It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge furious about undercover Police as Provocateurs in Occupy Movement in Texas

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
www.thelonestarwatchdog.com...

It seems some police officers in Texas went undercover and got the occupiers to up scale their demonstration and because of that felony charges were issued instead of misdemeanor charges.

The judge deconstructs disinformation by the Texas police.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RussianScientists

Pretty sickening stuff right there. When people get desperate, they will resort to desperate measures and it's becoming evermore apparent that the 1%ers are getting desperate to maintain their control over the rest of us.

IMO, this cop should be the sole recipient of any and all felony charges issued in lieu of this event. Those who were originally charged, should be placed on his jury.

F&S for the OP.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
The only reason this has come to light is that one of the undercover officers began bragging about his involvement.

"I believe he is a government provocateur," Gladden said. "I didn't find out from the DA's office or the police. I found out because Dowell was bragging to the wrong people about setting these kids up, and they tipped us off. It was his big mouth that got him down here."

Houston Chronicle

It's disappointing to see the lengths some people in a position of authority will go to in order to achieve a means to an end.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Uh....So, the police spokesman said that the undercover officers were to blend into and infiltrate the Occupy movement for the "safety" of the community, yet it was those same undercover bozos who escalated the protests via pvc piping.

How incredibly stupid and hypocritical.....But not completely surprising. This should be a lesson for any group that plans on peacefully protesting, if you have some yay-hoo that shows up in your midst and starts trying to ratchet up the action, you know they're a stinking cop.

That also goes for any posting on ATS.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Quite an interesting set of events.I'm interested in what Houston Chief of Police Charles McClelland has to say on the matter. Was there communication between the two affected departments? The story sighted safety for the public and the protesters as a reasoning for the operation, certainly for the safety of the officers involved there would have been communication between the two departments. If you don't know who Chief McClelland is, there was a recent story about how he was in legal trouble over remarks he made during a trial. Which where he stated some officers who were implicated in a taped beating should be charged with felonies.

Chief Charles McClelland testified Tuesday in the trial of Andrew Blomberg, one of four HPD officers charged in the videotaped beating of a teenaged burglar named Chad Holley. After the chief’s testimony, he spoke with reporters outside the courtroom and said he thought the officers should have been charged with felonies.
SOURCE

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Although the questions remains as to why Austin undercover officers were infiltrating the Occupy Houston movement. One would think there would be jurisdiction issues.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

That's incredible, Is it entrapment or not?

The authorities seem to be more annoyed at the mere fact that the undercover "police officer" got caught for boasting, more so than infiltrating. At least the judge saw some sort of sense with a face+palm reaction.

Is there an overall agenda I ponder? like a mass US entrapment scenario slowly unravelling poke by poke (I live in the UK and from an outside perspective.. it seems like you're being set up from every angle).

ains,
edit on 6-9-2012 by ainsley because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RussianScientists
www.thelonestarwatchdog.com...

It seems some police officers in Texas went undercover and got the occupiers to up scale their demonstration and because of that felony charges were issued instead of misdemeanor charges.

The judge deconstructs disinformation by the Texas police.

The POLICE by LAW, CANNOT BREAK the LAW to ENFORCE the LAW. What that COP did was to break the law, knowingly, and then push OCCUPY movement members to break the law. He set them up to get FELONY charges filed instead of the standard misdemeanor charges they would have got. That GUY DOES NOT need to be in law enforcement PERIOD !

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
an entirely unsurprising and typical tactic for the police to have used. this is the now.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I hope this judge follows up on this and asks how many other police departments were also involved as provocateurs and instigators in other protests and civil gatherings.

I wonder where our local ATS member LEOs stand on this story? And entrapment in general.
edit on 6-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ainsley

That's incredible, Is it entrapment or not?

The authorities seem to be more annoyed at the mere fact that the undercover "police officer" got caught for boasting, more so than infiltrating. At least the judge saw some sort of sense with a face+palm reaction.

Is there an overall agenda I ponder? like a mass US entrapment scenario slowly unravelling poke by poke (I live in the UK and from an outside perspective.. it seems like you're being set up from every angle).

ains,
edit on 6-9-2012 by ainsley because: (no reason given)

Yes, I don't think this issue gets much mention.

Rebellion is being indirectly suggested in American news, TV shows, Radio, and the like. Most people that comment on this site and others all have a rebellous bent. I think a lot of it is being instilled by "the powers that be". After all, they are said to be wanting to bring about a collapse in America. Wouldn't that be the most efficient way to do it? Make the government look criminal then offer the solution of violence? Thus bringing about military in the streets and a total surveillance state? I fear that we American's are playing right into their hands when we speak of violent means to an end.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
It looks like Alex Jones has been right about this one all along.
It is kinda strange that they were from Austin.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I see the old "We had to destroy the village in order to save it."mentality is alive and well.Let's see if this judge is willing to look into this.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Looks like COINTELPRO is still alive and kicking, eh?

Pathetic fascists.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
The only reason this has come to light is that one of the undercover officers began bragging about his involvement.

"I believe he is a government provocateur," Gladden said. "I didn't find out from the DA's office or the police. I found out because Dowell was bragging to the wrong people about setting these kids up, and they tipped us off. It was his big mouth that got him down here."

Houston Chronicle

It's disappointing to see the lengths some people in a position of authority will go to in order to achieve a means to an end.

What is truly disappointing is seeing surprise in peoples reactions, and being disappointed, in the fact that they think anything other than knowing that people in positions of authority will always to whatever it takes to achieve a means to an end.

When one is disappointed in something, it is usually because they are expecting a opposite response from that which they were anticipating.

So, why do you still believe anything other than "power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely", and that the last 30 years has been anything other than "absolute power and corruption"?

When does the disappointment " expectation and anticipation" of the circumstances remove itself then?

When denial that the entire system is ruined and it needs to be destroyed is removed as well?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HermitShip

As with any group, it is the actions of the few that taint the many. It would be easy to fall prey to a shallow stereotype and loudly proclaim that all within that segment of society must be guilty of the same. But that would be a shame to allow our thinking to be guided by such weak rationale.

There is no shame in clearly standing by one's convictions and being genuinely disappointed when instances such as this occur. After all, we are dealing with the execption to the rule -- not the guiding standard.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
No, guys.... police officers do not infiltrate protest groups in order to cause disruption to the peoples right to peaceably assemble and petition the government for redress of grievances....

This is all CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY talk.

You [snip] tin foil hat wearing nutters....

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Beware the agent provacateur...

We have plenty on ATS as well...

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick

They probably got the idea from Alex Jones with his Texas gun rally infiltration.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ideasarebulletproof

Originally posted by deadeyedick

They probably got the idea from Alex Jones with his Texas gun rally infiltration.

its an old tried and true tactic.

Traditionally, an agent provocateur (plural: agents provocateurs, French for "inciting agent(s)") is an agent employed by the police or other entity to act undercover to entice or provoke another person to commit an illegal act. More generally, the term may refer to a person or group that seeks to discredit or harm another by provoking them to commit a wrong or rash action.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join