It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge furious about undercover Police as Provocateurs in Occupy Movement in Texas

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Yep... the Austin Occupiers were planning to just link arms. It is this undercover and possibly others who brought the idea of this device, perchased it for them, and showed them how to use it.... all the while knowing it would get them a felony instead of a mistomeaner charge.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Yes, there was communication between the two departments.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Although the questions remains as to why Austin undercover officers were infiltrating the Occupy Houston movement. One would think there would be jurisdiction issues.

That's a good question. There is some explanation of this in the court transcrips.... from what I have read, HPD was alerted that there was some "intelligence" which indicated there might be such activity taking place on the day of the port protest.

The judge seems to be a bit puzzled as to why HPD officers were sent into a situation they did not know 100% info about (for their safety) (Since they alledgedly knew NOTHING about the APD undercovers and their actions)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Yes, there are jurisdiction issues, which bring up the possibility of state and federal agencies into the picture.... again, since APD Chief thanked the "fusion center".

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Here is the latest court transcript, from Sept. 7th, 2012

occupyaustin.org...

enjoy! (oh, and please comment.... ty)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hmmm. Nothing new there.

I clearly remember the "kraker rellen" ( squatter-riots) of the 80's in the Netherlands. I was in the Military Police in those days, as a conscript, mind You, and word was that we should be careful as to whó we hit when charging.

Why? Because there were "officers amongst the rioters" .....'S cuse me? Why?. Heh, in the end we hit every rioter as hard as we could with our riot bats. Yup.. I succeeded to knock one undercover-cop down, but, as we were military, they didn't file charges. Too scared of us I guess.

Why did we hit so hard? Well, because éven those "undercover" were swept along in the enthusiasm, and started throwing bricks, allthewhile rioters were dropping sidewalk tiles on our heads from the roofs.. Great fun&exitement (nót.. Do nót pee-off military police in riot gear.)

Onthe other hand, éven when people started to fire slingshots with ball-bearing at us, splintering our shields, none of us pulled their guns, while the cops immediately started waving their walthers.. Pussies!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
The only reason this has come to light is that one of the undercover officers began bragging about his involvement.

"I believe he is a government provocateur," Gladden said. "I didn't find out from the DA's office or the police. I found out because Dowell was bragging to the wrong people about setting these kids up, and they tipped us off. It was his big mouth that got him down here."

Houston Chronicle

It's disappointing to see the lengths some people in a position of authority will go to in order to achieve a means to an end.

I couldn't agree with you more and too add insult to injury, it sounds like right here:

I found out because Dowell was bragging to the wrong people about setting these kids up, and they tipped us off. It was his big mouth that got him down here."

That the authorities would have been completely okay with this officers behavior had he not been caught

Houston Chronicle
edit on 9/8/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: Add Link

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
No surprise here. If anything, I am pleased that this is again being brought to light. Government provocateurs have been used for a long time; I saw it in the Vietnam protests. They infiltrate otherwise peaceful movements that paint the government in a poor light, provoke others to violence or commit it themselves and then the entire movement gets painted that way.

The Occupy movements were all compromised as have been many protest marches or gatherings. Every time I hear of an otherwise peaceful group of people being accused of vandalism, property destruction or simple violence, I automatically assume that it is government provocateurs at work. It creates a sense among others that these people are not only wrong but dangerous felons prone to hurting our communities or country.

Welcome to America. You will be provided the correct amount of propaganda in all forms to lead you where you need to go.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Beaux

Was gonna write a lengthy reply, but you took the words right out of my mouth. Well put!

edit on 8-9-2012 by FightClub because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2012 by FightClub because: fixed a mistake... forgot to leave a reason for editing the first time, sorry!

edit on 8-9-2012 by FightClub because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Beaux

Not only in America. They pulled that trick here too.. (The Netherlands in the tumultuous 80's)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join