Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Is Dan Brown A Mason?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The title is self-explanatory. I just want to know if he's one. Do any of you masons know if he is?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Dunno.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
The title is self-explanatory. I just want to know if he's one. Do any of you masons know if he is?

He is admitedley not a Mason.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Simple google

wiki.answers.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I don't think he'd have written The Lost Symbol if he was, not that he is of course

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
After the publication of The Lost Symbol Dan Brown was invited to give a guest lecture at a Masonic function. He could not attend due to scheduling (promoting the new book), but sent this letter:

October 6, 2009

Guests of the Southern Jurisdiction,

It is my great honor to be invited to greet you via this letter. I had hoped I might be able to join you in person tonight, but the launch of my novel The Lost Symbol has me far from Washington.

In the past few weeks, as you might imagine, I have been repeatedly asked what attracted me to the Masons so strongly as to make it a central point of my new book. My reply is always the same: “In a world where men do battle over whose definition of God is most accurate, I cannot adequately express the deep respect and admiration I feel toward an organization in which men of differing faiths are able to ‘break bread together’ in a bond of brotherhood, friendship, and camaraderie.”

Please accept my humble thanks for the noble example you set for humankind. It is my sincere hope that the Masonic community recognizes The Lost Symbol for what it truly is…an earnest attempt to reverentially explore the history and beauty of Masonic Philosophy.

Yours sincerely,

Dan Brown
So he's not a Mason, but he admires the Masons and what we do.
edit on 2012.9.6 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Not only do we say he's not a Mason, Dan says he's not a Mason too

He says he likes Freemasonry though. Which is nice, I expected him to demonize us in his last book.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

First off im not a Mason,I just heard Leo Zagami talk about this subject the other day,Leo has a interview on Orion Talk Radio from April first.It is a question of do you believe Leo and do you believe anything you hear on Aprils fools day..myself? meh... on the two questions but i said i would inform you incase you would like to watch/hear it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by
AugustusMasonicus

reply to post by JoshNorton

reply to post by Rockpuck

Okay, thanks guys! So he's not one after all. Well, not yet. Thanks again!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

reply to post by
AugustusMasonicus

you guys talking about me? that is funny why i put a good word in for you,nah to much of a tear away in my younger days for that,i would imaging.You might see me in a A.m.o.r.c retreat or workshop,maybe in a few other places though

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 05:44 AM
link   
This is like asking if Salvadore Dali or Leonardo Da vinci were Catholic. They both did commissioned pieces for the Church but never attended Mass.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'll be a bit spoilery here, but it's also worth noting that Dan Brown's Angels & Demons doesn't really demonize the Bavarian Illuminati. We all remember the trailer for the film version, with Tom Hanks shouting "It's the Illuminati!" or somesuch, but the big twist is that the Bavarian Illuminati are still long dead and a rogue catholic uses them as a scapegoat for a false flag attack to seize control of the Vatican for himself. (not unlike how the Vatican demonized the original Bavarian Illuminati in the 1700s, and, for that matter, the Knights Templar 400 years before that).

Sharp guy, that Dan Brown. (Except for still putting out the idea that the Priory of Sion was a real thing and not a French hoax from the 50s and 60s…)
edit on 2012.9.7 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostgold

reply to post by
AugustusMasonicus

you guys talking about me?
Considering we all posted in this thread before you did, no, I don't believe any of us are talking about you. Unless your name happens to be Dan Brown. But since you signed your U2U to me as "John", I'm going to guess that's not the case either. Do you often wander into a room full of people and assume that they're all talking about you? You might consider seeking help…

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton
I'll be a bit spoilery here, but it's also worth noting that Dan Brown's Angels & Demons doesn't really demonize the Bavarian Illuminati. We all remember the trailer for the film version, with Tom Hanks shouting "It's the Illuminati!" or somesuch, but the big twist is that the Bavarian Illuminati are still long dead and a rogue catholic uses them as a scapegoat for a false flag attack to seize control of the Vatican for himself. (not unlike how the Vatican demonized the original Bavarian Illuminati in the 1700s, and, for that matter, the Knights Templar 400 years before that).

Sharp guy, that Dan Brown. (Except for still putting out the idea that the Priory of Sion was a real thing and not a French hoax from the 50s and 60s…)
edit on 2012.9.7 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

Wait a minute. Did you just said that catholic attempt to take over the Vatican using the Illuminati concept? I though about that, but I though also that Vatican was already catholic. Please elaborate your idea, it seems pretty interresting.

There is too much publicity about Illuminati. That means someone behind the scene is promoting and pushing it. That means Vatican is playing a game.

You said the prieure of sion is a hoax? I doubt it, no offense meant. If the PS doesn't exist, then where the heck did the Black Nobility came from?
What were the Knight Templar figthing for?
edit on 7-9-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

BTW, if Dan Brown wasn't a Mason, how comes he knows so much about them? ATS?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I think he just asked some questions and was smart enough to understand the answers.

Most masons would be elated to tell people all about it, problem is, that some folks just won't believe anything that isn't fantastic and satanic.

And what Josh was describing was another Dan Brown story. It was a work of fiction. Not true. A Book.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

He was genuinely interested in them, so you know, he did the opposite of what someone on ATS would do. He actually went and met one of them! Can you believe that? The nerve of him!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Wait a minute. Did you just said that catholic attempt to take over the Vatican using the Illuminati concept? I though about that, but I though also that Vatican was already catholic. Please elaborate your idea, it seems pretty interresting.
Read the novel. I said a catholic. I've already spoiled it, but a guy from within the Vatican creates a false Illuminati scare so that he can unify the cardinals against them and become pope himself.

You said the prieure of sion is a hoax?
Yes.

If the PS doesn't exist, then where the heck did the Black Nobility came from?
No connection to the Priory.

What were the Knight Templar figthing for?
No connection to either the Priory or the Black Nobility.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

He got out of his armchair and did some research.

And he didn't get it all right, but he did a pretty good job.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

He got out of his armchair and did some research.

And he didn't get it all right, but he did a pretty good job.

No , he didn't get it all right so I was going to add "Since he did get some of it wrong , he may have gotten some of his info from ATS after all . "

But others are correct , Mr. Brown got off his butt and actually talked to a Mason . And he is smart enough to discern the outlandish tales from the truth .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join