It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge furious about undercover Police as Provocateurs in Occupy Movement in Texas

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by ideasarebulletproof

Originally posted by deadeyedick
It looks like Alex Jones has been right about this one all along.
It is kinda strange that they were from Austin.

They probably got the idea from Alex Jones with his Texas gun rally infiltration.

its an old tried and true tactic.

Traditionally, an agent provocateur (plural: agents provocateurs, French for "inciting agent(s)") is an agent employed by the police or other entity to act undercover to entice or provoke another person to commit an illegal act. More generally, the term may refer to a person or group that seeks to discredit or harm another by provoking them to commit a wrong or rash action.

I know this. I was being sarcastic to a poster who was basically saying Alex Jones "predicted" this would happen, therefore he is smart. Which he isn't. Lol

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
www.thelonestarwatchdog.com...

It seems some police officers in Texas went undercover and got the occupiers to up scale their demonstration and because of that felony charges were issued instead of misdemeanor charges.

The judge deconstructs disinformation by the Texas police.

The Toronto (and other police) did exactly the same thing during the G20, they brought in undercover cops that presented themselves to protestors as the Black Bloc. In many instances on video, the Black Bloc inflitrators who had escalated the violence, were then protected by the police behind police lines. This has also happened in Montreal during protests. This seems a common way for the police to control opposition and put people deliberately and with malice aforethought in harms way as well as to produce an increase in property damage.

It is a shame our judges are neither insightful enough or free enough to make their own decisions. Wish I could give the Judge in Texas an S&F but by default it goes to the OP ;-)

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

they were always meant to get caught in the act in order to whip up the angry masses, the goal is to get the system to collapse in order to install communism. This plays into both the system's and occupy's hands.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Explain

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

The people that followed this provocateur are just as guilty as he is. As the saying goes..."All it takes is a spark."

In their hearts and minds, they wanted this but were to afraid to lead. Mob mentality comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Police have been doing this sort of thing for a very long time. Haven't you heard the judicial system is big business in the USA? There is no money to be made in a peaceful world, it's bad for business. What happens when you have so many losing their jobs and live all in the crowded city? Well riots and crime is what happens. So they take your jobs away, kick you out on the streets, kick you when your down, then when you're lost with no hope and break the law, they ultimately throw you in jail for stealing food to eat.

There is plenty of poof out there. How about a flash back to LA California police S.I.S?? Another example... all the pictures and video of all the things that happen in Occupy. Yelling through megaphones for people to disperse but at the same time blocking off both ends of the bridge. Another video police blocking off all exits and the protesters was forced to break down a chain link fence to get away. They never had any intention in letting anyone leave. Oh sure they will let you go but only through the exits they control so they can arrest you. There is no such thing as a peaceful protest folks when the goal of the police is to secretly incite violence to the point of riots so they can force you to leave with tear gas, rubber bullets, water cannons. See how that works? You never really had a right to protest. Welcome to the real world.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ainsley

Is there an overall agenda I ponder? like a mass US entrapment scenario slowly unravelling poke by poke (I live in the UK and from an outside perspective.. it seems like you're being set up from every angle).

Ainsley and All, just had to say I think we have the same problem (not necessarily conspiracy, but corruption) in the U.K, where I believe entrapment by the police is legal.
U.S.A. are not alone here, its worldwide.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
My opinion about why cops do this.

They know that the people protesting (not just Occupy folks) will be prepared for confrontation, will know the laws and rules of engagement and will be prepared to use that knowledge against any strong-arm tactics of law enforcement.

This "wisdom" drives cops nuts. "How dare someone use law and rights against someone who's job it is to uphold the law! If they want to do this, they better be prepared to get their head smashed in (insert more macho-bravado and ego-masturbation here..)"

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

It seems some police officers in Texas went undercover and got the occupiers to up scale their demonstration and because of that felony charges were issued instead of misdemeanor charges.

I'm gonna guess that the judge is sooooo upset that he's going to do what exactly? Nothing? I've also gotta ask why the judge and prosecuting attorney would be such weenies to prosecute these kids for felonies based on PVC pipe. Seems like a three stooges production. Justice? What justice?

Right now these government and LE "players" are walking around free, appearing on news and playing the game. But, you know I watched a video recently where a different sort of player, over the border in Mexico, took a chainsaw and dismembered two members of his "opposition". In glorious Technicolor. As our economy implodes, these continued BS government games could quite literally lead to explosive violence -- just like our neighbor to the south is experiencing. I can't believe the government and LE can't see this possibility coming.

edit on 7-9-2012 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
I hope this judge follows up on this and asks how many other police departments were also involved as provocateurs and instigators in other protests and civil gatherings.

I wonder where our local ATS member LEOs stand on this story? And entrapment in general.
edit on 6-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Providing the means to break the law is not"entrapment"(in "legalese"). If an undercover officer says "You should break into that bank to get back at the1%! Or are you too much of a"wuss"? ;Here use this crowbar.".
And you take his crowbar and you do it ;

You are solely responsible for your actions. Plain and simple.Nobody can "make you" do something.
If on the other hand the officer pry's open the locked door to let you in He is guilty of breaking and entering.
In this case the cop knew it was technically an escalation to use the pvc; So he/she manipulated the situation to the detriment of the protestors; (legal but unethical! bad cop,no doughnut.)
Handing somebody pvc is not a crime. creating a bomb(with it) and injuring somebody would be; using it to frustrate riot police (though not a crime in itself) seems to add to the severity of a charge.

Added: Lesson: if you are gonna"skirt" the edges of the law; Know what you are playing with..You will beheld responsible for your actions.

edit on 7-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2012 by 46ACE because: added:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

www.thelonestarwatchdog.com...

Let's none of us be deluded into thinking this is uncommon for any level of government.

The FBI is notorious for busting "terrorist operations" that they themselves instigated and enabled by sending undercovers to rile someone up against the government they themselves are working for to the point of finally being talked in to doing something about it, then providing materials and training this person otherwise wouldn't have had access to in the first place.

As far as I'm concerned, it goes so far beyond entrapment or agent provocateurs as to almost reach the point of treason or false flag attack, were they actually to perchance provide real munitions instead of the dummy materials usually involved.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

As with any group, it is the actions of the few that taint the many. It would be easy to fall prey to a shallow stereotype and loudly proclaim that all within that segment of society must be guilty of the same. But that would be a shame to allow our thinking to be guided by such weak rationale. There is no shame in clearly standing by one's convictions and being genuinely disappointed when instances such as this occur. After all, we are dealing with the execption to the rule -- not the guiding standard.

Tell that to the anti-OWS crowd here. That massive single brush was painted over anyone and everyone with any issues with the current system, as well as users here.

The fact remains, if the "99%" crowd was half as bad as these people want you to believe, they wouldn't need provocateurs.

Same as, oh, was it the G8 in quebec?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Why is people willfully chaining themselves together with pvc a Felony offense anyways? Thats quite honestly retarded. who got hurt? no one. who was inconvenienced? everyone. who was in the most uncomfortable position? the protestors. Seems to me inconveniencing people is something the cops do more than anyone so wheres their felony charges? Aside from that these protestors really only caused themselves allot of trouble and for such a minor offense I'd say they punished themselves enough. The judge should throw the case against them out and see about having the cops prosecuted!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Pretty sickening stuff right there. When people get desperate, they will resort to desperate measures and it's becoming evermore apparent that the 1%ers are getting desperate to maintain their control over the rest of us.

IMO, this cop should be the sole recipient of any and all felony charges issued in lieu of this event. Those who were originally charged, should be placed on his jury.

F&S for the OP.

See this is the type of delusion one expects from basement dwellers on ATS. The 1% as you call them are not getting desperate as you put it, trying to maintain control. THEY HAVE control full and unbalanced. You my little friend are simply desperate to be noticed.

NO control has been lost barring OUR control over our lives.

I can't stand people like you with a clear lack of general sense and just wanting to be part of the crowd so so badly.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I don't agree with a lot of what the occupiers are doing, and in fact I don't even like them, however they are excersizing their First Amendment rights.

Whether the cops like it or not, the occupiers have a right to voice their opinions. Cops resorting to such tactics is immoral, possibly illegal, and just plain disgusting, and that cop should be suspended without pay, at the very least, and possibly thrown in jail.

My problem with this is not so much what the cops did THIS time, but the can of worms that will be opened if things like this are allowed to continue.

There is no bigger threat to a free society than criminal law enforcement.

edit on 9/7/2012 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six6Six

See this is the type of delusion one expects from basement dwellers on ATS. The 1% as you call them are not getting desperate as you put it, trying to maintain control. THEY HAVE control full and unbalanced. You my little friend are simply desperate to be noticed.

NO control has been lost barring OUR control over our lives.

I can't stand people like you with a clear lack of general sense and just wanting to be part of the crowd so so badly.

I'm not sure about the mental state of the 1%, but I am absolutely sure TPTB are pushing the civilian population harder. Almost as if they are searching for the resistance point. If this nonsense continues and increases, I predict they will eventually find that that point.

Believe anything you like, criminally charging these kids with anything over their first amendment expressions is criminal. It's especially bad when this gangster "government" is murdering civilians wholesale and refuses to prosecute torturers. There are far too many combat-trained veterans in our country ...... and very real foreign terrorists on our southern borders that could be recruited ..... for this government to get by with this criminal conduct forever. It will be interesting to watch this unfold from a historical perspective.

An interesting observation though -- if TPTB were not concerned about their grip on power, why would DHS and FEMA engage an Indiana county official about "hardening" their police and fire stations?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well apparently this judge didn't get the memo from TPTB regarding the Occupy movement.

Campbell also expressed concern about the apparent failure of Austin police to inform the Houston Police Department about its ongoing undercover investigation before the arrests at the port. The judge questioned the safety of HPD officers and the public, citing a scenario where a bomb could have been assembled by the undercover agents and handed over to protesters.

source

Is this a case of a couple of rogue undercover officers running amok -- which is a very real possibility -- or is this a bona fide case of calculated entrapment?

Hard to say, as a plausible argument could be made either way.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Too much time and money on their hands. Too much Homeland Security Money.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

This has been going on since the 60's. Look up Cointelpro.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

The cop is of one of at least 3.... Occupy Austin is demanding the release of the names of all of the undercovers AND of any and all other authorities who knew of this action.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join