It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new MGS game announced demo in the video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

yep its official the legend himself Hideo Kojima announced last week at the MGS 25th anniversary and then revealed to the world that the next installment in the metal gear solid series is MGS ground zeroes not ground zero but ground zeroes and you will get the chance to play big boss in his latest missions. release date is still unknown and the platforms for which system will be ps3 and xbox 360. the game itself will be running on the fox engine which means better graphics and easier/less time to make. if you cant watch the imbeded video then i'll just have the link here the trailer plus demo tell me what you think?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yeah, looks more interesting than Revengence or whatever.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i heared that releasing on ps3 or xbox 360 was just an idea which many dislike.
it's possible that this will be a 2 generation game, released on our consoles and the next consoles.
it does look damn awesome and i now await the english trailer.
screw raiden, he is nothing. big boss and his sons are the real characters also oceltot.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
WOW! looks really good, I like the new graphics engine there using. It seems metal gear just never dies, and one of the gripes with the whole series for me at least were always the controls, just from the demo it looks like they streamlined the whole thing and made it much easier and better to control...Freaking finally, its about time.

But man the graphics are really top notch this time around, and that one part in the demo were he got into that jeep and drove off really shows that this game is going to be different then the other ones, they even said that its an open world type of game. Which would be a new thing for MGS as all the other ones were level based, and you definitely could not drive things in it that you found, only on specific game parts, but other then that it was level by level based.

Really looking forward to this game, but it seems you play with snake, the original one not Solid or Liquid or any other of his clones. Hopefully they will even give you the answer to some of the questions the other games did not, as the last game left you kind of asking more questions then it gave you answers.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
i heared that releasing on ps3 or xbox 360 was just an idea which many dislike.
it's possible that this will be a 2 generation game, released on our consoles and the next consoles.
it does look damn awesome and i now await the english trailer.
screw raiden, he is nothing. big boss and his sons are the real characters also oceltot.

i`m pretty sure that this game will be a current gen game. mainly because if you look at when the burned bald guy moves the mirror it looks like there are some low res textures. if anything mgs5 will be on the next gen console.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

I agree, except I do think Raiden proved himself after the "Big Shell Incident". I mean. He took out a crap load of autonomous rays and took out the third big boss clone "Former President George Sears." Not to mention his help in 4.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimevoyager
reply to post by listerofsmeg

I agree, except I do think Raiden proved himself after the "Big Shell Incident". I mean. He took out a crap load of autonomous rays and took out the third big boss clone "Former President George Sears." Not to mention his help in 4.

you know i`ll still pick up mgr revengeance just because i would love to see what the story is about. and maybe it might have flash backs about his childhood about the war something that would be very interesting.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
WOW! looks really good, I like the new graphics engine there using. It seems metal gear just never dies, and one of the gripes with the whole series for me at least were always the controls, just from the demo it looks like they streamlined the whole thing and made it much easier and better to control...Freaking finally, its about time.

But man the graphics are really top notch this time around, and that one part in the demo were he got into that jeep and drove off really shows that this game is going to be different then the other ones, they even said that its an open world type of game. Which would be a new thing for MGS as all the other ones were level based, and you definitely could not drive things in it that you found, only on specific game parts, but other then that it was level by level based.

Really looking forward to this game, but it seems you play with snake, the original one not Solid or Liquid or any other of his clones. Hopefully they will even give you the answer to some of the questions the other games did not, as the last game left you kind of asking more questions then it gave you answers.

if anything that i have learned from the trailer it`ll probably go in detail about big boss and zeros war. hence the title ground zeroes. you`ll probably see miller betray big boss. then see big boss go into south Africa to build outer heaven.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by truthofnitrous

Could be, it sounds likely. And on that point wasn't Jack, aka Raiden one of the original child soldiers that were produced from those wars story wise. I think we may see Raiden in this game as well, long before he took the gray fox path and became the new cyborg ninja. In fact you got to ask who was that kid they had in that cage in the beginning of the demo? In all I think this game will be the best metal Gears yet, and will probably tie in all the lose plot twists that they had.

I see now why Kojima and his team abandoned production for Revengence, I think they let another team make that game, while he and his team focused on the new Metal Gear game, even the name itself like you say eludes to what its going to be about...Ground Zeros. In all I am looking forward to both games this new metal gear and Revengence, the only thing that would make it sweeter would be if they make a zone of the Enders 3, then it really be giddy with glee moment.

I really wasent looking forward to many game in the coming years, but it looks like that all could change.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

Could be, it sounds likely. And on that point wasn't Jack, aka Raiden one of the original child soldiers that were produced from those wars story wise. I think we may see Raiden in this game as well, long before he took the gray fox path and became the new cyborg ninja. In fact you got to ask who was that kid they had in that cage in the beginning of the demo? In all I think this game will be the best metal Gears yet, and will probably tie in all the lose plot twists that they had.

I see now why Kojima and his team abandoned production for Revengence, I think they let another team make that game, while he and his team focused on the new Metal Gear game, even the name itself like you say eludes to what its going to be about...Ground Zeros. In all I am looking forward to both games this new metal gear and Revengence, the only thing that would make it sweeter would be if they make a zone of the Enders 3, then it really be giddy with glee moment.

I really wasent looking forward to many game in the coming years, but it looks like that all could change.

i think kojima confirmed that the boy in the cage was Chico if you played peace walker then you look at the 3d model of Chico and compare it to the boy in the cage you would get a remarkable resemblance between the 2 and besides i'm thinking this game quickly takes place after peace walker. now do i think it would tie up the loose plot ends? hell no i you watch the hour long presentation with kojima at pax he mentions that the story of ground zeroes would be a prologue for MGS5 and if i'm right about this then MGS5 would be on next gen consoles. and this metal gear game would be the last MGS of this current gen. now for games i am reeeeally looking forward to would be ground zeroes, revengeance, gta V and hopefully fallout 4 (if they ever decide to announce the damn game)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Never played peace walker, but I know a guy who eats, #z and breathes videogames and he says its one of the best metal gears. So I may play it one day, they even have a HD version of it now I see.

But if its all going to be a prelude for the next console and the next metal gear, it sounds good. Really it wasn't that long ago were they did a interview with Kojima I think it was when he said there not going to do any more metal gear games. But then again I think they say that every time, and yet, if there is a demand then dam right there going to make more metal gear games.

But still no news yet of any new ZOE game, and there are a few other games I am looking forward to, some have came out already like Guild Wars 2, but I just don't get it because it would eat way to much time out of my life, and the same for the others. And games like revengence and GTA V looking forward to them, but I never got into the fallout series, the whole slow down and gameplay kind of killed it for me.

I dont know for a first person shooter rpg, for me it did not really work. The game is good, the story was interesting for what it was, but it was just not all that fun to play, if they do another one, they got to get rid of that system and try to put something more fast paced, in fact the whole way they went about it in trying to do the whole rpg and fps thing blended into one mesh, well it did not really work, at least not the way they tried to go about it. They definitely got to rethink that part of game.

Oh and it seems there doing a MGS movie to, as to that I really do not think it will work out all that smooth in movie form, you just can not cram hundreds of hours of the games into 3 hours and not cut corners in everything, and besides the whole concept even the snake character is already influenced from a movie already.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
So excited for this. "I need scissors 61!!" "Raiden Im eating right now get back to me later." Most well thought out series ever. That malfunctioning AI part and the LaLiLuLelo . You just don't forget stuff like that. Watch the videos in my signature and tell me Hideo Kojima isn't a genius.

hahahaa
edit on 10-9-2012 by shamaniski because: (no reason given)

top topics

join