It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"...we will sustain the strongest military the world has ever known." Romney? Nope...Obama

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

The United States has been a country for 235 years. You've been at war for 209 of them.

Sorry for calling a spade a spade.

~Tenth
edit on 9/7/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You're not.

You're showing a biased side that's clear for anyone bothering to think it through.

What empire doesn't secure resources?

How many years was Rome at war for?

Would you say that was their greatest achievement?

Warring?

War doesn't automatically negate the great accomplishments a nation has done.

In fact it may facilitate them.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I wasn't implying that other nations were better than the US. Most of them have done the same. This is why it's ironic and hypocritical, for the US to use moral high ground, as a reason to keep their imperialist arm of the military in use.

I don't care how you justify it. Murder is murder. The Military isn't a requirement today, not in the form it currently takes.

There is no need to have 50 thousand troops stationed in Germany. There is no need to occupy nations and do 'nation building'. You are only hurting yourselves.

Are you safer as a nation than before 911? OR have you made yourselves more enemies and made yourselves more hated around the world?

The answer is you are not safer and you have MORE ideological enemies than ever before. You think they just decided one day to hate you because you had 'freedom and democracy'. No.

The people who hate the United States, hate it because of it's meddling in affairs it had no business meddling in. You don't think that those groups realize that the United States helped support most if not all of the dictators they now claim to want to remove from power?

The hypocracy among war mongers is astounding.

I'm sorry, but Barack Obama is of the most pro war Presidents that has ever taken charge of the military.

And they gave him a Nobel Peace Prize.

Pathetic.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Not sure I disagree on any of those points.

Just not sure how that backs your statement that it's the single biggest accomplishment of the US for the last 50 years.

That was going too far.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Yeah, that statement was emotionally charged, before my 1st cup of coffee this morning, I'll take it back.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
"we will sustain the strongest military the world has ever known. "

And bankrupt the nation in trying to do so. Isn't this how the Roman Empire fizzled - overreach in trying to maintain a world empire?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I apologize to the community for this post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't even remember posting it which is disconcerting at best. I have had a few incidents of weirdness after taking an Ambien; waking up downstairs after going to sleep in bed, once my wife said I yelled at her and became very angry about her telling me to go back to bed, and once I ate almost an entire sheet cake but posting on ATS is a first.

Anyway - it’s odd because it shows that some function or awareness is there (I even went to USAREC for force recruiting goals) but typing and sentence construction are poor.

Ambien - great for those who suffer insomnia. Not to be taken lightly. Let it be a lesson for us all.

Sorry for the quality. I will go through the thoughts which seem sound oddly enough but are poorly presented and repost later.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
It should be obvious by now that everything Obama promises while in campaign mode, he will do the opposite once he gets elected.
Come to think of it, Obama is always in campaign mode.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
You're missing the real problem, which is that flexing your military muscles can actually help you get elected. America is a blood thirsty nation.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Any suggestions on what book/books we should go beat the living sh!t out of people, with the hope osmosis is not just a theory?

How dumb are we going to be (as a whole [society]) when our social media applications speak to us and we no longer have to read?

Rome had fiat currency and steam power. The US has fiat currency and God knows what suppressed technology comparable to the Romans potentially having steam engines in the 4th century. Instead they had slave labor and we have oil.

Sadly, history will always repeat itself…

“Yes We Can.” Backwards = “Thank You Satan.”

‘nuff said.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Having the strongest military in the world is so important to this country, anyone who thinks differently needs a wake up call that WW2 was only 1 generation before most of us. Now that being said, unjustified wars and constant meddling in other counties affairs is wrong. But destroying our military is not the anwser.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
we will sustain the strongest military the world has ever known... hmmm
they cant fight cave guys today, sure they cant, cos al CIAda create every day more and more instant like fighters to fight to

i just wonder what war did US win last few decades

may be we ask todays the US veterans? i hear that they do support US government those days

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
Having the strongest military in the world is so important to this country, anyone who thinks differently needs a wake up call that WW2 was only 1 generation before most of us. Now that being said, unjustified wars and constant meddling in other counties affairs is wrong. But destroying our military is not the anwser.

I don't want our military destroyed. But we have 100,000+ troops in central Europe alone. We haven't been at war with anyone there since 1945. We bomb the Middle East for their oil, even though we have more than they do. Paring down our military and bringing them back to the U.S. with a smaller, more focused force is what we need. We can halve our military budget and still keep a more than effective force that could not only repel any nation intent on domination of the U.S., but could also deal with any truly humanitarian mission that came along.

We'd then have an extra $375 billion+ for taking care of the U.S. But the war machine must go on, and it grows ever stronger to support our nation building.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Semantic mistake.

The "world" doesn't actually know anything, being it is a planet and does not possess neurological capabilities in the sense that we consider living organic beings to possess (if even greatly limited).

Let us assume for a moment he meant, "The people of the world", which is also incorrect because it infers a subjective understanding is objective which it is not.

It is actually quite a controversial subjective issue, and many people disagree on various points. Many times these disagreements are legitimate, other times perhaps not so much.

Some historians believe that Alexander of Macedon's army was the strongest, as it spread extremely quickly and won unprecedented victories.

Others may propose that it was Rome, or perhaps even the "Golden Horde", the Mongolian Empire, were the strongest.

Also in contemporary times, depending on the criteria and methodology employed, some may claim that China or Russia is "stronger" than the USA.

It really all depends on what criteria we are using, because as the criteria change so do the candidates for whom it may apply.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join