It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"...we will sustain the strongest military the world has ever known." Romney? Nope...Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

And tonight, we pay tribute to the Americans who still serve in harm's way. We are forever in debt to a generation whose sacrifice has made this country safer and more respected. We will never forget you. And so long as I'm Commander-in-Chief, we will sustain the strongest military the world has ever known.
(APPLAUSE)

Obama's speech at tonight's DNC was just lovely, wasn't it? I loved the applause after this particular paragraph from his worshipers. Hope. Change. Nobel Peace Prize. All enforced by the "Forward" movement of the strongest military the world has ever known.

I kind of hope this fascist wins the presidency again. A lot of you people deserve him, and the wailing and gnashing of teeth that will ensue when you finally realize you've been duped for 8 years will be delicious.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The two party system works so well, doesnt it?? To bad there all bought and paid for by Corporations including the Corporate MEC.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
In a post 9/11 world no American POTUS is going to say anything other than this. Flexing muscles for show is an old political trick - just one accentuated in the past 11 years. With the anniversary of 9/11 coming soon it's an obligatory act.

I don't see any chance of Mitt Romney getting elected and immediately downsizing the military. He'll keep the status quo if he's elected. Just as Obama is doing.

Rhetoric and the new normal.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

You seem to think he, or any President have a choice about this.

No, we were warned. Please watch this Vid.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The only time Obama and the left gives a crap about the military is when they can get poltical poll points and a election a month away.

The guy and the people who could not give one rats arse about the military.

The people who constantly spits and denigrates them calling them baby killers.

Where the hell was their support during Abu Grab, and the ear necklaces and ever other "sensationalist" thread title on here for the past 4 years and longer.

The guy and the people who tried to make them pay for their own healthcare.

the guy and the people who took over 6 months to send troops to Afghanistan.

The guy who campaigned on ending the wars but expanding them putting those men and women in to more harms way.

The takes credit for the murder of Bin Laden.

Leaks national intelligence putting those men and women in to further harm.

They will sustain the strongest military in the world eh?

Then why is he always trying to put them out of a job?

Why are we in over 170 countries across the globe?

What nonsense.
edit on 6-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Where does that place his civilian force that was supposed to be just as strong and we'll funded?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

He cant even fix the economy. I wish he was held to the standards, he himself, set forth.

Time to be true, to your own words.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction.

Eisenhower also said that only one way to have that, but people sure do love to try to have it both ways.

coursesa.matrix.msu.edu...

Eisenhower warned about having military computer chips made in China.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

A lot of you people deserve him, and the wailing and gnashing of teeth that will ensue when you finally realize you've been duped for 8 years will be delicious.

Agreed, but, I'm confused. Did their teeth grow back from the last POTUS?
Seriously though, if Romney wins you get bigger and more war, if Obama wins, you get more of the same change for 4 more years. I still laugh to myself every now and then whenever I think that the US had a chance to elect RP...oh well...why mess with history right?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I swear.... watching this man give a speech is just painful.

His head is just bobbles from left to right like he's watching a tennis game.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I love the term "Post 9/11 World" or "Post 9/11 US". it has such a advertising sound.

Anyway, the Military has been drastically downsized for decades because of new tech which does threaten certain industries in that sector. But, for sure each contractor is fighting for Government Hand Outs all the same. The monetary amount spent is actually higher, but inflation measures are accounted for, but they wont talk about that.

The waters are verry muddied right now and seeing a clear path to whatever cause you want to harp about its all the same. The money is there but the different fights are different.

Interesting to say the least.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Exactly. Whats the big difference between Obama and Bush Jr?? Whats the big difference between Obama and Bush Sr?? Whats the big difference between Obama, Bush Jr, Bush Sr, and Clinton???

ABORTION!!!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

A lot of you people deserve him, and the wailing and gnashing of teeth that will ensue when you finally realize you've been duped for 8 years will be delicious.

Seriously though, if Romney wins you get bigger and more war, if Obama wins, you get more of the same change for 4 more years.

That's what a lot of us thought about Obama over McCain.

See where that got us?

/TOA

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

That is definately what we got with Obama there is an article and a death count of the people killed by drone attacks the current potus holds the title of those most killed my drones.

We definately got bigger more war the difference is they love Obama for it, where they condemned Bush for it.

To that other poster/

The difference between Bush and Obama?

Bush doesn't have a nobel "peace" prize.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Now im the "other poster" ?? LOL.

Nobel Peace prizes dont mean a thing. Off the top of anyones head they can name maybe three nobel prize winners.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
reply to post by neo96

Now im the "other poster" ?? LOL.

Nobel Peace prizes dont mean a thing. Off the top of anyones head they can name maybe three nobel prize winners.

If I promise to keep peace, dial down the conflict in the ME, and reduce the world stock of nuclear arms can I have a peace prize too and the 1.4 million that came with it? Just to be clear...I have the same intention as Obama did...I also have no intention of following through either. Someone nominate me and I'll split it with you!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Perfect!!! I always need something for my resume. LOL!!!

Obama getting a peace prize was verry funny to say the least. Especially considering his remarks in this speech mentioned in the OP. But, we all know every thing is Political anyway. Why is this News??

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Nuclear arms reductions and arms reductions in general are meaningless when the rest of the world is arming,modernizing and building new nuclear weapons.

The majority of nuclear weapons in the US stock pile where designed and built in the 50s and 60s not one new nuclear weapon in this country has been built since Reagan.

Which also means those ICBM missles delivery systems are just as old the nuclear defense posture is "dependent" upon delivery systems that people really have no clue will even work.

Hell people do not have cars,and cell phones as old as those systems.

And a peace prize how about a prize ripe for slaughter.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
i wander if Obama realy beleaves what he said.
him and his wafe look so normal.
did any body ever show them the private secture or is his wife just in the clouds & beleave what he says is true.
its really hard to see thru them.
there puting on this hole down to earth look & act like they dont know...
Obama has to know hes just a puppet doesnt he??

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Nuclear arms reductions and arms reductions in general are meaningless when the rest of the world is arming,modernizing and building new nuclear weapons.

Agreed, that's why i was tongue in cheek about it. How can he win something with no viable plan? But, that would mean strictly sticking to the NPT, not something any country can claim.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join