morsels in their bushy beards (sort of like an easily portable picnic basket) when they went on hunting trips? Or are women's faces just meant to be colder for some freaky reason?

Get rid of your facial hair if you want to, but I'm keeping mine, thank you very much! If you've never grown a beard, you just can't understand.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I think they were just plain wrong about some of those parts. But they forgot the pinky toe. I've got one that is so tiny, and has a toenail on it so tiny you can barely see it! I think that part is on it's way out.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Appult

it was already answered in this thread, humans as most mammals i think, in the womb first develop into the female version, only then get a testosterone cocktail or not and develop into males.

so in men's terms it means that we were at one time able to make sandwiches.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

you can cut any of the 3inner fingers and still walk fine, cut your pinky toe and you'll permanently walk like you're drunk.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Those websites are very interesting, today i can say that i actually learned something.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by UziLiberman
reply to post by Bluesma

you can cut any of the 3inner fingers and still walk fine, cut your pinky toe and you'll permanently walk like you're drunk.

Really? I didn't know that!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemosyne

ive seen some women with better beards than me

and im in my 40s

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join