It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Looking For A Term That May Not Yet Exist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Omnaeschatology...... the study of all things from the beginning of time till the end!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobody you know
"Humanology" The more I thought about it, the more sense it made to me as a proper term.

It's a good term, but it's too focused on the paint that covers the layer of paint that covers the paint at the top of this specific Empire State Building. There's way too much that exists besides the human being that needs clarification, and to be honest, while the human being's place within reality takes the most effort to properly clarify, stuff like internal context and the role of imperative expressions is a lot more important for people to fully grasp than the minute nature of how the human being serves and is served by either of these existential staples.

Humans are the final and ultimate natural emergence, and it's proper to acknowledge this and celebrate it, but the examination itself isn't solely about the rise of the human being. It's about redefining the rise itself, and how it naturally developed from literally nothing at all into producing a being with the capacity to imagine itself as having created it all in order to find a means to establish is own level of "otherness" within a reality that only exists as a direct result of its own divine existence. Let's face it. For such a being to ever exist, a hell of a lot of normal stuff had to find a way to emerge.

You don't get the kind of wild-card craziness that the human mind brings to the table without layers and layers and layers of good, solid, stable reality upon which to allow such insanity to run free. The sheer calamity that such craziness inflicts requires a level of existential invulnerability to already rest beneath it with eons of patient disinterest to buffer whatever the human mind might suddenly spin out on without warning.

The human mind is glorious and magnificent, but it's like a fireworks display. It needs the dark night sky behind it, and up and down to be established so that you can see how brilliant and colorful and wonderfully arranged it is. It needs the reality of quiet to host the bangs and booms that it presents with authority and belligerence for any impact whatsoever to be felt and appreciated. Without the establishment of what isn't the fireworks of the human mind, there's nothing to compare that wondrous brilliance to. Nothing to present it against.

My theory defines the human mind, but it defines it relative to what exists beneath it. It presents how all of that came into existence and from where it came. The human mind is fairly well examined already. It's this backdrop that has been given short shrift. And without a full appreciation for the reality that embraces us, we're immeasurably less fascinating as the bizarre and unprecedented emergence that we actually are.

I hope this helps better explain the scope of the theory that I'm still struggling to fully define with one or two words. I really appreciate the suggestions and I'm listing all of them and working through dictionaries and common usage references to see if any of them will help me successfully alert the kind of people we're approaching to the unique nature of what's being suggested with this effort. Most professional people only read 10 words into any presentation before concluding whatever it is that they'll ultimately conclude, and of those 10 words, they'll key on (maybe) 4 of them to make the preso itself do even more of the work for them. I may have only this one term to grab their distracted attention. It will have to be absolutely the right term.

Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by balanc3
Omnaeschatology...... the study of all things from the beginning of time till the end!!!

What's the root word here? I tried, but I can't determine it.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RavenSpeaks
reply to post by NorEaster

Trans-dimensional Sapiensics

If dimensions existed as more than just human perception interpretation categories, then maybe.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
Just off the cuff, how about conservative sollipsism?

I'm not looking for a psychiatric diagnosis, but thanks anyway.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

I'm looking forward to reading your ideas. Considering what you mentioned in your OP, I'm going to just throw some words out there:

- principiumology
- completics
- integerism
- evidentology
- aparantology
- associology
- veraxology
- veritics
- factumology
- totumism
- absolutics
- datumism

I'm hoping you actually coin the term yourself. Good luck.

Very nice. These will open doors for me, if nothing else. Thank you.
edit on 9/8/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by nimbinned

NorEaster, I enjoy your eloquent musings, but this is beyond trite.

What is it with this need to label everything ?

It's time to get out of your head brother.

The brain is an amazing mechanism but it is NOT you.

Thread to follow to explain and extrapolate.

Peace

* Ned

When communicating to other human beings, terminology is essential. Hell, you just used 49 terms (not counting the contraction's combination of two terms, bringing it all to an even 50) to explain the uselessness of terminology to me. Doesn't that seem a bit ironic to you? It does to me.

Yes, reality exists in spite of labels, and this thread readily proves that fact (since I have no label for what I've developed here), but communication does not exist without recognizable labels of some sort - whether symbols, feelings, intuitions, sounds, images, or whatever they end up being. Words are used on this planet, and even the most enlightened among us use words to communicate. You use words to communicate.

I'm just looking for a word that will accurately communicate the - to date - unlabeled thesis I've developed, and now need to share with those people who live and die on labels as central to the work they do in this world. This effort has survived nicely for many years now without such a label, so I agree with you that labels are adjunct to what it is that does, in fact, exist.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erowynn
Cosmology

1.the branch of philosophy dealing with the origin and general structure of the universe, with its parts, elements, and laws, and especially with such of its characteristics as space, time, causality, and freedom.
2.the branch of astronomy that deals with the general structure and evolution of the universe.

Source

1a : a branch of metaphysics that deals with the nature of the universe
b : a theory or doctrine describing the natural order of the universe
2: a branch of astronomy that deals with the origin, structure, and space-time relationships of the universe; also : a theory dealing with these matters

Source

1. (Philosophy) the philosophical study of the origin and nature of the universe
2. (Astronomy) the branch of astronomy concerned with the evolution and structure of the universe
3. (Philosophy) (Astronomy) a particular account of the origin or structure of the universe Ptolemaic cosmology

Source

A universe is just one tiny slice of the reality confine that it's contained within. There are many such universes, and there are many such reality confines. Each reality confine is isolated from each other reality confine by unique quantum rate, with the unit rate of change affecting the synchronization and emergence of information relative to each change that occurs from instant of "now" to instant of "now". Two disparate reality confines can never fully engage with one another, even if tiny instances of revelation are possible as happenstance allows one confine to experience a moment of random alignment with a closely metered confine. Of course, if such a moment is noticed and taken seriously (which has happened, even if extremely rarely) then the interpretation of such an event is generally skewed to serve traditional narratives that may have emerged in the past to explain previous instances of random alignment. The concept of dimensions certainly suggests that this has been one of the interpretations to emerge over the course of humans observing such random instances of alignment, but who can really know for sure.

My point is that this examination is extremely broad in scope. Much broader than a simple universe and its unique suite of physical dynamics.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I've specifically extracted this examination from the influence of human perception and reason, so I'm not going to suggest that it is based on perception interpretation. That would be a complete misrepresentation. Inference - if done properly - is not simple association, and I've established very clear safeguards against improperly inferring anything as a result of simple association. Most of that establishment involves the very strict choice of dots that I connect as opposed to the kinds of dots that are available for connecting. I only use imperative expressions and primordial qualifiers, and this has revealed itself to be the key to eliminating my own flawed human perception from the effort. Then, eliminating all conjecture, and allowing mystery to exist within the confines of expression, has kept the focus very constricted, even as the relative scope has expanded well beyond where I'd ever expected.

It's almost as if this has turned into an examination of the space between the raindrops, (as an analogy, of course) clearly defining those raindrops by determining all that isn't those raindrops and relating it to what has already been determined about those raindrops by others who have become raindrop experts. The shift in perspective has revealed amazing things about the subtle (and not so subtle) differences between what is true about raindrops as opposed to what has been declared to be true about raindrops.

And the implications of some of it are profound, and ultimately applicable to the business of corporeal life and basic survival on a macro level. We're still factoring a lot of it out, but it shows great promise for extreme breakthroughs in technology, healing, energy production, travel, societal security/protection, and many other mundane applications. It's pretty exciting stuff.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1ss1dent
What about omniology?

I did a dictionary search and it suggested Onology.

I agree with the root term, though.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
Existential phenomenology

It's imperatives and qualifiers driven though. Not net impact driven. Good one, though.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

My search is for a term that describes the study of that which includes all of these fields, while being based solely on logical inference, that seeks to establish exactly what exists as factual and definable. A field that brings physics and metaphysics and philosophy and all that exists and is brought into existence, together as one full reality narrative based on clearly defined dots that are securely connected.

Hey, there, Nor!

How about this:
"ducerology" or "duceology"

combining latin ducere (to lead) with -ology (from greek "logos" reasoning).

ducere is the root word for induce, deduce, adduce, etc. -ology or -logy is from logos meaning logic/reasoning, you know...

so, the study of how things lead to what is...

duceology or ducerology -- whichever is proper for grammatical binding of latin to greek root words.

?? maybe?

yeah, just "coined" it. You can send the royalties to my paypal account.

edit on 8-9-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Its difficult to put a term onto what you are looking for because, like you said, science is the study of matter. anything else would be non-matter or spirit. The two main groups of non-material study are Philosophy and Theology. Although science is a huge aid in the study of the spirit (non-material) mixing the two is like mixing oil and water.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

What about omniology?

Omniology simply means "the study of everything". Omni = everything, logy = the study of & "o" is the combining vowel.

edit on 8-9-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

What about omniology?

Omniology simply means "the study of everything". Omni = everything, logy = the study of & "o" is the combining vowel.

Yes, the study of everything matter.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Another one:

Pantonology (panton-o-logy)

edit on 8-9-2012 by D1ss1dent because: link

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theophorus

Its difficult to put a term onto what you are looking for because, like you said, science is the study of matter. anything else would be non-matter or spirit. The two main groups of non-material study are Philosophy and Theology. Although science is a huge aid in the study of the spirit (non-material) mixing the two is like mixing oil and water.

I think you'd be floored if you knew what I've discovered about how well these two (material and non-material physical existence) mix. In fact, they are absolutely interdependent and work in constant symbiosis to create all that comes into existence. One cannot exist without the other, and this is the point. Without this understanding, reality continues to be a confounding paradox.

This elimination of the notion that material and non-material existence are incompatible, or that the study of either requires the suspension of the other as definitive, may be the most important aspect of what I've been able to establish and prove.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

What about omniology?

I know. I was just having some fun with what my online dictionary tossed up as an alternative. The word Onology means "foolish discourse". I found that to be ironic, considering the nature of the thread itself.

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

It is the non material that sees the apparent material (the scene).
The some thing appears on the empty screen of awareness.

You must find yourself as the unseen presence in which all appearances appear to know your true nature - which is still and peaceful.
edit on 9-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Another one:

Pantonology (panton-o-logy)

edit on 8-9-2012 by D1ss1dent because: link

This dictionary defines panton as "A horseshoe to correct a narrow, hoofbound heel."

Weird.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join