It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking "UFO's" in Biblical Paintings

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Maroboduus

Or, that was the interpretation that the painters gave to something they knew nothing about.

As a matter of fact, we even have accounts in the bible of ufos and their occupants, such as Ezekiel's wheel within a wheel that came down from the heavens and 4 creatures came out of it. Since back then there was no knowledge about spacecraft and body suits needed to survive in space, the explanation was that they looked like a mixture of creatures.

You think "you debunked this", but you dind't debunk anything. You only made your own interpretation and claim "my belief is the right one and I don't want to hear differently..."

You say: "As a matter of fact, we even have accounts in the bible of ufos and their occupants, ..." No we don't. No fact, just modern interpretation. Belief has nothing to do with it. You have no idea if such a personality as Ezekiel actually existed so anything attributed to him is immaterial, just biblical myth.

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus
Here's a photo that you are all familiar with and some of you hold to it as proof of a UFO. Not really, as has been explained in the thread. But I wonder if you have noticed the inconsistency by the perspective-challenged painter. The little figure of a man looking up is not really looking at the "UFO". He's holding his right arm up to shield his eyes and his left arm is by his side. The "UFO" is really behind him!

posted on Sep, 2 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: sTrOPilhON
I still find it strange that people are discussing imagery that was created hundreds, if not thousands of years after the general accepted date of the event, by artists that weren't even in the region of said event.

None of the painters were. What we see is pure imagination depicting religious belief. Since most painters worked on commission I wonder what the patrons' instructions to the painters were and were the patrons satisfied by the results and did they understand what was depicted.

<< 7  8  9   >>

join