It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human voice is the human ego

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Well, it feels to me, like at the core is just that I AM....consciousness with no intent but to experience, and no boundry between self and other- I am all, and I am nothing.

The ego makes a slice in between, makes a "me" to experience a "world", or "another being".
I don't see ego as a bad thing. No more than I see my shirt as a bad thing- it keeps me warm when it is cold outside, providing a separation between me and the exterior changes. It also sends out messages to that exterior, about who and how this "me" is- what colors I like, perhaps what kind of lifestyle I choose to live.

But I can also change it as I wish, and send a different message, and have the world react differently to me and have a shirt that is more or less thick, depending.....

The problems only arise if I get attached to my shirt and think I cannot change it and it starts to smell, or make me too warm or too cold........

But in any case, every move I make will be made under that shirt, people will see me moving under that color, that texture. That doesn't mean that my movements underneath are not from a deeper place.
My higher self talks to me through my voice, and my ego.

This is why I often choose to say "we"- even if I at first think I am pointing out something about someone else!

(oh and I doubt my life is more interesting than anyone elses- I just might have noticed patterns or now see it in ways that pull meaning out of it. I could just say- "I was a troubled child in a poor latino barrio, with a retarded sister, then grew up to make a typical X generation fail choice of adventure in another country at the cost of a successful career.....becoming a foriegner starting all over again, with the usual jobs, working in a gas station, up to owning a small commerce. LOL! But that is my shirt........)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

A person is actually multiple individuals. Each person is actually 3 independent personalities. The Human Brain has a Left Hemisphere...analytical....and Right Hemisphere...creative.

Then we have our Subconscious which acts like a computer and records everything our senses ever pick up and records everything we have ever thought about. But it is so much more. The Subconscious is responsible for doling out data to the Brains left and right hemispheres. It will first allow a small amount of data to reach each side...then each hemisphere will Fight to gain control of a concept or subject. After the Subconscious decides which side has won or which side is more apt to handle the issue...it will release more information. There is a connection between each hemisphere but they are still independent and a Brain unto themselves.

So using the word we for yourself is an apt description. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Bluesma

A person is actually multiple individuals. Each person is actually 3 independent personalities. The Human Brain has a Left Hemisphere...analytical....and Right Hemisphere...creative.

Then we have our Subconscious which acts like a computer and records everything our senses ever pick up and records everything we have ever thought about. But it is so much more. The Subconscious is responsible for doling out data to the Brains left and right hemispheres. It will first allow a small amount of data to reach each side...then each hemisphere will Fight to gain control of a concept or subject. After the Subconscious decides which side has won or which side is more apt to handle the issue...it will release more information. There is a connection between each hemisphere but they are still independent and a Brain unto themselves.

I sort of experience the dynamics differently, but similar. I get what you are saying.
edit on 9-9-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

I have a tendency to talk to myself. My Girl is always asking me who the Hell am I talking to? I tell her...ME! LOL!
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Bluesma

I sort of experience the dynamics differently, but similar. I get what you are saying.
edit on 9-9-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

The subconsciousness mechanism described could explain some of the mind phenomenom such as shizophrania.

I think therefore i am. The ego is the cloths worn by the am. Therefore a human is a form of egoam. Ohh good name for alternative band...shizophrenic egoman

I can relate to the analogy of the ego as cloths. I would go further to describe it as also our everyday personal frontal assault weapon. If that is a reasonable idea id make another jump to describe our emotions are shields.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

(oh and I doubt my life is more interesting than anyone elses- I just might have noticed patterns or now see it in ways that pull meaning out of it. I could just say- "I was a troubled child in a poor latino barrio, with a retarded sister, then grew up to make a typical X generation fail choice of adventure in another country at the cost of a successful career.....becoming a foriegner starting all over again, with the usual jobs, working in a gas station, up to owning a small commerce. LOL! But that is my shirt........)

Nice story and interesting enough to be worthy of a movie script . im electrical engineer. So we have opposite professions but still similar thought processes i think.

edit on 9-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Internal conflict.
But that 'internal' conflict does not stay 'inside' does it? There is no boundary so the 'fight' is how life is experienced.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

When the thoughts talk to themselves who is it that is aware of the speaking mind?
The one that is aware of the thoughts arising is silent - the silent listening one is the true self. The silent listening one is always present listening to the 'stories' of past and future.

edit on 9-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

When the thoughts talk to themselves who is it that is aware of the speaking mind?
The one that is aware of the thoughts arising is silent - the silent listening one is the true self. The silent listening one is always present listening to the 'stories' of past and future.

Im not sure what to answer here. Im certain we have a inner silent voice although it can be misleading to say its a voice. The internal voice may originate as a soft voice or it might simply be a hunches and feelings, as if the brain has it s own compass inside it always point to true Truth,,,like true north.

Our course our North brain compass can be caused to fluxuate if caught in strong polarising field. Like a south compass. If a south compass is pointing North then id say a person is in a state that they are not rationally thinking straight. The silent listening one i would describe as a child standing near a window opens in the back of our minds that leads out to externity.

Thats the best i can do in describing the inner voice.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Not a inner 'silent' voice. Pure silence is listening.
I just wrote this on another thread, it is from a book called 'Before I am' by Mooji.

There is no answer to the question 'Who am I?'
When one searches for the root of the 'I' thought, the seeker is itself exposed and proven as myth.
This results in the dissolution of the sense of separateness and the ultimate recognition of Truth, the imageless background of all appearances.
Awareness is the Unchanging, in which all arises and is percieved as an ephemeral play.
Mooji.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

There is an all seeing, all knowing everpresent presence that is seeing and hearing all that arises. Anything that can be percieved is not what you are - Neti, neti.
You are what can never be percieved because you are percieving.

Are you the seer or the seen (scene)?
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The human voice is an appearance. Every thing is an appearance but it has to appear on something for it to be known. What it appears on never appears and never disappears. It is sometimes called presence.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

The subconsciousness mechanism described could explain some of the mind phenomenom such as shizophrania.

I think therefore i am. The ego is the cloths worn by the am. Therefore a human is a form of egoam. Ohh good name for alternative band...shizophrenic egoman

I can relate to the analogy of the ego as cloths. I would go further to describe it as also our everyday personal frontal assault weapon. If that is a reasonable idea id make another jump to describe our emotions are shields.

Okay... yeah, I see where you are coming from!
I'd want to add that the ego can also be the thing that enables experience of things like love between two individuals- for only if there is a separation "you- me" can one experience "I loving You".
Without the ego all is one and though love is reality, it cannot be experienced in time and space duality.
So the ego has it's fun usage too!

Where I experience a difference from that posters view is that the subconscious is not just the recorder-warehouse.. it has a consciousness which associates all these sensual memories, groups them, creates logos, that it expresses when it can....like in dreams, intuitional states, underneath our conscious acts.It also works much from the sympathetic nervous system, and neurons found in the gut area- it is the "us" consciousness.
So I see it as a bit more creative than just a storehouse.

I also experience that the part in between which has the job of pulling these two brains together into cooperative creation is that I AM part. It is just like..... the delegate, the neutral judge.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I am the quiet imageless one that sees and hears.
It's just a movie being watched:
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

I just wrote this on another thread, it is from a book called 'Before I am' by Mooji.

When one searches for the root of the 'I' thought, the seeker is itself exposed and proven as myth.
This results in the dissolution of the sense of separateness and the ultimate recognition of Truth, the imageless background of all appearances.
Awareness is the Unchanging, in which all arises and is percieved as an ephemeral play.
Mooji.

Thats really interesting what just explained. Its a bit like imagining a quest to find the holy grail secret of life. When a person finds it after years of struggle they look inside its door and find nothing. Why should we be surprised we came from nothing and go back to it. Did i just walk into a dead end ally?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Mooji.

Thats really interesting what just explained. Its a bit like imagining a quest to find the holy grail secret of life. When a person finds it after years of struggle they look inside its door and find nothing. Why should we be surprised we came from nothing and go back to it. Did i just walk into a dead end ally?

This (what is seen) is nothing appearing (as form).

Listen to this:
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Okay... yeah, I see where you are coming from!
I'd want to add that the ego can also be the thing that enables experience of things like love between two individuals- for only if there is a separation "you- me" can one experience "I loving You".
Without the ego all is one and though love is reality, it cannot be experienced in time and space duality.
So the ego has it's fun usage too!

If ego is a enabling force for awareness to interact and engage the material reality around it. Then what is the purpose of love? Is it simply a experience to make sure a man and woman get togther and breed to keep the wheel of life going?

The subconsciouness i also imagined as being like a pond which leads out into an ocean that metaphorically i wil call the sea of time.

If the subconscious is more than just a storehouse of human inventory. memories and it also is stimulating our nervous system, then i would have to say there is direct connection between the subconcious mind and sexual energy.

I also experience that the part in between which has the job of pulling these two brains together into cooperative creation is that I AM part. It is just like..... the delegate, the neutral judge.

is it a judge a arbitrator or a mediator?

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

reply to post by SplitInfinity

Internal conflict.
But that 'internal' conflict does not stay 'inside' does it? There is no boundary so the 'fight' is how life is experienced.

By DESIGN the Human Brain Left and Right Hemispheres are connected to an extent. The Subconscious is the Recording Computer that Disseminates all Data to the Left and Right Hemispheres and THEN...the Fight Starts! Each Hemisphere will FIGHT for the right to be granted the full amount of data as the Subconscious does not dole out the entire amount of data but just enough for the two Hemispheres to be given enough information to present a case to the Subconscious that THEY are more apt to be able to deal or conceptualize this concept, thought or idea.

SO...one could say that INTERNAL CONFLICT is a necessity to allow the Subconscious to be able to determine which Brain Hemisphere is worthy to be the side given the Majority of Data. There is inter connection between Hemispheres and some people have a far greater amount of connectivity between the to Hemispheres than others. I am one of these people as as I posted earlier...that after having a CT SCAN had a Doctor do a second scan as she thought the scan was done wrong. After the second scan I was told I have an unusually Neural Density and Thickness of the connections between my Hemispheres. This is why I am not confined to one Left or Right Hemispheric Brain State and am able to be Highly Analytical as well as Highly Creative.

This is also why I TALK TO MYSELF but I am AWARE OF THIS FACT! To be unaware can be the precursors to SCHIZOPHRENIA. When I am talking to myself it is the Left and Right Hemispheres Consciously TALKING OUT LOUD to one another as in a debate. All of us to this to an extent but it is more prevalent in my case and I KNOW that there are TWO DISTINCT ME'S having a debate. It also allows me on occasion to be able to directly access my Subconscious which is Great when it allows me to as I can have complete and total clarity of RECALL...but this is not something I can control and my Subconscious seems to have a sense of HUMOR over the fact that it will allow just a certain amount of Pure Recall and then CUT ME OFF...as I believes that it feels that both ME'S...Left and Right...should be able to figure out the rest on my own given the data the two me's have been shown...the Subconscious ALREADY KNOWS THE ANSWER! But it can only operate in forms of Gut Feelings and Riddles on a Conscious Level except when I am allowed access. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

If ego is a enabling force for awareness to interact and engage the material reality around it. Then what is the purpose of love? Is it simply a experience to make sure a man and woman get togther and breed to keep the wheel of life going?

I don't percieve that the experience of love has to have any "purpose" other than an experience to savor.
Though sex may have several purposes- for physical and spiritual health,
or for reproduction of physical forms for us to use, yes.

The subconsciouness i also imagined as being like a pond which leads out into an ocean that metaphorically i wil call the sea of time.

I find myself nodding (in agreement) with that metaphor- I often picture it the same way. The notion of "depth" is relevant too- for at the most superficial levels, you see a different kind of life and action than what is further down in it's depths. Further down you go, the further from individual consciousness and experience you go, and into collective consciousness.

If the subconscious is more than just a storehouse of human inventory. memories and it also is stimulating our nervous system, then i would have to say there is direct connection between the subconcious mind and sexual energy.

Yeah.....that is something I believe to be connected.

is it a judge a arbitrator or a mediator?

LOL! I am guessing that the exact term one would choose would be very relative to their personal journey and state! It would depend upon whether they experience a conflict between these two parts of self, or a willing and loving cooperation between them!
Personally? The first word I wanted to use in response to be more precise was "artist" or "creator"!
That which combines the vision and the medium to create self in each now.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Personally? The first word I wanted to use in response to be more precise was "artist" or "creator"!
That which combines the vision and the medium to create self in each now.

Hey heres a thought mabey its God. God is us. We are God. God is a gatekeepr on the bridge between now and eternity.
edit on 10-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: we should called this thread mindtrek, where going where no sane person has gone before!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join