It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of the Steelworker Featured at DNC Didn’t Work for Bain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Here we go. More tactics at work amidst several others uncovered so far. Its getting uglier and pathetic upto certaine extent.

They each told compelling stories about jobs lost, allegedly because of the actions of Bain under Romney’s leadership.

But it turns out one of those employees never actually worked for a company controlled by Bain Capital.
David Foster was supposedly one of those former employees on the convention schedule. He told the story about 750 steelworkers who lost their jobs when the Bain-controlled company GST steel filed for bankruptcy in the early 1990s.

LINK

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
haha

I guess if you can't find one of the 750 guys, hire someone to pretend.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Almost every major steel company in the country went bankrupt in the 90's. My father worked for Bethlehem Steel for 36 years in a position that tracked manufacturing costs of their competition.

The fact is that the Japanese steel industry ran the US Companies out of business with cheaper steel in quality and in price. They had newer plants (built after WW2) and lower labor costs since they were non-union.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Actually, no one said that he worked for GST steel. He even said that GST Steel was ONE of the companies he he led.

I also led the steelworkers in the upper Midwest, including GST Steel in Kansas City

Speech Text

Pathetic is right.

edit on 9/6/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

This man David Foster was no more VETTED than Obama was

edit on 6-9-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalWabbit
The fact is that the Japanese steel industry ran the US Companies out of business with cheaper steel in quality and in price. They had newer plants (built after WW2) and lower labor costs since they were non-union.

Shhhh! They can't blame that on Romney or even Bush so they don't want to hear it. They really don't want to put the blame for that where it really belongs, because Truman was a Democrat. Besides this was just a Union put up job anyways.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Not so Pathetic when you read and find out who Mr. Foster is and represents.

David Foster was supposedly one of those former employees on the convention schedule. He told the story about 750 steelworkers who lost their jobs when the Bain-controlled company GST steel filed for bankruptcy in the early 1990s.

abcnews.go.com...
That's part of the OP.
Now your contribution.

I’m David Foster, and I was a steelworker for 31 years. For 15 years, I laid brick and tapped the furnaces, and did all that hard, dirty work that turned molten metal into the cars and bridges and buildings that make America what it is today.

I also led the steelworkers in the upper Midwest, including GST Steel in Kansas City, a 100-year old company bought by Mitt Romney and his partners at Bain Capital in 1993. It’s a story that I wish didn’t have to be told, but America needs to know the truth.

www.demconvention.com...
No wonder the DNC did not VET him,,,, it sounds like he worked for sait company but the truth of the matter and why the DNC had him there is this.

“David Foster was never an employee of GST Steel’s Kansas City plant. He was employed by the United Steelworkers of America as their regional union director to represent GST Steel, but was not employed at our facility,” according to BC Huselton, who was head of HR at GST.

Instead, Foster was a union organizer, who negotiated for workers that did work for the company.

abcnews.go.com...
Instead, Foster was a union organizer
There it is,,,,,,,,,,,, in Bold Print for you,,,,,,,, Union Organizer,,,,,Doesn't the Democrats in Washington Love The Unions? Why not get one to tell a Heart Wrenching Story,,,,, Who's going to know?

edit on 6-9-2012 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

I know all that. I said so in my post. He didn't work for the company, he led their union. He said so in the speech, so there was no misrepresentation or failure to vet him.

Worthless thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by guohua

I know all that. I said so in my post. He didn't work for the company, he led their union. He said so in the speech, so there was no misrepresentation or failure to vet him.

Worthless thread.

The question is did Bain have anything to do with the loss of jobs?
Steel Industry In Turmoil

The steel crisis had to do with labor costs. The fact is, the guy the DNC had speaking is actually the responsible party. He was in charge of the union, the reason for the high labor cost, the reason for the problem to begin with. So while the misrepresentation asserted by the OP did not occur, a far more insidious one did.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Same story, different source.
This is the part that's pertinent:

The Democrats have been lying to the American people for years and have gotten away with it, mostly because of complicit news media. ABC News deserves some credit for being forthright with the American people. Let’s hope this is part of a trend of more than only conservative websites being critical of the Democratic Party.

new topics

join