It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[un]Official 2012 Obama DNC Speech Thread….What did he mean and do you believe it?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Whats sadder, is how some Americans find Delight and Joy in War.

I don't know those Americans. 

Visited any of your fallen "buddies" graves lately?

Nope...

Maybe you could explain to their families your dissappointment.

I don't need to; they share my disappointment.

They aren't happy with a POTUS who abandons a mission their son died for just to earn reelection points. 

What was that mission pray tell???

Stay in theatre for 25 years?

Or

10,000 KIA?

You guys should be angry at the idiot who sent you there based on lies he and his cronies
concocted.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Get out of here you untruthful troll. You didn't answer your lies from the previouis thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Originally posted by thepresident
Obama has moved to the center -

I bet you guys are real glad you drug your entire party off the rightward cliff

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Watch the romney speech, then watch obamas. Obama won the election tonight. Every undecided voter in america who saw both was captured tonight. his speech was brilliant, and there is nothing you obama haters could possibly say to make that untrue. That speech was inspiring and will drive countless americans to the polls for him. Break down every line you dont like from tonight and make your case on how obama is not the right guy all you want. The fact is, this week the DNC destroyed the republicans chances of winning this year. maybe 2016
edit on 7-9-2012 by theconspirator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Undecideds don't give Jack**** about speeches.

Originally posted by theconspirator
Watch the romney speech, then watch obamas. Obama won the election tonight. Every undecided voter in america who saw both was captured tonight. his speech was brilliant, and there is nothing you obama haters could possibly say to make that untrue. That speech was inspiring and will drive countless americans to the polls for him. Break down every line you dont like from tonight and make your case on how obama is not the right guy all you want. The fact is, this week the DNC destroyed the republicans chances of winning this year. maybe 2016

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Obamas speech = proof that he doesn't understand basic economics.

He said he wants to build up America's infrastructure .. roads, etc. (GREAT!)
He said he'd get the $$$ from what he'd save by ending the wars. (What the hell???)

The money for the wars came from borrowed money.
Ending the wars does't mean we have a surplus. It means we stop borrowing as much.
But he intends to keep borrowing and adding debt.

Does he even understand this basic economic fact?
If he does understand it .. then he spat out a campaign lie at the speech.
If he does not understand it .. then he has no business being in office.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Yup...here's one fact check out of many.
FACT CHECK: Obama and the phantom peace dividend By CALVIN WOODWARD and TOM RAUM | Associated Press
news.yahoo.com...

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Obamas speech = proof that he doesn't understand basic economics.

He said he wants to build up America's infrastructure .. roads, etc. (GREAT!)
He said he'd get the $$$ from what he'd save by ending the wars. (What the hell???)

The money for the wars came from borrowed money.
Ending the wars does't mean we have a surplus. It means we stop borrowing as much.
But he intends to keep borrowing and adding debt.

Does he even understand this basic economic fact?
If he does understand it .. then he spat out a campaign lie at the speech.
If he does not understand it .. then he has no business being in office.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
He also took a cheap shot at Romney saying he and Ryan have no foreign policy experience. REALLY??????

Yes he did. You'd think that the community organizer from Chicago would know enough to stay away from the word 'experience'. Afterall .. he had virtually NONE when he was elected .. no international experience and no executive experience. But no .. he actually went there .. slamming Ryan/Romney experience ...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
SOME OBAMA LIES IN HIS SPEECH ...

- Using money 'saved' by ending the wars on infrastructure. The money was borrowed. There is no surplus savings to spend on infrastructure (which badly needs work!) And then there are these lies ...

LOTS of Obama Lies During Speech

OBAMA: "We will reform and strengthen Medicare for the long haul, but we'll do it by reducing the cost of health care, not by asking seniors to pay thousands of dollars more."

THE FACTS: Some of the proposals the Obama administration has floated in budget negotiations with Congress would ask Medicare beneficiaries to pay more. Among them: revamping co-payments and deductibles in ways that could raise costs for retirees and increasing premiums for certain beneficiaries....

OBAMA: "We can help big factories and small businesses double their exports, and if we choose this path, we can create a million new manufacturing jobs in the next four years."

THE FACTS: Obama has claimed an increase of some 500,000 manufacturing jobs over the past 29 months. But this is cherry picking by the president. From the beginning of Obama's term 3 1/2 years ago, manufacturing jobs have declined by more than 500,000, according to the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics. Manufacturing jobs have been on a steady decline for nearly two decade.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I doubt it. Or at least, I hope that people aren't such simpletons that a speech can convince them where four years couldn't. At this point, Obama's speeches shouldn't have much effect on anyone. We know what he is, what he stands for and how he governs.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Actions not words show his true intent ...

He will destroy this country ... that is the difficult path and change Obama wants ...

THE END OF AMERICA

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

I agree. They will come for the week and unproductive first. And we all have to learn to live with that.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I’m ready to debate the merits of his claims and promises. Did he say what you expected? Did he represent his record accurately? Do you believe what he promised?

Somehow I think this speech won’t live up to expectations.

My TV is ON!!

I'm waiting patiently.......

Why is there even a politics section on this website? You'd think people here would be smart enough to realize politics, elections, votes, and speeches are just a waste of time. Turn off the TV, stop "waiting patiently" for what a professional liar has to say. It doesn't matter who gets elected, the government always wins.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I thought it was a typical Obama speech. Full of inspiring, lofty goals and references, but completely empty of any content or actual plans.

No mention of his failed stimulus package, almost no reference to health care, no reference to where all the jobs he promised are, no talk of the 6 trillion in debt added under his watch. He did make a few attacks at Romney.

So, I guess his statement is true, when you can't run on your own record you attack your opponent.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
In 1984, Walter Mondale, democrat candidate for president mocked Reagan by telling the people saying, " Reagan is going to lower you taxes, but I'm here to tell you that I'm gonna raise your taxes!" Mondale lost in a landslide.

Obama says he wants us to continue down the road, the hard road, one that is not an easy road, to go to a better place. That's what we say to people that have died and gone on, they have gone to a better place. Obama will lose this election with that kind of talk. Life is hard now in the economy. Asking people to continue to walk that hard uneasy road for four more years is going to be rejected. It's as simple as that.

Here's talk that gives you real hope of a better future, said by Mitt Romney.

1. Keystone pipeline. ( Yeah baby ! )

2. Lower taxes for all. ( Go Mitt Go! )

3. Lift oppressive regulations. ( Give it to me ! )

4. Support our one true ally, Isreal and visit their Capital Jerusalem. ( Right on, right on, right on ! )

There's just so much more !!!!

edit on 7-9-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The video below pretty much sums up Obama's speech. He's gonna take us to the promised land. Hallelujah, praise the Messiah! Watching the crowd, I couldn't help but laugh, considering Homeland Security wants people to prepare for a Zombie Attack. Instead of chanting "brains", these zombies chanted "four more years". Same difference though....

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Every undecided voter in america who saw both was captured tonight.

I would say almost no undecided voters seen either speech. it is a infomercial (both RNC and DNC) to capture the energy of their base.

The debates is when (some) of the undecided voters may check in for a few minutes.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Every undecided voter in america who saw both was captured tonight.

I would say almost no undecided voters seen either speech. it is a infomercial (both RNC and DNC) to capture the energy of their base.

The debates is when (some) of the undecided voters may check in for a few minutes.

But those who did are usually the ones that motivate the ones that don't. And since last night was a train wreck to say the least, it's over. It's finally over.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Romney didn’t make my tank of gas cost $120 today!

In 2012, high oil prices were triggered after inspectors reported more evidence that Iran was very close to building nuclear weapons capabilities. Iran responded to international sanctions by threatening to shut down the Straits of Hormuz. The U.S. said it would reopen the Straits, using military force if it had to. This drove oil prices up until March, when slow growth in China and the eurozone debt crisis created fears of an global economic slow-down. Investors took money out of oil and put it into U.S. Treasuries,driving to their lowest levels in 200 years.

more at: Gas Prices info

Just in case you wanted some facts about what causes high and low gas prices.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join