It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOW Gain 250pts ; Can we now say the Market is Manipulated ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The dow "represent" how good the economy is for the mass
many americans watch it each day and take very important decision with their money

What if raising the dow like that is to trick you and steal your money
only a certain group of people know in what condition the market is
and where or when to invest

Im not a market expert here
but i found this sudden rise of the Dow
like they are downplaying the reality of the situation
if they show the true numbers . panic in many US cities
because many would realise suddenly that their money are gone
imagine the shock of people that stress everyday with those numbers that are illusions

such signs mean there is a storm ahead
the dow is probably minus a millions .. because all the $ is gone
dont let computer numbers fool you
Wake up !
edit on 9/6/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
FB:US

Classic pump and dump – GD textbook, even a freshman finance major can agree. No ramifications, zero consequences. The stock market is a joke.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The DOW represents how much money is invested in the NYSE, and like most investment tradings, they work on a bubble. Typically, this means that at some point, the bubble will pop and that 250 extra points will turn into a negative, and useualy with bubbles, the bigger the pump, the bigger the pop.
The best sign to a recovering, safe economy is a steady increase, this shows stability. An increase of that amount shows hostility, and tends to point to people making a good quick buck instead of a long term investment.
People may say that this is a good sign, but in fact this is a sign of hostility, and any hostility, good or bad, tends to end in a negative effect on the economy.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I thought everyone already knew that it is manipulated.

Whether it is done in a small way or big way remains to be seen by most but even the slightest nudge by those in the know generates them huge amounts of cash.
edit on 6-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: add and spellcheck

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by Ben81

I thought everyone already knew that it is manipulated.

Thats what i though to !
but the TV magic mindtricks will certainly caught a few fish in their net

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Did you also think it was being manipulated on the way down? I doubt it.
Basically you don't know what you are talking about.
I watch the market and my own stocks minute by minute every day.
The market runs on emotion. If a good report comes out stocks go up because people feel better. The underlying fundamentals of the company didn’t change in 10 minutes.

Get yourself an account and watch the buying and selling of one stock. You will see mostly 100 share lots. That’s what the average man buys.

To say you can manipulate individuals is like saying you can herd mosquitos.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Just think.

Without all these "Ecconomic Tricks" America would be a Third World Country. The 16 Trillian Dollar Unpayable Debt, should have left your dollar worthless.

Smoke and Mirrors has kept your dollar afloat.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The low volume indicates to me that not many people in the game anymore, except for the big boys that are manipulating the market.

(and even among them, some are bowing out - Nomura's Brand New $270 Million Trading Floor won't even be used)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Research, research, reasearch, buy low, sell high.

It's worked out pretty good for me for 30+ yrs now.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The market woke up on the right side of the bed this morning, with the Dow Jones Industrials (INDEX: ^DJI ) promptly soaring by as much as 255 points, as investors expressed optimism over the European debt crisis that has plagued the market for ages. The head of the European Central Bank voiced a commitment to do "whatever it takes to preserve the euro."

Saying they would do 'whatever it takes to preserve the euro' assuaged some fears. I don't think there's any wizardry here.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Actually my take on today's message from the ECB and the reaction at the NYSE is that their last ditch efforts to save the euro by buying up their own debt means the dollar looks like a better bet, today.

Tomorrow news will be, something negative and the market will lose most of today's gains.

Not sure if it's always being truly manipulated, but no doubt big money steers the market.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Now they can advertize a new high since 2007. Look at the 6 month chart for the Dow we've been here twice before and just need a convincing breakout above 13,600. Where else are you going to get a better yield than stock dividends? Interest rates on money market stuff doesn't pay the postage to mail your check.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

No, not manipulation: Inflation. The Equities and Commodities are both rising, which signals a depreciated Dollar.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It's only manipulated as much as this guy..

edit on 6-9-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cauliflower
Now they can advertize a new high since 2007. Look at the 6 month chart for the Dow we've been here twice before and just need a convincing breakout above 13,600. Where else are you going to get a better yield than stock dividends? Interest rates on money market stuff doesn't pay the postage to mail your check.

I heard that today too, about the new high. My first instinct hearing that was, "oh no". All bubbles eventually pop.
If you are making money in the market good for you, though I'd be very careful for the rest of this year.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It used to be that the stock markets were a true indicator of the national condition, but that is no longer the case. Today's stock market is truly international. The US economy still sucks as much today as it did yesterday. The reason it went up as it did is because there will be a bond buying spree in Europe where they will go so far into debt that the end result will be total collapse. So disregard the stock market. Tomorrow when you wake up, there will still be 23 million people unemployed.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
People are manipulated every day. That's the purpose of TV and News...the political conventions..the officers of companies like Enron...Rush WhatsHisFace...Religious leaders...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by samkent

What about the 1000pts drop a few yrs back ?
and then a few seconds after it was all back to normal

Glitch in the Matrix ?

Originally posted by bg_socalif
Research, research, reasearch, buy low, sell high.

It's worked out pretty good for me for 30+ yrs now.

Buy Low Sell high !
thats the main reason everything is upside down
rich people exploiting the poor
with crap product at a high price .. buy low sell high

are you being arrogant on purpose ??

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

What about the 1000pts drop a few yrs back ?
and then a few seconds after it was all back to normal

Glitch in the Matrix ?

Programmed trading. I don't like it either.
I personally am in favor of a random delay of say 10 seconds before any trade can be entered.
Or a limit on the number of shares per minute, per account.

But you still have to keep in mind that programmed trading almost never affects the small guy. If anything it presents an opportunity for the small guy. At the time it happened a few years ago I was out in the field but if I were at my computer I would have bought in. When youi see a company like P&G drop $30 in 15 minutes for no good reason you buy. You don't get chances like that very often.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pedro4077
Just think.

Without all these "Ecconomic Tricks" America would be a Third World Country. The 16 Trillian Dollar Unpayable Debt, should have left your dollar worthless.

Smoke and Mirrors has kept your dollar afloat.

Just think.

Most Countries are tied INTO the Dollar, and will burst, Just as well.

Sucks to be a third World country, just the same.

edit on 7-9-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join