Spirit Science; a full movie

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Yeah, you apparently don't understand the concept of plagiarism. It isn't "building on the knowledge of others", it is "presenting the work of others as your own."

*ahem* This brings to mind a certain sacred text held to be the absolute truth (despite the obvious contradiction in that something so 'absolute' doesn't spawn so much confusion).
edit on 6-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Yeah, you apparently don't understand the concept of plagiarism. It isn't "building on the knowledge of others", it is "presenting the work of others as your own."

*ahem* This brings to mind a certain sacred text held to be the absolute truth (despite the obvious contradiction in that something so 'absolute' doesn't spawn so much confusion).

Once again, you seem to be confusing me with a Christian Fundamentalist, which I am not.

Is it really that important to you that I fulfill that role, on a completely unrelated subject?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Nowhere in that post did I imply that you fulfill that role. However, you seem to be intent on painting "New Age" with the same stripes the Bible has earned, despite the fact that "New Age" is much older than any modern religion.

That's my point here.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Not at all. I view "New Age" as being that which is a blending of Eastern and Western philosophies -- in itself, not necessarily a bad thing, but in realization... I have yet to see anyone pull it off with anything apart from a total disaster.

I have my selfish, Western, perceptions, that colour that view, but every New Age teacher that comes along seems to:

1) Misrepresent the Western theologies and/or Western histories
2) Misrepresent the Eastern theologies and/or Eastern histories
3) Want my money

That pushes me in the skeptics circle, even before I've given it much thought.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I agree with the cute white puppy. Kinda.. I happen to like spirit science, but I don't recommend it to newbs. Meaning that if you are just starting to find out you want "other" knowledge do not go to someone like that first.

I can pick out truth everywhere.

There is some(truth) in the series "spirit science." Problem is that maybe 60% of spirit science is cheezy, sleezy nothingness... And another 20% is seemingly made up...

Even though I have been around the block a few times, and all I trust is me, there are some great truths to be seen in Spirit science.. You have to decide yourself, and NEVER close the book. Your knowledge/beliefs can be ever changing and you can borrow from everything..

This post is not aimed at the white doggy (sorry bad memory for names).. White doggy has the closest thoughts here as to mine, but still I look for info everywhere, even from kooky places.

By the way we are all, creating all, all the time, forever in a moment... And still we have to live a human life.

On a side note: If the spirit science guy really copied the guy whos name I cannot spell, then he is not Spiritual. His spirit would not let him do such a thing, he would want to create out of his own uniqueness. It is a spiritual need to create me thinks. I cannot imagine slapping my name on someone elses thoughts.. Besides I usually think I am smarter than others so I wouldn't ever trust copying hahahahah. (half kidding)
edit on 9/7/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I can see your point. You can see truth anywhere you want to, but if you're just starting out, you have to learn the ropes before you can decipher what's legitimate and what's total bs.

Seems we have a lot of people here who are just learning.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I can see your point. You can see truth anywhere you want to, but if you're just starting out, you have to learn the ropes before you can decipher what's legitimate and what's total bs.

haha You got it.. Sometimes I am sneaky at both sides of an argument cause they're all right and all wrong. My post was a jab at both sides, even though I think both sides were right.

to people who want to get into spirit science:

-Don't follow the "history" parts too closely.
-don't follow the "everything's sunny sunshine and it's all our fault if it's not." part either..

Still..
Many Wise points to be had in each (almost every) segment..
I've watched them all at least twice.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Don't bother... they're all
love and light and hugs and kisses... until you disagree with them.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
to people who want to get into spirit science:

-Don't follow the "history" parts too closely.
-don't follow the "everything's sunny sunshine and it's all our fault if it's not." part either..

Still..
Many Wise points to be had in each (almost every) segment..
I've watched them all at least twice.

That's the ticket. It's a lot of truth mixed with a lot of no truth.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Pot meet kettle... kettle meet pot... eh, I won't be that pretentious but you get it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
That was a really insightful video -- I bookmarked it and plan to watch the rest when I have more time.

The one issue I have always had with the Law of Attraction is this: What about people, say, for example who were in the Aurora movie theater when James Holmes committed his atrocious acts. Did those who were shot and killed attract that into their lives somehow? What did they all individually do to receive a collective outcome (their death)?

That's the only issue I have with the law of attraction. Is a soldier who is shot whilst defending his country killed because he didn't think enough happy thoughts? It's something to think about.

I've always believed that everything in life is a lesson, the death of a loved one and worldly tragedies occur to teach lessons -- as hard to accept as they may be. To me, that doesn't fit into the Law of Attraction. If I am a spiritual being put on Earth, meant to experience obstacles to therefore acquire more wisdom, why take the challenge (and the point) out of living if I can just attract all the positive things into my life, thus making it pointless? How does the law of attraction come into that mentality?

Answers are appreciated. Thank you.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Hematite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

As always, SpiritScience has given me my version of college - education that I deem worthy of undertaking, unlike the superficial busybody machine training that we're supposed to subject ourselves to.

I'll be very busy studying this video and its implications. All of it rings true, so far. I just hope it advances from being called "New Age" to being considered an actual respectable science. It already is...it just needs to be recognized. More people need to know about this. The whole world needs to see and understand it.

We need this information in order to grow. Otherwise, we're stuck in neutral, or chasing our tails in little circles, or whatever.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hi loveisanart,

It's so sad that people think the new age knowledge is demonic, it obviously goes against their religion, that's all.

The spirit science videos are great for expanding you perseptions. The vids say not to take it all as truth and to use your own desertion at all times.

The new age thing seems to use bit from different cultures and religions which is proberly there that the truths are hidden. Separated, but overall, the truths from all these, may paint the true picture. How can 7billion people be wrong? I believe all the pieces are out there, we just haven't a clue what it looks like so can't put it all together. This is why people are now feeling for the truth, instead of using logic, the logic prevents us from finding the awnsers, buts us in a box governed by the laws.... Of physics.

Keep on what you are doing
i like your style

Wifi

Ps, YouTube link not working for me.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

As always, SpiritScience has given me my version of college - education that I deem worthy of undertaking, unlike the superficial busybody machine training that we're supposed to subject ourselves to.

I'll be very busy studying this video and its implications. All of it rings true, so far. I just hope it advances from being called "New Age" to being considered an actual respectable science. It already is...it just needs to be recognized. More people need to know about this. The whole world needs to see and understand it.

We need this information in order to grow. Otherwise, we're stuck in neutral, or chasing our tails in little circles, or whatever.

I Agee totally. Knowledge is power is freedom.

Wifi

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
I s'pose it's not the best moment to mention that Jordan thinks that he's found a physical manifestation of Thoth (who ascended to a higher dimension over a decade ago, according to Drunvalo Melchizedek) (who is played by a guy called Elijah Green who thinks that he's a Green Lantern).

Yeah.

Seraph

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hematite
That was a really insightful video -- I bookmarked it and plan to watch the rest when I have more time.

The one issue I have always had with the Law of Attraction is this: What about people, say, for example who were in the Aurora movie theater when James Holmes committed his atrocious acts. Did those who were shot and killed attract that into their lives somehow? What did they all individually do to receive a collective outcome (their death)?

That's the only issue I have with the law of attraction. Is a soldier who is shot whilst defending his country killed because he didn't think enough happy thoughts? It's something to think about.

I've always believed that everything in life is a lesson, the death of a loved one and worldly tragedies occur to teach lessons -- as hard to accept as they may be. To me, that doesn't fit into the Law of Attraction. If I am a spiritual being put on Earth, meant to experience obstacles to therefore acquire more wisdom, why take the challenge (and the point) out of living if I can just attract all the positive things into my life, thus making it pointless? How does the law of attraction come into that mentality?

Answers are appreciated. Thank you.
edit on 7-9-2012 by Hematite because: (no reason given)

I love anything that opens the mind, and spirit science does just that, especially good for people who have not yet journeyed far from a book of sorts. After watching one of these videos you can't help but to research that which interests you.

I understand your dilemma with the law of attraction. Karma is what I call it.

For the body to die is no sweat off a spirit/ souls back. Only here in the realm of time do we mourn as we feel a major loss and even with time on our side we still have a hard time healing, especially after losing a child.

I bawled my eyes out last night. A friend of my daughters lost her battle to cancer yesterday after a three yr battle. Some say she won the battle and is now at home where she belongs. Still though, my heart breaks for the family because my family went through the same thing, only my step son, Josh battled the illness for five years. For a family to watch a child suffer with pain for years is like something out of a horror film. It's horrible and horrific!

My heart aches so bad because although it's been almost 15 yrs ago the pain is embedded and will never go away. My heart knows the pain this family is enduring and will endure for the rest of their days. As of right now, the parents have faith and lots of it, I hope the faith gets the, through their journey from here on out.

It's taken me many years to understand WHY!?!?

I believe for children who pass their job was to come maybe not for their soul, but for their parents.

Each of us sacrifice our life for either our own soul or another.

There is a job to do prior to incarnating into a body. Goals are set and they( the incarnated soul which is the subconscious and other souls) are endlessly working for said goal/goals! You are even guided to reach said goals from others who are not incarnated at this time.

In a past life if you killed someone then chances are .... this life, you will be killed.

Each experience is a lesson, in my view anyway. :-)
The phrase " what comes around goes around" is accurate.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

In my opinion Spirit Science is something that Jesus also taught. All of our gurus have taught this spirit science since the beginning of time and it's really wrong for other to say new age when it's not new at all. Lol ya know what I mean?

I'm reminded of Nous, once again. This philosophy is sooo old. Check it out when you have time pretty please. :-)

en.wikipedia.org...

Introduction: nous in philosophy The basic meaning of "nous" or "intellect" is "understanding", but several sources or types of "understandings" are often distinguished from each other: Sense perception is a source of feelings, impressions, or raw data about things, but it needs to be interpreted in order to be converted into real understanding. Reason is a source of new understandings but it is built by putting together and distinguishing other things already understood. Philosophical discussion of nous has therefore centred around the origin of the most basic understandings which allow people to make sense of what they see, hear, taste or feel, and which also allow them to start reasoning. These basic understandings are often felt to at least include such things as understandings of geometrical and logical basics, and also an ability to generalize properly into correct categories or universals, setting definitions. This mental step between perception and reasoning has sometimes been discussed as an aspect of perception or an aspect of reasoning, as will be seen below. The question then also arose of whether there can really be any source of such basic understanding other than the accumulation of perceptions. Somehow the human mind sets definitions in a consistent way, because people perceive the same things and can discuss them. So the argument goes, as will be shown below, that people must be born with some innate potential to understand the same things the same ways. And in addition to this it has also been argued that this possibility must require help of a spiritual and divine type. The question of where understanding comes from, is therefore related to the question of what knowledge is, and how things can and should be defined or classified. Another important philosophical discussion concerning nous stemming from these, involves not only human thinking, but the nature of the cosmos itself. As mentioned above, some philosophers proposed that the human mind must have an ability to understand which is divine, and independent of normal sense experience and physics. This ordering of the individual human mind, it is then argued, must be somehow derived from a cosmic mind which orders nature just like the human mind orders its understanding of nature. This was claimed from an early time, by Greek philosophers such as Anaxagoras. By this type of account, it came to be argued that the human understanding (nous) somehow stems from this cosmic nous, which is however not just a recipient of order, but a creator of it. Such explanations were influential in the development of medieval accounts of God, the immortality of the soul, and even the motions of the stars, in Europe, North Africa and the Middle East, amongst both eclectic philosophers and authors representing all the major faiths of their times.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Read my last post and that will help you understand how we create our own realities.

Hes saying America doesnt want to give on a collective scale (the system is constructed to make your minds greedy) to poor Africans, who dont have any real technology and are left in the dark.. so collectivly the Africans have unhealthy water, not enough foods or educational centers, so their perception OF, becomes one negative reality. Thus creating more a negative reality of starvation and degradation of technology.

Pladgerizing... please.. information and knowledge does not BELONG to anybody, its free. Information is thoughts, thoughts flow through the cosmos freely. Only a system built on greed would invent a concept as pladgerizing to cause more mental confusion..

You are another consciousness lost within the systems game. Your reality is fabrications, thus you dont understand these simple concepts. Get your mind out of the machine's gutter, keep it quiet, and tune into yourself, and you will understand these simple concepts. You are consciousness not ideas and fabrications known as a personality...

The video was ment for people who are not informed or conscious of these concepts, that is why its all childish and "light" on the mind. The video is ment to take it easy on people like you so you dont get lost in the overwhleming information as it can be hard to understand such things when you have fabrications of reality, and the elite systems in which you look up to have not claimed such things as "fact" .. yet.

You are only capable of asserting your dogmas, friend. You're justifying them by acting authoritative, as if you possessed the key to all truth. Should I obey your words? Should I head your truth?

Or should I take them for what they are: a self-confession, a moral memoir and displaying of one's wounds.

My reality is your reality, sir. There's no changing that. You can spew your words and ideas as far as they can reach, yet you sit there motionless, content, and not changing anything for the better, except the playground where you remain.

Lol!! ... my friend our realities have nothing in common but the outside World, which all you know and understand. You are totally stuck in your outside perspective and personality masking Self.

Call it what you want, but dont insult me by saying our realities are the same.. you have no idea.

Im not being authoritive at all.. maybe you are just weak minded? Meditate a little.. get to know your true self

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Why dont you just stop responding? You dont agree with the video.. you dont understand "New age" which is self-discovery. We get it. Your stuck in old ways, now you can leave this thread and enjoy your money-sucking life.

Seems money keeps oyu in a "snarky" mood.. maybe a little self discovery might light up your reality and give you bliss within. You dont need money to be happy..

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
And this is what the distraction of religion does to man. It gets everyone to fight and bicker so they don't see the bigger picture. Spirit Science is great, but Patchman, the narrator in most of the lessons, admits that the listener(s) should take what he says with a grain of salt and not give themselves over completely to the information. Being so narrow minded to information is what this Age has done to man, try and at least to watch the lessons with an open mind and you might learn something.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join