It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Voyager 1 will reach interstellar space on December 21st, 2012 ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Everybody knows aliens wont visit until April 5, 2063, after Zefram Cochrane's successful first warp flight.

On a serious note, IF an advanced race was watching and waiting for us to develop, I seriously doubt a decades old spacecraft leaving the solar system will be the trigger for their visit.

The universe is big, our solar system, hell, our galaxy is tiny in comparison, and it has took a long time to get where it is now, we are going to have to get there a bit quicker if we want to catch any possible neighbours attention (IMO).

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
On a serious note, IF an advanced race was watching and waiting for us to develop, I seriously doubt a decades old spacecraft leaving the solar system will be the trigger for their visit.

To me, that would actually be the perfect trigger. Think about it... if an alien civilization had a "code of ethics" surrounding when it was acceptable to make contact with another civilization, possible conditions in the code could include a) the civilization making a physical excursion beyond their own solar system (making us their business); and b) the civilization inviting contact (making them our business).

The Voyager 1 probe would satisfy both of these conditions, as it is both about to leave the solar system and it contains a plaque clearly inviting contact. For an alien civilization that wanted to contact us but were waiting for our "legal" okay, Voyager 1 leaving the solar system is that okay.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by grantjennings

I believe you might be spot on. The word is that our planet has been quarantined for some time now. We are passing through a photon belt and or have been for over a year. Human travel in space is disputed given the radiation. Sooooo that withstanding...in this vibratory existence anything viewable to our eyes is in close relation to our own vibration, anything organic or otherwise in this realm has to fall in line in order to interact.

This is my belief...however limited

<< 1   >>

join