It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts Warn Mount Fuji is Dangerously Close to Erupting

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
They need to like drill holes by volcanoes to make like low pressure points to soften or eliminate eruptions.

From a human perspective, if we could and it would work, then heck yeah - we coukd produce a bleepload of electricity that way too.

From am Earth perpective, on the other hand, I think it's better volcanoes run their normal cycles.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
They need to like drill holes by volcanoes to make like low pressure points to soften or eliminate eruptions.

I think the problem is with the fault line under the volcano squeezing the magma chamber

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

this Illuminati card might be the next one played

szaboservices.blogspot.com...
edit on 8-9-2012 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
For all the people calling for them to drill holes into Mt. Fuji to release pressure, you have to understand that the consequences of that could be great. Think about a balloon thats filled with air (ready to burst), now imagine poking a needle or drill at it, what do you think would happen??? POP!!!! The idea has been suggested with the supervolcanos around the world, but the fact remains that no one knows what will happen once you begin to drill.... They could trigger the volcano...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Also, you have to understand that the heat from the magma will instantly melt the stone to solid rocks when a opening has been made, which makes its impossible to create these puncture.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Drilling would do absolutely nothing, unless done on a massive scale. Imagine a balloon miles across. One little hole wouldn't cause it to lose pressure for a long time. You would have to have thousands of bore holes to affect it. Volcanoes go off for a reason, man shouldn't try to mess with what he doesn't understand.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It's definitely something to keep an eye on. I take most "omg super natural disaster imminent!" threads with a grain of salt - they are usually a lot of guesswork and sad hoping by folks that it will happen. This one is more realistic - there are other signs of activity.. but.. we'd probably see a lot more before it happened. So it's hardly imminent imo - it may just do like that volcano in Alaska and just steam and vent more for years before calming down again.

However, it's also on a new 34km fault line caused by the 9.0 earthquake. They say it could cause a complete collapse of Fuji if it erupts - what that means I'm not really certain in terms of how it affects the surrounding area.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

They haven't started to evacuate anything yet, which common sense would tell me it's not that big of a deal. Plus they're not sure the amount of an eruption. Yeah one can happen, and they can see when pressures rise and such but what they don't know is the amount of magma that will come out or the amount of ash that will be blown into the atmosphere. To say this could be a potentially 'world changing' event is childish and clearly your one of those doom and gloom guys.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Im no bible thumper but doesnt it say something about the end of the 4th world and the beginning of the 5th world is when the ash explodes and the skies go dark for x amount of days? Im no scientist here but coudnt the explosion of mt fuji eventually cover the earth and turn the skies dark?

Just my thoughts.....maybe looking too much in to it

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Fair enough it were just a thought

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

This is true.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
it sure would suck if fuji and yellowstone erupted at the same time

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MastaShake
it sure would suck if fuji and yellowstone erupted at the same time

You cannot compare Mt.Fuji to Yellowstone. If Yellowstone erupts it's the end of the human species.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The Fugi webcam is showing light coming from the top of the mountain. here www.pref.shizuoka.jp...

Are these spotlights put on the dome? I see 3 lights.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ManOfHart

Very hard see anything on a such a low res webcam, but dont think its anything serious, most likely some lights, but then again im no expert.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ExNihilo

If Yellowstone erupts it doesn't have to be the end of Humans. It doesn't have to erupt at full force. It could just spit and sputter and throw balls of lava all around the local area and prolong it's peaceful life. It could explode also, who knows what kind of mood it is in.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So are the Japanese people being told about Mt Fuji, or they being kept in the dark again. ??

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by damingus

LOL i'm not trying to be mean or anything, but how big do you think the earth is? lhahahah
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Today a volcano in Nicaragua erupted. Now possibly Mt. Fuji? ......... I'm not a volcano expert, but could this have something to do with the poles changing? just a thought.......

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13

They haven't started to evacuate anything yet, which common sense would tell me it's not that big of a deal. Plus they're not sure the amount of an eruption. Yeah one can happen, and they can see when pressures rise and such but what they don't know is the amount of magma that will come out or the amount of ash that will be blown into the atmosphere. To say this could be a potentially 'world changing' event is childish and clearly your one of those doom and gloom guys.

First of all, do you have any idea of the logistics involved in evacuating 300,000+ people? Not only that, but Tokyo is next door, with a population of 8,000,000+ so if the wind is blowing the right way and it's a big enough eruption, it could lay a catastrophic ash cloud on top of the city and its people. Way to use common sense.

Secondly, the amount of an eruption?
The last eruption was over 300 years ago in 1707, and had cinders falling in Edo, which is the former name of Tokyo. I already stated in the OP that the pressure was several times higher than the needed pressure to cause an eruption of the volcano. Considering it hasn't erupted in 300+ years, and that there was a massive earthquake last year in the same region, and the pressure readings, I think I will listen to the scientists which have deemed it "imminent" that it is going to erupt soon.

Third, if you can't read my previous two points and put 2+2 together, I'll spell it for you. IF the volcano goes boom, and boom is as big as expected given the measurements (those things scientists do), and 300,000 people die, the ash cloud covers another 8,000,000+ and likely effects the rest of the planet... I would say that it is world-changing.

Clearly, I'm childish because I believe a natural disaster that has the potential to destroy so many lives is important to be aware of.

Grow up.

~Namaste
edit on 9-9-2012 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join