Wisconsin Economy Surging Without Tax Increases

page: 3
8
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Yeah I just moved down here, I am from Maine actually.

I have seen both sides of the economic spectrum as far as business growth and opportunity go.

I totally agree. Repealing Obamacare would be a great start to fixing our Unconstitutional government that is intent on driving us towards insolvency.




posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Yeah I just moved down here, I am from Maine actually.

I have seen both sides of the economic spectrum as far as business growth and opportunity go.

I totally agree. Repealing Obamacare would be a great start to fixing our Unconstitutional government that is intent on driving us towards insolvency.


We also need to reform Social Security. People are living longer.

Canada already reformed their retirement system. Now it's our turn.

I was thinking early retirement age moved up to 65. Full retirement age 67.





edit on 8-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Again, I agree with you.

As far as I am concerned, we need major restructuring of some of our most important institutions. For some, that includes getting the Federal Government's hands out of the pot, so to speak.

Unfortunately, changes such as these, in order to be effective, must be achieved in a bi-partisan effort. The wedge between the two parties and their supporters is becoming wider every second and I do not see that happening.

To stay on the topic of the thread, the last I had heard Gov. Walker's administration secretary Huebsch had said that the state of Wisconsin would have an ‘undisclosed deficit’ from Jan '12 through June '13.

"In June, Walker and Republican lawmakers passed a balanced budget according to the measure that is always used for state budgets – cash accounting. That means essentially that the state will have cash left in its main account – an estimated balance of $68 million – when the budget ends on June 30, 2013. That’s the measure that state officials use for budgets and the one Walker has repeatedly touted in statements when he says he eliminated a $3 billion budget deficit on a cash accounting basis.”

So are they going with GAAP or what? Accounting for future obligations, or no?

I wish politicians didn't obfuscate every single thing possible.



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2
 


They are just reining in spending.

Before Gov. Scott Walker took over, the unions were making out like bandits.

Walker changed all that.

Clearly, Walkers economic policies have succeeded.

Hence, he won his recall election.

There is no mystery here.



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Yeah they know about it. The whole country has been under trickle down many times.

It has never worked though. There are a lot of republican ideas in place this very minute. Lowest rates for wealthy right now.

Where are the jobs?
There are no jobs because the middle class is expected to pay what the wealthy wont put in. Therefore the biggest group of people have less moeny to spend and demand goes down.

What, you think rich people are going to hire more out of the goodness of their hearts even if the market doesn't demand it?

Brainwashed


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Big deal OP. It is just about the same % increase as most other states. Yet you say " WOW" And say it is all Scott walkers doing. You even go so far as to use the word "Surging" LMAO. Way to go in trying to make Scotty walker look like some kind of conservative hero though.





The severe fiscal problems that crippled state budgets and sparked brutal political battles in the wake of the recession are easing, as state tax revenue rose substantially last year, the Census Bureau reported Thursday.

State tax collections were up 8.9 percent in the fiscal year that in most states ended last June. The improvement spanned the country, with all 50 states reporting an increase in tax collections — something just 11 states experienced during the previous fiscal year.

[url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/states-tax-revenue-rose-89-percent-in-last-fiscal-year/2012/04/12/gIQAlAEqDT_story.html]source[/ur l]



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical
 



Don't bother these guys with facts and details please. They live in a world where a % Increase, that is about the same or less then the 50 state average, means it is "Surging" and it is because of one man.



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
From an article from June of this year:


One of the hallmarks of Walker’s governorship that he often touts has been a reduction in the state’s $3.6 billion budget deficit.

According to figures from the Wisconsin Department of Administration, Wisconsin will have a positive budget balance of $154.5 million or, in other terms, a surplus of $89.5 million, by June 30, 2013. (Roughly $65 million of the $154.5 million is a modest reserve for the state, so it can’t be spent by an administration.)

On his campaign website, Walker claims to have erased this deficit “without raising taxes” while giving school districts and local governments “the tools to balance their budgets without the massive layoffs seen in other states.”

While this claim is true, opponents would note that it ignores the pay decreases faced by union workers as a result of the law Walker signed.

Under this law, called Wisconsin Act 10, state and local government workers are required to increase contributions to their health insurance and pensions. As a result, many union workers, such as teachers, have faced pay cuts.

In the Nicolet Union High School District, for example, the average teacher salary decreased by slightly more than $2,000 — from $74,431 to $72,125 — between the 2010-2011 school year and the 2011-2012 school year, according to reports from the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.

In the Abbotsford School District, where the average teacher salary was notably lower, teachers still saw their salaries decline between school years. In Abbotsford, the average teacher salary dropped by almost $400 between the 2010-2011 school year and the 2011-2012 school year, going from $48,805 to $48,415.



PolitiFact page



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Man, you guys are absolutely right.
These policies are in place in other states yet are lacking the same outcome.

These guys love to downplay and discount certain statistics when they are not in their favor, but as soon as they start showing some sort of positive momentum, they jump all over 'em. And attribute it to one man! And his "fiscal policies." Ha

Just like unemployment, "unemployment dropped in every state that elected a Republican governor" is the headline on Breitbart and Fox. But unemployment has dropped in every state but one since January 2011.....

Politicians and their media whores (and all their loyal and blind followers) are nothing but spin masters, the left and the right are a deceiving bunch of A-holes. They will not help the middle-class.
edit on 8-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


I'm not sure what your reply really means. It doesn't stay relevant with what I was discussing in my last post, sounds just like rhetoric you are repeating from Rush's show today, or something...

Rein in spending? Please. He may be cutting public funds or fighting the unions (which in my opinion are just as corrupt as the politics that have allowed them to be) but time and time again it has been proven that these mainstream Republicans play the same game as the "loony lefties" who spend outrageously.

Most of the GOP governors criticized the economic stimulus package and then turned around and made excuses why they need/should take the money. They are all hypocrites. It would put the country "on the road to socialism," but.... maybe this one time it will be alright? It would be funny if it was not so insane.

I understand there is no mystery for you. Clearly.

"Just blame the Democrats! They did all of this! Not us! We didn't help! We have been trying to fix things for 200 years... Why hasn't it worked yet? Well, we just need to win this election and get Obama out and we will show you! Promiiisseeee!" This is all I hear most of the time.
edit on 8-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


I'm not sure what your reply really means. It doesn't stay relevant with what I was discussing in my last post, sounds just like rhetoric you are repeating from Rush's show today, or something...

Rein in spending? Please. He may be cutting public funds or fighting the unions (which in my opinion are just as corrupt as the politics that have allowed them to be) but time and time again it has been proven that these mainstream Republicans play the same game as the "loony lefties" who spend outrageously.

Most of the GOP governors criticized the economic stimulus package and then turned around and made excuses why they need/should take the money. They are all hypocrites. It would put the country "on the road to socialism," but.... maybe this one time it will be alright? It would be funny if it was not so insane.

I understand there is no mystery for you. Clearly.


Remember when Gov. Scott Walker simply made the unions contribute more $$$ for

their benefit packages? They threw a fit and stormed the capitol.

The unions are spoiled brats.

The democrats fled the state and hid in Illinois.



posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Absolutely.

I do not give Scott Walker as much credit as you do.

Reminds me of the mob getting rid of their competition so they can control a certain area of the city.

And scapegoating the Dems doesn't help us solve anything.

Just where I am coming from... Yes, the unions are a huge part of the problem. No, they are not the only one.
edit on 8-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatriotGames2
reply to post by Eurisko2012
 


Absolutely.

I do not give Scott Walker as much credit as you do.

Reminds me of the mob getting rid of their competition so they can control a certain area of the city.

And scapegoating the Dems doesn't help us solve anything.

Just where I am coming from... Yes, the unions are a huge part of the problem. No, they are not the only one.
edit on 8-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)


Bottom line: Is Wisconsin better off today than it was 4 years ago?

The answer is clearly - YES ! -


That is why Gov. Scott Walker won his recall election.

That is also why Republican Tommy Thompson will win his U.S. Senate seat.

--------------- Wisconsin is now a - RED - state.
--------------------





new topics
top topics
 
8
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join