It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ungoogling yourself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Has anyone successfully ungoogled themselves? When searching on google the suggestion is to put your name on even more sites so any bad stuff is pushed down more. My name isn't really out there since I don't use social networking sites and use aliases when I have to use a name. except on the second page of the search of my name a forum with some stupid stuff I did in 1999 comes up, I was young and I didn't know then what I said and did would be put on the internet forever. the content isn't mine so I can't edit it.

since my info is only on that site, would putting my name on other sites be a good idea to push this down? has anyone successfully ungoogled themselves without googling them selves even more?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The only way is to ask the admin/moderator/whatever of the site in question.

(google doesn't sort results by newest content)
edit on 6-9-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Sites like Farcebook have the ability to block on a Google search.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
i was involved in a coroners case that involved a relative of mine. i was asked by the media to give a comment which i did. within a week, because it was a news story, it was repeated online over 20,000 times all over the world.

anyone who wants to google my real name would have to go through thousands of pages to find anything on me that doesnt involve this.

if its that bad...find a court case...give a comment to the media and bingo.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ungoogle yourself? Use less of your name. Post nothing. Change your facebook name.

Or like me having 40,000 hits per day on my youtube having many viral 911 videos that I made only to have the ADL shut me down. Ungoogled on the spot.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Unfortunately it is impossible to remove anything from google index once it's been there for more than a few hours. As for pushing the old stuff to the bottom of the pile it depends on what you're pushing. If someone does a search they can narrow the results by date or file type, news, image etc. so you might be wasting your time.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
My approach is to spam the dickens out of my username. I use this same username in many places and actually people have stolen it and used it too. There's another Hefficide in South America somewhere. And a couple who only use it to troll. Oh, and a particularly bitter ex also used it for all sorts of insane - meant to embarrass me things. I laughed a lot. The more junk that gets attached to my name... the less relevant any of it is.

Glutting the evidence pool is the most effective means of suppression IMO.

~Heff
edit on 9/6/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join