It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I experience a time rift/portal?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
First let me say that this is my first thread here on ATS!
::muppet flail::

Anyways just going to tell a little story of mine similar to what another person on here posted and sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I think I chose the right one??

While driving across town during my college years with a friend --- we were on the far east side of town and decided to go to campus and turned west, into the city. This is a straight path right to campus, no odd twists or turns. It's the main street of the town in fact and surrounded by lots and lots of businesses of which I was quite familiar with. It would only take us about 5 minutes to get to campus. We got to talking and without even realizing it we both looked around and said --- where the hell are we?? We were out in the woods, the middle of nowhere on a country road. My friend asked if I'd made a wrong turn or whatever and after following that road for a solid 15 minutes on that road we realized we were on the same road after looking for road signs, but somehow were 15 minutes east of town and arrived right back at where we had started. Strangely enough, only 20 minutes had passed between us heading towards town and getting back to where we started. The reason I knew the time was because we were deciding on where to eat dinner. So that said, that means in 5 minutes we got 15 minutes outside of town in the wrong direction, facing back where we had come from. It was as if we'd been picked up, wheels spinning and set back down and kept going right back to the start.

I've always wondered what the hell happened to us. I'd love to hear ATS' thoughts on this.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
if your butts sore them pesky aliens have been at the probing again
watch out they will be back for more

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

LOL! That or my friend has some explaining to do!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Most likely a time rift i would reckon. And where did you even hear him say his butt hurts, where does aliens even play into this. Donn't listen man there was nothing to do whit aliens probing you so u can rule that theory out. Anyways things like this happens to the best of us so no worries mate.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by powerdrone

If your butt does hurt
Maybe you're driving a Probe.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Hey I guess anything is possible. Cool story.

One time a friend and I were leaving the bar at closing time and experienced the phenomenon called where’s my car. Had to come back the next day to find it.

edit on 6-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerTerumi

LOL. No, my butt didn't hurt.
I was just playing along. I've just always wondered who else had experienced something like this. I still can't explain it to this day.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
On a side note that may or may not have to do with this. I do on occasion get random scars I can't explain. Usually a perfect half circle of dots or a long line of dots around 1 inch to 2 inches. They heal after a week or so. No explanation of where or how I got them. That, unlike the probes (LOL), is not a joke.
So who knows. Maybe aliens are involved.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Here is link to a good read about time distortions experienced by others.
As Time Goes By: UFOs and Time Distortions
Best regards,
Z

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
had to get the earlier one in sorry 2 many bs here
when i was a kid long time ago 73 maybe i was walking across a field near my house one minute it was 10 am i heard my grandmother shout me i turned round and it was suddenly 1.50 pm i have never been able to explain this to this day
unless something like this happens to you it is hard to understand

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

If you described this actually which I am sure you did, it sounds very like many other peoples experiences. if the location you found yourselves was not unusual, no old fashioned mail boxes and homes no old road signs etc. the it may well have been and abduction.

I have had many odd experiences, once a child my sister and I who shared a small bed woke at the wrong end of the bed, covers were straight and the pillows were with us.

I love the stories of people suddenly seeming to be in the past and a few in the future!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Cool stuff.

I think time is a matter of perception. Do you wonder if two people look at the same thing do they see it the same way? Does it look the same? Maybe not.

I think maybe we all live in our own "reality". I know I'm crazy but it doesn't mean I'm wrong.

So when it comes to time maybe my minute or second or hour is different than yours or anybody elses.

It would explain why some people are always late and others always seem to be early.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by geobro

No worries man!
I've got a sense of humor.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Definitely an interesting thought. Hopefully there's a reason I'm being abducted then. I'd like to think it's how superbly awesome I am rather than 'subject d'. lol.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Time IS relative- I'm convinced within my own brain that it is not constant. Your story, OP, reminded me of a weird situation a couple years back that also involved a college town...

I was at my daughter's apartment off-campus when my son called from my house b/c I was not home at the time I told him I'd drive him back to campus. I was shocked at how late it had gotten, but chalked it up to 'time flies when you're having fun.'

I grabbed my purse and headed out the door, telling him I was on the way. I drove as fast as I could, watching the speedometer so I wouldn't get pulled. It felt like it was taking forever! (But that's how it feels sometimes when you're already late, right?) Luckily I made every green light and nobody got in my way.

But when I pulled in the driveway, he was chomping at the bit, saying "Where have you been? What took you so long???" I told him I hurried and made every light, etc. He said he'd already called my daughter after 20 minutes b/c I didn't answer his call. (???- my cell did not ring)

He said he was getting worried b/c it only takes 10 minutes from her apartment to my house. It took more than twice that amount!!! Speed limit is 50 all the way-- no way I was going 25 miles an hour! I was watching that speedometer, and if it was broke-- well-- no cars were passing me, in fact I was passing THEM.

He couldn't help but be skeptical, but laughed about 'time warp' just the same. Me? I was totally creeped out! It defies logic. Oh, and yes... there was a missed call from him 20 minutes into my supposed 10 minute drive.

Only other thing to add... there was just a strangeness about the night-- foggy, with a huge orange full moon on the rise when I left her apartment. It was the largest the moon has ever appeared in my 51 years on this planet. Very surreal and Twilight Zone experience, for sure.

So yeah, I believe your weird story. Can't explain it, but believe that it happened as stated.
edit on 9/6/2012 by new_here because: typo

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

i would check things out ? in 1987 i had something removed from my nasal cavity in a dental surgery at the time it flew over my head it was only in my mid 30s i got myself a computer and started looking into things .i still dont believe in little green men and have never been able to explain a 4 hour loss one summer morning . does your friend have any links to army etc through family ? trust no one least of all yourself is a wise old saying

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Don't feel like the Lone Ranger

This happened to me and my wife not too long ago. It was time for me to renew my operators and had to go to the next town over to the DMV. This town is known for Mothman and The Braxton County Monster sightings, BTW
. Anyways, as we pulled of the exit heading home, as we've done millions of times, 12 minutes later we were coming down the hill into the capital city---almost an hours drive away and totally out of our way!
I just became 'aware' is the only way I can describe it, and saw some bushes by the road that I've been wanting around my place and told my wife that we needed to come over here this weekend and dig these up. As I looked over at her, she was gazing straight ahead, while leaning forward, her eyes big and she was motionless. I've never seen her that way before.

Then, she started talking, like she was coming out of a trance or something. My head felt like it was buzzing. She said "where are we" and thats when we noticed we were coming into the city. I had to pull off the road and we started trying to rationalize what had just happened. We were blown away. We knew something had happened, something incredible! We were talking loud like WTF!! Just!! Happened!! There's no way I missed our exit and was day dreaming or anything like that. Didn't notice any strange marks or anything like that either. We have no memory after coming off the ramp onto the highway heading home until we came to near the capital.

We recently went back there and retraced our steps, and there is no way....It made us more clear that something unusual happened that day. Was it a time travel/time slip or alien intervention? IDK, but it certainly happened and we will never forget it.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Feels like we're all experiencing an episode of Dark City.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
yes it can be a portal did you try again going to the same pace where you experienced this,people say earth has hiden portals invisibe linking to other time and space.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Mine are still happening, and time keeps hiccuping along. I noticed there is a difference between me 'losing track of time' and being sucked butt end first into the twilight zone: The confusion.

When I lose track of time (like when I am fighting with this gawd awful 3d program at school- it is a time sucking, soul sucking monster)- I look up, realize I am now late, or roll is about to be called (music and earphones help me lose track while wrestling Maya: Demon Software), and my internal clock resets in a snap. A bit like going to Time.is and catching up tardy electronics. I roll through it and life goes on.

When this time slip/ trip/ flip nonsense happens, I end up disoriented. My internal clock takes at least a couple hours to reset itself, my mind stays addled for even longer (confusion from trying to bring logic into Wonderland).
It's irritating because for the most part, this seems to be a freak of nature thing. Like those tourist attractions like in Oregon- gravity looks like it's gone nuts (tho I think it's how stuff is built, and there's a optical illusion on a grand scale). I dont know why I/ we are attracting it, how, nothing.

I do have a question OP- have you cut anything out of your diet? (High Fructose, gluten, additives, etc). We have. Fructose turns me into a rage filled SOB (not to mention my weight has gone down like a rock). After finding out what was causing me to turn into a obnoxious pinkish Hulk- we began cutting crap out of our diet. we eat as healthy as money allows. No more McDonalds, either.

I wonder if that is not important. Just not sure *how*.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join