It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apocalypse : Where To Go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
More and more signs are pointing towards something big coming. Economics, religion, scarce resources, global warming, natural disasters....... Take your pick.

The likelihood of such global devastation is a debate for another thread. Possible destinations for city dwellers like myself have also been discussed.

However, the one option that interests me still hasn't been mentioned.

I live in the middle of one of the UK's largest cities. In the event of a global or national catastrophe, I fully intend not to be here. In fact, I intend not to be in the UK at all. The UK is an obvious target to terrorists and any potential collapsed states.

So what options does a UK citizen have? I cannot simply get up and move to Alaska to live off the land, for legal reasons to do with visas, work permits, etc. For similar reasons, I cannot move location to Australia, South America, etc......

So let me ask you this? Where can someone in my position go? What countries around the world don't limit or monitor immigration? Is there anywhere I could literally just go and live in, totally unimpeded. I don't like the way the UK is headed, and my instinct is screaming at me to get out.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Millions

Get dual citizenship in a country that would be a good place for you to live. You most likely will have to own a house or business in the country, but, some of them are pretty easy to get citizenship in. By easy, I am using the US as a yardstick with it being hard to get into.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Getting dual citizenship is not always as easy as saying so. I lived in the West Indies on Dominica and you need to be a resident for 5 yrs before even applying for citizenship and of course you have to pay every year for your residency.
Now with that being said, a small island country might be plausible. You could get a vacation visa and then just get lost. Several of the island in the West Indies would be ideal due to water and plenty of natural food growing everywhere. Dominica has a huge rainforest and the locals are very friendly and could help your cause especially if your fluent in cash.

OP I know how you feel about wanting to get away from where you are. I'm on the southeast coast of the US and thinking this just might not be to my advantage, but right now I have not one single choice in the matter but I am working on it. Good luck to you.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well my friend i was thinking the same thing last week. Me and a buddy was looking for a place to go fishing in the uk as i live in manchester we got google earth up and pick a river which was called the river dee. So the next day we put £50 in the car and went for a drive to see where we can get to this spot...My first thought was when we was like 50min out of manchester and in the middle of nowhere was we are not over populate ted at all. And then the Question came up. my friend turns and say's mate when the s**t hit the fan where coming here.
I mean its "little old england" let me tell ya its only little because all the land is owned by a hand full of family's

So when fan does get hit ill see you in the hill's my friend good luck

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Wisconsin.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Buy your very own Greek island.
They're on sale.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Trust your instincts,but understand over thousands of years people have felt the same way as you, and Britain is still standing..
By all means relocate,but you may be facing the same or worse scenario as a foreign national in a completely unfamiliar land,around people much less sympathetic.
If what you fear or predict comes to pass chances are you will not be warned of it,if you are..the last thing you should do is leave..
Don't worry be happy

edit on 6-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Millions

Don't go anywhere, just be ready where you are, nobody knows what's going to happen or if anything is going to happen. To move to another country based on 2012 rumors sounds foolish, you could move to Alaska and get hit with a Japan like earthquake. Just have some extra food, water, first aid supplies, guns and ammo and other things in case something happens. But as a general rule, you will be more safe in a less populated city than a densely populated city if a natural disaster or a war strikes.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by taws6

If you are dead set on leaving the UK you might look into New Zealand ... you already speak the language and they are actively looking for new citizens - from what I hear anyway.
edit on 9/12/2012 by RedParrotHead because: (no reason given)

top topics

join