It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Map of the World Found?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I wanted to get everyone's opinion on the supposed Dashka Stone or Map of the Creator? Evidently there was recent research done on the stone and the scientists are claiming they have found proof of it being artificially created.

Is the Dashka Stone (also termed the Map of the Creator) real? Does it prove that there was an advanced ancient civilization in the Ural Mountains thousands of years ago? According to a team of scientists from Bashkir State University that is exactly what they have found. Recent research and testing on the large stone slab have proven that it is indeed an ancient map carving of the area that is thousands of years old.

There is also the claim that a NASA photo of the area matches the stone slab but I really don't see it that much.

Opinions?

Read more: socyberty.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I don't see it either. I don't understand where they are seeing all of these dams and rivers. i just see some artistic representations of mountains. The same type I used to draw as a little kid.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
I don't see it either. I don't understand where they are seeing all of these dams and rivers. i just see some artistic representations of mountains. The same type I used to draw as a little kid.

You don't see the river, the lake, the large hole to the left of the lake on this map?

edit on 6-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by 304edgewood

Well it is so hard to verify sources from other countries. It sure looks real, and if the layers are really what they say..amazing! All the stories seem forever to have been coming out of that area, may then be re-looked at!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sorry but it just doesn't look like it's an accurate map of anywhere to me.
edit on 6-9-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
scientists research proves its 120,000,000 yrs old
and that it must have been based on a view from the sky or space!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Sorry but it just doesn't look like it's an accurate map of anywhere to me.
edit on 6-9-2012 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

By accurate we have to remember many changes should have happened over time, the large features are very accurate.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Looks like a slab of sun dried clay to me...

How does anyone know what the earths land masses looked like 120 MILLION years ago...

You smell that.....

that's right.

Its BULL$%&
edit on 6-9-2012 by Zaanny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

hah...one of my first threads was on this. According to moderator Byrd, it's a hoax (I never got around to verifying this) originating with Pravda. He referred me to this compilation thread covering many ooparts.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

hah...one of my first threads was on this. According to moderator Byrd, it's a hoax (I never got around to verifying this) originating with Pravda. He referred me to this compilation thread covering many ooparts.

And it is still not on any legit sites i can find .

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I see a big slab of rock with a couple cracks in it, i dont see any of the supposed symbols or even the mountain ranges.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Ron Paul is the bomb diggity.
Tool is the shiznit bamboozle.
And I'm fairly certain Byrd is a chick.

But, I could be wrong.
But not about Tool or Ron Paul.

And FWIW, I believe the legitimacy of the stone is pretty flaccid.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
There's a big fancy word for seeing what one wants to see - the mind seeking out familiar patterns and all - but I can't remember it for the life of me.

If the rock is even real and not somehow manufactured by the person promoting it - then that big word that I cannot think of is my answer.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

There's a big fancy word for seeing what one wants to see - the mind seeking out familiar patterns and all - but I can't remember it for the life of me.

If the rock is even real and not somehow manufactured by the person promoting it - then that big word that I cannot think of is my answer.

~Heff

In this case,it would be apophenia- seeing meaningful patterns in random or meaningless data.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
it is layered, huh?
and the final layer is a thin veneer of resin......

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The word you're looking for is Pareidolia

Pareidolia (play /pærɨˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon involving a vague and random stimulus (often an image or sound) being perceived as significant. Common examples include seeing images of animals or faces in clouds, the man in the moon or the Moon rabbit, and hearing hidden messages on records when played in reverse, or ancient maps in fractured slabs of rock.
(okay I added the last one...)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Even IF it is a map the landscape would of changed immeasurably in jus a few thousand years yet alone 120 million. Any self respecting scientist would know dating the age of a rock from a carving is pointless. I could carve a pretty picture on a rock a million years old. The carving will be new but the rock still date as a million......

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by minnow
scientists research proves its 120,000,000 yrs old

Yes, it's an old rock. Formed by sediments 120ma. Plenty more rocks that age in the world.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

of course it is indeed a piece of rock. and pravda is well known for sensationalising silly stuff.

btw......Byrd is a she and not a he.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gostr

Thank you. That's what I see also. A big slab with a bunch of squiggles and some cracks. I do not see any lakes, mountains, rivers or language. lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join