It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"...we will sustain the strongest military the world has ever known." Romney? Nope...Obama

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

Looking Norman and acting Normal are two different things. Juss sayen.

On the Nuclear Arms deal, if you dont think we havent upgraded our Nukes over the last 30+ years your delusional. Many were comparing the MOAB as a Nuke but for "Political" reasons it wasnt a Nuke.

edit on 6-9-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
What a bizarre change of venue it is from this

Was he so desperate to get the veterans vote he had to pander the military as well?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

LOL. That is classic. Pandering to the Public at its best. But haven't all Presidential Candidates pandered to the Public while grabbing hand outs from the Special Interest Groups????

Hell ya they have. Bush Sr. 4yrs Clinton 8 yrs Bush Jr 8yrs Obama probably 8yrs. Thats 28years of our lifetimes with utter BS and we still haven't learned as a Nation. Sickening to say the least.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by The Old American

That is definately what we got with Obama there is an article and a death count of the people killed by drone attacks the current potus holds the title of those most killed my drones.

We definately got bigger more war the difference is they love Obama for it, where they condemned Bush for it.

To that other poster/

The difference between Bush and Obama?

Bush doesn't have a nobel "peace" prize.
edit on 6-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Seems like I heard loud screams of approval when Joe Biden bragged that Bin Laden was dead in his speech at the DNC.
Really bizarre. But then he did claim to have written the original Patriot Act.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
what occurred to me
what I've seen time and again is that there is no difference in economic policy between a republican politician and their democratic counterpart. Sure, they talk a different talk, but what do they actually do that is so different? Much like Clinton and Bush in '92 regarding N.A.F.T.A. Obama and McCain practically fought over who liked the banking bailout more. Between 2009 and 2011 democrats held the presidency and a majority in both houses of congress. In that time they managed to give billions of dollars to the banking industry and military contractors (because they kept us in Iraq and Afghanistan and the rest of the world), they passed a financial reform bill that was the textbook definition of a paper tiger, and gave us health care reform that put a proverbial band-aid on a gunshot wound.

So when it comes to issues that are emotionally charged and can be debated until the cows come home (i.e. abortion) we have clear divisiveness and ideology, but
when it comes to the bottom line - the issues that will really effect normal people on a day-to-day basis - things that will have an impact on interest rates and the job market - we have complete bi-partisanship.
Even if that bi-partisanship comes in the form of faked surrender or under achievement, the result is the same. Sadly, it's been going on for so long that it's become cliche - the rich get richer and the poor get poorer.
its allway the other guys falt

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

they passed a financial reform bill that was the textbook definition of a paper tiger,

Oh yes, I could swear I heard Obama declare tonight that he didn't think financial regulations would do anything. I had to do a double take. I need to check that, but I think that's about what I heard. Have people forgotten the Democrat stance on financial regulations? I mean when the delegates to their own convention don't even know it....

here it is. Never mind, he is making a pitch for NOT rolling back regulations on Wall Street. I read this as he knows the regulations aren't going to do diddly squat to help average people but he is nevertheless going to make his pitch.

"After all that we’ve been through, I don’t believe that rolling back regulations on Wall Street will help the small businesswoman expand, or the laid-off construction worker keep his home. We have been there, we’ve tried that, and we’re not going back," said Obama. "We are moving forward."

www.huffingtonpost.com...
edit on 7-9-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

There the same no matter what. So, you all can fight over Obama and Romney and I will continue to stockpile whatever I need to make sure I am good. Either one of these buffoons cant do anything for me so I am good to go.

Great Point by the way. And dont get me started on Paul Ryan. What a joke and a fake. I need a real PERSON to lead this Country.

edit on 7-9-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

And you would be one of the only people to notice. The countless others who will vote for him or Romney are the same. "Democrat" "Republican".

Can we start a new party called USOFA!!! Ohh, thats right we cant.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

Im going to keep spending$1000.00 cash a month for gas & food.
its not what this country can do for you its what you can do for the country.......Lmfao
& be glad i have a job. "yea thats it"

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
All I can say is he is lying through his teeth. Please understand folks I speak for the Army as it icier s my Area of Experiaznce of not expertice. I do now that the Navvy is right now as I type tthis conducting board’s decisging which senior NCOS are going to be offered early retirement, which will get a severancein lieu of that retirement and those who will be told – thanks for coming see what’s being door number three – some half as job transiton and an unemployment check.
Being a fairly senior retired Army officer I have many friends with whom I still correspond. An organization the size of the US Military makes plans 3-4 years out just like any large organization.
They are preparing for a dramatic downsizing in personnel, budget, and equipment as soon as the plug is pulled on Afghanistan. It’s coming make not doubt about it
Don’t believe me just look at the change in Recruiting goals for the US Army and how they have drastically changed over the last 3-4 years.
When Obama took office they recruiting goal was 106K Active and Reserve Component Combined. What is it for 2012 you ask…. 74L combined Active and Reserve. Now that’s a reduction of 32,000 Soldiers. www.usarec.army.mil...
33,000 Soldiers is an entire Division of combat power. How many active combat divisions do we have right now? I can research later after the ambient wears off. However, 32K Soldiers is about a Division or 3 Brigades a lot of troops.

That is only accenting for the drop in recruitment – attrition, retirement, and expiration of their terms of service will be even more of a drain.

All these men and women who presumably having made it back in one piece had learned their craft.

Many things factor into force management that the layperson may not understand like retirement, attrition, and a new one mission fatigue that should open up these positions for the future Army.

Officers and NCO’s will be first offered early out. You know who will take them? Those who will be successful at whatever they do. Then the remainder will be boarded and those with the least potential will be involuntary separated. This will leave some really good officers who will justifiably rise to the top a mediocre force who felt they had no other option sand those who probably never should have been there.

The Military is preparing for a drawdown just like the ones we have repeated in the past WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War one etc. The part line will be that we keep the best but the best will jump ship like rats leaving the mediocre and in some cases the downright clueless.

Couple the personnel downsizing with the loss of money and equipment and even the Intelligence Services of Nepal can see out capabilities are going to be greatly impacted.

Dismisses my information if you so choose – but weakness invites threats. A weak gutted Army combined with an appeaser and swishy washer is not a good combination IMO.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
In honor of those who have died, we will continue to kill and invade countries as it is now our right to police the world because of our previous victories, sieg heil.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
funny how Obama can say this in the same speech

OBAMA: "I'll use the money we're no longer spending on war to pay down our debt and put more people back to work — rebuilding roads and bridges, schools and runways. After two wars that have cost us thousands of lives and over a trillion dollars, it's time to do some nation-building right here at home."

How's your Afghanistan gig going Obama? Once again the man has no clue about what he is talking about or where his magic money comes from. The Federal Credit card is about to snap. Don't forget his covert war in Central Africa that is still going on.. You know.. The hunt for Joseph Kony...and the LRA

THE FACTS: The idea of taking war savings to pay for other programs is budgetary sleight of hand, given that the wars were paid for with increased debt. Obama can essentially "pay down our debt," as he said, by borrowing less now that war is ending. But he still must borrow to do the extra "nation-building" he envisions.

He made a similar statement in his State of the Union address, and it is no less misleading now than in January. And the savings appear to be based at least in part on inflated war spending estimates for future years.

Cheers!!

www.startribune.com...
edit on 7-9-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
the industrial military complex now is the ultimate arbiter for the entire planet. It is loyal to no one country (including the US of A) and its tentacles now reach into all parts of the planet. Nothing is beyond its reach of its power and we are all prisoners on this planet.. no disclosure, no (real) democracy (just paid stooges that you call "presidents") and total, absolute power.. but what does absolute power ultimately do?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

And they give this war monger a nobel peace prize?

You know what you call a military with no actual enemy?

A big waste of money.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
And they give this war monger a nobel peace prize?

Sad but true.

You know what you call a military with no actual enemy?
A big waste of money.

You know what you call a military who has enemies that they aren't engaged with at the present time? PREPARED. And also .. a DETERRENT against attacks.
Don't be fooled ... this country has lots of enemies.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Your country has ideas that are your enemy. Not standing armies. There is a difference.

You can't really call yourself the greatest nation in the world, when your single biggest accomplishment is that you've occupied nations and others lands for the last 50 years.

You can't fight an idea with an army.

This whole ra ra military mentality is nonsense.

Murder is murder, regardless how your government of choice wants to justify it.

Notice my avatar? I don't only remember 911 for the lives lost that day, I remember it as a lesson, as the consequences of stomping in nations and others affairs that you have no business being in.

Being indignant about it is the real problem.

~Tenth
edit on 9/7/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I find it interesting, and telling, that none of the ATS Obama Cheering Squad have made it to this thread to "explain what he really meant". They can't explain it, and either support his reign of terror, or are too embarrassed to admit that what he's doing is wrong. It's sad when a person's handouts override their sense.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Are the elections over yet?

This political fence hopping is getting old. Obama and Romney should just sit down and spend some time putting their political views on paper in the form of a nice essay so politically conscious individuals can read and think critically about each representatives position.

This way we have a formal record of what is going on and easily available to all those who can read. For those who cant read, the presidential candidates can draw a picture of a school to indicate they will focus on education as well.

edit on 7-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
The obama campaign and the man himself have not many accomplished results to show the voters. He tries to win votes by sending his wife upfront with a sad (but questionable) story about their personal financial struggle in their early days and now this.

Is his intel based on facts...? What does he know about China and Russia..? The USA appears to be the strongest militairy the world has ever known....but is it? From the most powerful countries in the world it is only the USA militairy making headlines in the worldpress.

It is a very simple and weak argument to use for his campaign.It is as if he is grasping for....something usefull.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by FlyersFan

You can't really call yourself the greatest nation in the world, when your single biggest accomplishment is that you've occupied nations and others lands for the last 50 years.

What is with you lately? You honestly think this is the single greatest accomplishment of the USA over the last 50 years

What about walking on the moon, building super computers, the internet....you think our greatest accomplishment is warring?

tsk, tsk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join