It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The human voice is the human ego

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by Itisnowagain

gurus a loose term that can be applied to any one who is a self proclaimed enlighted and holds higher knowledge. So i apply it to all in that category. The ones inciting fear as you say its my guess they all know eachother and they belong to something informally or formally which would appear as a cult. Cult on the new age ego!
edit on 7-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Guru is not a loose term. You have used the word 'guru' loosely.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Yes cause thats how i see it!
They are all preaching their self interest, projecting ego.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

This is the first paragraph under the title 'guru' on wiki so i can now understand how you and i use the term differently.

Guru (Devanagari गुरु) is a Sanskrit term for "teacher" or "master", especially in Indian religions. The Hindu guru-shishya tradition is the oral tradition or religious doctrine transmitted from teacher to student. In the United States, the meaning of "guru" has been used to cover anyone who acquires followers, especially by exploiting their naiveté, due to the inflationary use of the term in new religious movements.[1

I speak of the Sanskrit term.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

im definitely referring to the later the ones aquiring followers by exploiting their naivity. I have nothing against these egos ones im just saying they do it for self purpose, avoice for their ego and money. Their voices are connected collectivity with others who are the same and therefore close to a collective cult mind.

It would be safe to say that ascenion for the ego type means that they have successfully been simulated into the cult mind and the cult tells them what is acceptable to say what isnt, who are acceptable people to talk to who arnt...im sure it even goes down to telling them who they have form relationships with. Therefore they have lost free will its been replace bty the cult ego which is sad!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Words are a vibrational expression of thought. Our pitch, cadence, and word choice all affect the vibration of our communication, and that vibration affects us and everything around us. We can recreate ourselves, the world, or both, simply through thought. And spoken words are just loud thoughts. The purpose of those thoughts, of that intent, are another matter entirely.

Word choice doesn't affect vibration. I could say hate and love in the same tone, vibration, pitch and it wouldn't make a lick of difference to anything.

We can't recreate anything with thought. We can only imagine, remember, reflect and recollect through thought. Do those worlds and image of yourself in your memory exist? Or is it only the memory that exists? If you can provide an argument to the contrary I may ponder, I may see something in your words.

The rest I can agree with.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

...I like your first two paragraphs about words being the projection of the ego. It's difficult to disagree with. People wear their ego all over themselves.

Your Thum as it were.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

""What i notice in different languages spoken is that the common denominator is the human ego. The human voice projects the human ego to manifests and extend itself into the reality around it. Affecting and influencing, shaping and controlling and acting as initiator for all types of human emotional mannerisms subterfuge, hatred, kindness and so on... It can also make people become fixiated on certain ideas and beliefs and the voice preaches externally and internally (inside a persons head) to itself. Lot of new age guru types like to talk about Mk Ultra mindcontrol related stuff, saying things like the world secret goverment is trying to do this or that to my mind with their Et or human Harp technologies etc. ( I notice lot of these voice gurus typs come from California/Los angeles)...why is that?

on your (interesting) side tracking bit (Lot of new age guru types like to talk about Mk Ultra mindcontrol related stuff, saying things like the world secret goverment is trying to do this or that to my mind with their Et or human Harp technologies etc. ( I notice lot of these voice gurus typs come from California/Los angeles)...why is that?): maybe a voice guru with proclamations mentioned lives in that area and maybe because gurus tend to have followers doing voice service starting on the local arena

Ok i side tracked a bit there but point i was trying to make is mabey the mind control is self hypnoisis.

yes, as i see it, if the person is in doubt about their observations. lets assume this mk thing is real then further i could assume that this is exactly what ‘they’ would want to happen to the person. loose your self so you are unable to form understanding (i call 'this person' hypothetically ‘you’, ok?), so you are injured, defeated, empty of power and dead to the cause of exposing ‘them’, yes? they used the power of self hypnosis against you, yes?

i can’t tell you exactly why i say what i will say (it would take too long) but just take my word for it for now and observe what happens: if in doubt, doubt the other party to be the doubtful one, not yourself, until you prove to yourself that you are wrong. just experiment. (saying ‘you’ i mean this ‘generally you’, ok?)

Mabey through being fixiated on an idea/ topic their internal ego has taken control of their own minds. These people then become self hypnotised believing the voice of their own ego. And isnt this exactly what the new ager guru is saying the world elite want?

because i was answering your text as i was reading, i was just thinking: mamma!.......... i sounded just like this new ager guru
i would not fall into someones speech before they finish their address, but on visuals, well, this can happen….. with me anyways……, is that bad, OP?

You know havent they then been a direct accomplice to allowing the elite to achieve what they wanted?

no, not this rock here (maybe at darktime, with tears in my eyes, but not for long) because it is my picture of the world and this is my world and i have to survive in this world so ‘your’ opinion is of second value.

. Are they deluding themself thinking this hasnt occurred? Arnt they controlled without even knowing it like in that movie the lawn mower mans now inside Jakes head and he doesnt even know it? Reduce to state of perpetual remote controlled zombiness?? What you all think? ""

so much more to say on the topic (a topic much more to my preference) “”What i notice in different languages spoken is that the common denominator is the human ego“”
this first sentence sparked my brain into a totally different direction than the following talk of the op.

but……. for now………. the sunshine outside is calling……… might talk to you later dear Athlon Savage

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

because i was answering your text as i was reading, i was just thinking: mamma!.......... i sounded just like this new ager guru
i would not fall into someones speech before they finish their address, but on visuals, well, this can happen….. with me anyways……, is that bad, OP?
reply to post by ylang

No it not bad just highlights my argument the ego is there in our heads flourishing and it wants to be heard no matter what.
I should add for clarification my opinions in the OP are just for discussion i may not even necessarily agree with them myself. Just really interesting debate topic. I guess i do have some concerns when looking at the new age movement i see elements on mind control going on in there in the same fashion as market advertising uses to promote products for sale. Since when did universal truth ever require marketing thats a human idea.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Ok i side tracked a bit there but point i was trying to make is mabey the mind control is self hypnoisis. Mabey through being fixiated on an idea/ topic their internal ego has taken control of their own minds. These people then become self hypnotised believing the voice of their own ego.

Good subject and thoughts... Athlon

This makes me think of cognitive thinking. In a sense we do self hypnotise ourself into a thought process based on things we constantly are thinking about. I try to train myself to think positively when i find my mind wondering onto something negative.

Here is a link to a website that explains a bit about the cognitive thinking process.

zionsphere.hubpages.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by leolady

Ok i side tracked a bit there but point i was trying to make is mabey the mind control is self hypnoisis. Mabey through being fixiated on an idea/ topic their internal ego has taken control of their own minds. These people then become self hypnotised believing the voice of their own ego.

Good subject and thoughts... Athlon

This makes me think of cognitive thinking. In a sense we do self hypnotise ourself into a thought process based on things we constantly are thinking about. I try to train myself to think positively when i find my mind wondering onto something negative.

Here is a link to a website that explains a bit about the cognitive thinking process.

zionsphere.hubpages.com...

I try to train myself to think positively when i find my mind wondering onto something negative.

The power of positive thought. We have all heard the expression. I tend to believe it works to a large degree and is a much more potent force to improving yourself than joining a gathering around some guru.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

First of all mind control techniques needs you to focus your mind and truly believe it is possible what you are about to project, visualize or verbalize. So as soon as you start to play that game, you are hypnotized by that game. It doesn't have to be anything that esoteric, it could be your in to building,painting or sports. You become hypnotized by that activity. You become a slave to it, when someone says hey, how about another approach? you get upset as what is happening is that they are pointing at your hypnotized state. But if included in you magic kit, is the belief that I am not, then you are stuck in a never ending wheel that keeps you prisoner to that way of seeing, believing and inclusive of the ability to negate anything for eternity or endless regeneration of time.
The best path to take is that of not believing or disbelieving anything.Because that is the one that allows you not to fall in to creation or actions. Even still actions and creations continue to occur.
Good idea for a post, thanks.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
ok, i have narrowed down my understand of what AthlonSavage might want to say and see some things now a little differently. i think the point, that ego wants to be heard no matter what, is interesting.

maybe i would put it in other words though, i would say, the sum total of my experiences that form my personality shines through everything i say/do whether i care for that or not. i think ego is too hard to define, too slippery to understand (also whether that ‘ego’ has a will of its own and if yes, why does it want to be heard). and even my ‘the sum total of my experiences that form my personality’ leaves me unsatisfied, because it has not yet addressed my conscious and my unconscious images i have of myself.

so yes, i observe a ‘nakedness’ we display when we use language (or do things).

i like the reference to ‘cognitive thinking’ leolady makes. (thank you leolady for the link.)

‘it’ is such a vast area to ponder on, let alone to debate. and AthalonSavage already threw in some more ideas.

so, AthalonSavage, what are your concerns when looking at the new age movement with elements on mind control going on in there in the same fashion as market advertising uses to promote products for sale?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

so, AthalonSavage, what are your concerns when looking at the new age movement with elements on mind control going on in there in the same fashion as market advertising uses to promote products for sale?
reply to post by ylang

My concerns are it then becomes managed by a marketing machine, just like advertising of products. The new age movement at that point just becomes another manipulated market. People enter into it buy and selling ideas based on their value at time which is strongly controlled through marketing. So what started out as a movement to search for a improved way of being becomes another bread and circus event for the bored masses.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

make sure you are always a step ahead

be safe

fill yourself at daybreak with kindness, so that you may shout for joy and gladness all your day

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ylang

Your wise and modest i cant see you being had by false promises and prophecies.

There is a another face to consider as well. Thats self esteem and confidence. IIf a person has a large ego and but unable to relate and make conversation with the average person it probably is due to low self esteem. Another way to stay in check and balanced and not sucuumb to false is to not let the ego live in a ivory tower.
edit on 8-9-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I went mute from the age of about four to eight. No medical reason could be found, it was psychosomatic- I just chose not to speak.
Kind of.
I could speak for my sister. She was mentally retarded, and nobody could understand her, so I was always the acting translator for her. My mind was floating between her world view and ours, (which were very different) and stripping the concepts of language in order to make the bridge between the two.

For many years I grew up in a latino neighborhood, and had to swim between spanish and english, then grew up to live in France, still carrying concepts stripped of language from one ego to another....
Because I DO see it that way- each time I use a different language, it carries a different perspective of the world, different associations and correlations, different values and a different self-other relation.
Currently I have a french ego and an american ego, with which I flip back and forth from.

All I can say is that there is a reality in between the languages, but it has no meaning, no value, no way to experience it as a separate thing, unless you choose an ego to express through.

I also tend to see that each word we speak is actually spoken for and to ourselves.
Fortunately, others can also take some inspiration from it at the same time.
But that has many implications to it.

I think I am agreeing with you. (?)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

I think I am agreeing with you. (?)

reply to post by Bluesma

I think so. Behind the lanuage is the thought and behind that is the intent and behind that is something else. The something else is intangible and undefineable. Even intent itself is a completely mystery and its origin is unknown. Your description of you back ground is interesting gives me impression that you are a person with a lot of interesting life stories and knowledge.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I LIKE YOUR POST! I myself have said many times to people who continually repeat something but back it up with zero proof....NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOU SAY IT...WILL NOT MAKE IT TRUE! LOL!

I try to post FACTS and if it my opinion...I make an effort to say so. I have an issue with people who post something then say...because it was written it this Text or the Bible or that Book...that it makes it FACT! That is not fact. That is quoting someone else's concepts or ideas. A FACT...is something that has a PROOF in either the form of using Scientific Experimentation...or Reasonable Human Sensory Confirmation.

If I make a statement based on first hand knowledge yet I need to provide PROOF....if there are thousands of Web Sites detailing what I have stated and providing a line of logic as to why this is so...that is reasonable enough PROOF.

If someone makes a statement on a post and provides a Link to a Singular Web Site of which there are no others that state the same concept and this site is of Dubious Nature in it's inability to provide ways of verification...then it is reasonable to assume it is B.S.

I will admit that I have a MASSIVE EGO. But it is a necessity for what I do. Still...my EGO does not get in the way of admitting a Mistake on my part or will it entrench me into a concept so deep that it will not allow for alternative ideas. THAT...is PRIDE!

It is when a persons PRIDE becomes ingrained with their EGO that real problems occur. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   

...my EGO does not get in the way of admitting a Mistake on my part or will it entrench me into a concept so deep that it will not allow for alternative ideas.
reply to post by SplitInfinity

We need some ego of course to stay healthy in mind and in terms of feeling confident, healthy and uplifting self esteem. A minimum level i guess like the health bar on a character in a game, if it goes too low it goes orange which is a warning indicator its about to turn red.

Everyone will at one point or other fall in the orange and red zones, bad day at work, health problem, someone close died. Them things tend to shrink the ego. A healthy ego i see as someone who spends most of the time in the green zone. The real life example you quoted represents the ego being used in a positive way. Therefore i guess i should just add im not saying ego is bad, all im saying is that it can sometimes demand to much of its own presense which leads to situations where people will claim something is undeniable fact when in true fact they have no evidence at all to prove it.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

That is the heart of what I was saying. When EGO mixes with PRIDE...it is not a good thing. I need my ego to do what I do...but if I make a decision based on my EGO/PRIDE...I am endangering others just because I would have the need to be the one who thought of the idea and ignore a better way of doing something to do the JOB!

I have seem this and it always ends up with someone else paying the price. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join