It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombie Apocalypse: 'The Zombies Are Coming,' Homeland Security Warns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

WASHINGTON -- "The zombies are coming!" the Homeland Security Department says. Tongue firmly in cheek, the government urged citizens Thursday to prepare for a zombie apocalypse, part of a public health campaign to encourage better preparation for genuine disasters and emergencies. The theory: If you're prepared for a zombie attack, the same preparations will help during a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake or terrorist attack.

huffingtonpost

It seems that the government just can't overuse this threat. It does get old to me. I can't see the need to keep cramming this thought into peoples heads unless it is a real threat. Do they really think that using some event like this will cause us to prepare for the worst and that will save us from other events like eq's or hurricanes. Just more fear for the masses. imo However i got prepared and ready for zombies or disasters when the cdc first used this same tactic last year.
What say you ats?
edit on 6-9-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

Here is a video i found on youtube that deals with some of the evidence of a zombie flu.

edit on 6-9-2012 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
just plain old stupidity, and it ticks me off as such a waste of resources

for a zombie attack I would get a shotgun, ammo a bat and an axe

how does that help in a hurricane ?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

Sounds like a fear tactic , raising paranoia . Or it could just be for ratings from the publisher..

Well CDC Denies existence of Zombies despite cannibal incidents
CDC denies existence of zombies

Either that or are we to think that cannibalism are only done by zombies....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

I agree the items they suggest are for survival and not defense. So they must think it is funny to mock people that see anything as possible or it is a way to warn.
It does leave one to wonder.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I guess a machete and an axe could help in a hurricane, if there are trees down....

Running from sick people = running from zombies

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

You're not thinking critically, which means you would die in a zombie scenario in week 1 or 2. Don't worry, most would, exacerbating the epidemic to unholy proportions.

See, the thing about Zombie prep is not the zombies. It's the survival aspects. One must prep food, resources for first aid, resources for wilderness survival, and resources for community establishment and cohesion. One needs to have emergency MRE's, flashlights, water, water purification resources, and contingency kits ready at a moment's notice. Plans for evacuation, beyond main highways, must be mapped out. Plans for meeting spots for families, shelters for the displaced, and efforts to rebuild are a necessity.

The zombies are always a #2 threat. DoHS looks like it's giving too many people the benefit of the doubt in the way of critical thought.

In case of a real Zombie threat: That gun is going to get you killed. Shoot a zombie...more come. You set off a moaning domino effect, and they begin to horde. "Oh cool, I shot 13 zombies." Now 40 more are honed in on your location and a moaning effect begins to attract loose groups of the walking dead to your location from miles out. All that ammunition and bravado would be your end.

If you want to be the big man on the block, use melee weapons...and sparingly so.

Survival #1
Zombie Threat #2
Zombie engagement #9000001

If survival and emergency planning is #1 then it perfectly parallels hurricane and natural disaster preparedness. How DARE the DoHS use levity in discussing such a thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Honestly, I personally think the whole zombie apocalypse deal is to start gearing people up for civil unrest. Get the "citizens" killing the "zombies", if you get my drift.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

That was one of the best posts I've seen in ATS in awhile.

I think you just covered up everything related to that approach.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
probably some chem/bio weapon, you know like in the metallica's all nightmare long.
irans gonna get chem/bio from syria, and use em on us.

edit on 6-9-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I think you are correct as far as hollywood's take on the zombie subject.
As far as the survival aspect of your post you nailed it.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Haha, thanks. It's just that I know people can see more if they sit back and think for a second before responding off the cuff. That type of analysis before action just may help humanity stay in the game against any challenge.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
Honestly, I personally think the whole zombie apocalypse deal is to start gearing people up for civil unrest. Get the "citizens" killing the "zombies", if you get my drift.

Exactly what I was thinking. At least to ease the mentality on killing so that it can be utilized

Notice how easy it is for people to just spout off how they'd go killing with the zombie metaphor?
Myself included.

the government urged citizens Thursday to prepare for a zombie apocalypse, part of a public health campaign to encourage better preparation for genuine disasters and emergencies. The theory: If you're prepared for a zombie attack, the same preparations will help during a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake or terrorist attack.

They can define the words in bold anyway they like when the time comes.
edit on 6-9-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I think "Zombies" is another word for "Looters".

2nd

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ok I just read this. It's not that I think a zombie Apocalypse is coming. But it seems like the government is pushing us to be prepared for something big.

www.huffingtonpost.com... 1_lnk2%26pLid%3D202151

This kind of goes against the NWO theories that they want something to happen. It seems more like they know about something but are worried that we will all panic if they tell us exactly what it is.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by GarrusVasNormandy

Haha, thanks. It's just that I know people can see more if they sit back and think for a second before responding off the cuff. That type of analysis before action just may help humanity stay in the game against any challenge.

I agree!

If we look at past examples where there was mass panic and the following dangers emerged, it's fairly easy to realize that nearly all of those problems appeared because people were afraid for nothing. Crime and violence increases because they don't have food or resources to live. That wouldn't be a problem if people hadn't forgot about the lost art of being aware and prepared.

People who lived in caves were able to stock enough to live through storms and a mini ice-age. If news about a larger retail shop having supply problems with milk is heard in a major area, everyone buys milk even if they don't need it.

But having reserve plans and a secured location stopped being a concern to a lot of people. With a lot of irony, it's usually that type of person who ends up pulling others down in order to survive.
edit on 6-9-2012 by GarrusVasNormandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Stars for the great insight. You have figured out why everyone always dies in most zombie movies. But the real question is what do they think is coming?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Within the lies and propaganda, unraveling the tangled web, rests the zombie. An, apparently, inadvertant side-effect of HAARP is the zombie public. A bell curve shows that 25% to 70% or so of the population is affected by the extremely low frequency waves that HAARP creates in their efforts to shield the nation and ensure communication.

The question we have to ask is what percentage of the controlling elite come under this bell curve? And the question that Homeland Security needs to ask is what percentage of their own are already zombiesque?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This song has been in my head all day.
I figured someone might enjoy.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I like your critical thinking. Thanks for the reminder. On another note, it is thouroughly enjoyable to read ATS members' diverse responses. I do wonder what they are preparing us for or are they just saying, you can't count on us to help -- which I already know, and I am sure many here at ATS feel the same.

Thanks OP!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

Sounds like a fear tactic , raising paranoia . Or it could just be for ratings from the publisher..

Well CDC Denies existence of Zombies despite cannibal incidents
CDC denies existence of zombies

Either that or are we to think that cannibalism are only done by zombies....

Hmm, I don't have class all week next week because my teacher works for the CDC, and they are having a big conference. Wonder what the juice is all about?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join